You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Greatest Hero Call Ever? $269K pot won with Jack High

Comments

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    Dozza said:

What a terrible spot to choose for the person in charge of allegedly sending vibrations to this coat. To risk being exposed as cheaters to the world just to have a coin flip on the river.

This. When I saw the thread title, I assumed the board was going to be one where a call could make some sense with Jx unblocking a ton of missed straight draws. It wasn't even close.

It also seems highly likely that there's no hand misreading going on, based on her reaction and embarrassment at turning over what she almost certainly knows to be the winning hand. She holds one black and one red card, so this isn't getting misread as AJcc, QJcc or J8cc. The only misread might be AJo, thinking it's good and you have a live read. But it seems highly unlikely here, especially given she has returned the money to Garett.

Respect to Garrett. He always conducts himself to a high standard at the table. This is yet another example.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Bean81 said:

Dozza said:

What a terrible spot to choose for the person in charge of allegedly sending vibrations to this coat. To risk being exposed as cheaters to the world just to have a coin flip on the river.

This. When I saw the thread title, I assumed the board was going to be one where a call could make some sense with Jx unblocking a ton of missed straight draws. It wasn't even close.

It also seems highly likely that there's no hand misreading going on, based on her reaction and embarrassment at turning over what she almost certainly knows to be the winning hand. She holds one black and one red card, so this isn't getting misread as AJcc, QJcc or J8cc. The only misread might be AJo, thinking it's good and you have a live read. But it seems highly unlikely here, especially given she has returned the money to Garett.

Respect to Garrett. He always conducts himself to a high standard at the table. This is yet another example.
    100% this

having watched it again.....cheat!
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    She has challenged Garrett to a HU battle to settle this once and for all.
  • Options
    kawamattyzkawamattyz Member Posts: 2
    @stokefc I don't actually think I was cheated, just some trolling about the Hustler situation. By the way I recommend Doug Polks breakdown; he covered it extremely well as usual
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619
  • Options
    EpokerEpoker Member Posts: 101
    stokefc said:

In a completely unrelated matter - I just lost AQs to Q9s in the £22 rebuy main event allin preflop to some donk. I definitely got cheated by him somehow: give me my money back

I find it quite bizarre that you feel you've been cheated , have we had a drink mate
    How on earth can you not see this is a joke....
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    Epoker said:

stokefc said:

In a completely unrelated matter - I just lost AQs to Q9s in the £22 rebuy main event allin preflop to some donk. I definitely got cheated by him somehow: give me my money back

I find it quite bizarre that you feel you've been cheated , have we had a drink mate
    How on earth can you not see this is a joke....
    Because he was moaning about it on the table he was on with me , i'm trying to pacify him after he said he felt cheated
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Garrett clearly did not believe what he was seeing... EssexPhil would think he should be not be allowed to play in future shows for having that thought.... :D:D:D
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Dozza said:

I think it's pretty obvious who will win that HUp ....... :p
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    All players and staff will be interviewed. Lie detector tests will have to be taken. This investigation is set to take some time. I will update when the findings are made public.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,635
    MISTY4ME said:

Dozza said:

I think it's pretty obvious who will win that HUp ....... :p
    wont be hard she will be able to see his hole cards every hand. >:)
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Joey Ingram has 12 hrs on this on you tube.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    Having slept on this, I'm coming round to the idea this is just a horrendous call that happened to be good. I'd assumed that Robbi must have at least some clue to be playing in this game, but other hands played suggest not. Seems to be some ridiculous **** waving going on against Garrett.
  • Options
    Helissio2Helissio2 Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2022
    She ran it twice. What cheating method not only tells you that you will have the winning hand after the river. But also a second river?
  • Options
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619
    Helissio2 said:

She ran it twice. What cheating method not only tells you that you will have the winning hand after the river. But also a second river?

@Helissio2

Excellent point.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    Tikay10 said:

Helissio2 said:

@Helissio2

Excellent point.
    Can think of 2 possible reasons:-

1. The Dealer is in on it
    2. She runs it twice, knowing she has the odds to do so (as either she knows his cards, and/or the 1st River Card. She expects to win one and lose 1, and there would not be the furore that ensued
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCVjV17aQlE

Now covered by The Behavioral Panel
  • Options
    Garrett has donated the money he got back from Robbi to charity.