You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Why

Comments

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    Together we could light up the World could you take that.... hic!
    Could Take That take that?
    Should really listen to the words first before quoting songs. Hic!
    Have posted my Woodpecker ( cough! ) which comes to feed on the nuts I put out in the bird feeder. Have Green Parrots, Jays also all the regs Crows Maggies ect; but...

This Morning on the Drive was what I thought was a Pigeon until I picked it up.
    The Cat had not got it, as it was all intact no visible injuries but definitely dead.
    See pic: any Idea what it's called I've not seen one before.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,978
    Not sure.

But I think that is a pied wagtail.
    The Feathers round the neck were like fur and the wings like silk. Beautiful Bird.
    Too big for wagtail.

One of these i think
    Hooded Crow?

https://www.animalspot.net/crow
    Mm! not so sure Phil ....

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,004
    Possibly one of these a Ukrainian Skycutter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Skycutter

Putin killed it......
    Nice try Toot Toot right size but everyone of them have black wings this bird has white wings one side which you can see has two black feathers in the middle other side all white.
    Also has long neck like bird of pray without the hooked beak so it's not one of them.

There were no bullet holes in it, closest so far. I'll check if it's got red feet....
    Question is, are you going to eat it?
    goldon said:

There were no bullet holes in it, closest so far. I'll check if it's got red feet....

Check it's ring.....
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,004
    The Ukrainian Skycutter is a breed of pigeon that has been developed for high flying. It is a variety of domesticated rock dove. This breed of high flying tippler was developed by centuries of breeding. Ukrainian skycutters are actually different breeds of pigeons put together so markings will vary from bird to bird.

lucy4 said:

The Ukrainian Skycutter is a breed of pigeon that has been developed for high flying. It is a variety of domesticated rock dove. This breed of high flying tippler was developed by centuries of breeding. Ukrainian skycutters are actually different breeds of pigeons put together so markings will vary from bird to bird.

Checked the feet and they are red so unless anyone can come up with alternative.

Knew it was special as have lots of pigeons flying around the garden non looking that good. Shame to bin it as love to keep it. The Victorian's were big on Taxidermy but frowned on nowadays. Had last look at it before putting it in a box and into the Wheelie bin. Said, little Prayer goodbye. The Picture does not do it justice, sad day.

In Loving Memory of "Bertie"

Well, Grandchildren came round to visit and on telling them about the bird I found on the drive they wanted to see it. So it was exhumed from the Wheelie Bin and put out on display. On opening it's wings right out it was even bigger than at first glance. The kids were not squeamish more fascinated and commented how lovely it was and that the wings looked like shoulder pad's. Checking it again noticed some tail feathers bent twisted and wondered (as it's from the Pigeon Family) the common pigeons had attacked it. Neighbour's security camera show it on the drive but not falling or being attacked. Kids did drawing pictures of it and called it "Bertie Bird" then wanted all the pictures in the box with it. "You can't put it in the Wheelie Bin Grandad," so it was agreed Bertie should be buried in the Garden. Oops!
    Didn't see that coming so Bertie has now joined my Cat Jason at the bottom of the garden. Hope the Fox doesn't dig it up the ground was rock hard have to go out later and bury it deeper.
    Told them when Ozzie Dog goes, he can't join them they'll all fight .....
    Family bonding for one day we all learnt about life & Death and me a Lesson on how to deal with it.
    Talking of Birds, not many old crows in Hernia's new government this one will defiantly have all the O.A.P.s vote.

End of an Era......charlie never fill the boots will be known as Charles the t urd.