You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Anything World Cup Related

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    lucy4 said:

Comment of the game:-

Great save from the Moroccan keeper, Bono.
    Portugal still haven't found what they're looking for :)
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,972
    Ronaldo,Fernandes et al just got railroaded by the Marrakesh Express...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fE06X25fDU
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    well its all over now England are out no chance anymore.

Now we can wait aniother 4 years before everyone wrongly gets their hopes up again.

at least france would stand a tiny chance against Morroco the England definitely would not.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    I called it I said we stood no chance once again we are out on penalties. Penalties we never should have been given.

We were the worse team and just dived.

every single time its the same thing. England will not win a world cup ever.

maybe after human kind has been nearly wiped out in the inevitable nuclear war and some form of mutated species emerges from the evolution of human kind, they may have sports maybe even something similar to football maybe even football itself and maybe they might have a world cup and some greys may occupying the land that is currently known as England might win a tournament then several hundred years in the future, But we shall not see this in our life time.
    edited December 2022
    Doubleme said:

Now we can wait aniother 4 years before everyone wrongly gets their hopes up again.

at least france would stand a tiny chance against Morroco the England definitely would not.

England were unlucky. Can safely say you know nothing about football.

England would beat Morocco 9 times out of 10. France will beat Morocco 9 times out of 10.

"Tiny chance"!

You can get 11/1 on Morocco winning the World Cup right now. In a 4 horse field.

France are 13/10. Had we won, we would probably have been joint favourites with Argentina,
  • Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 274
    Doubleme, have you ever watched football before? Diving? Are you for real?
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Tremendous
    Essexphil said:

Doubleme said:

England would beat Morocco 9 times out of 10. France will beat Morocco 9 times out of 10.

"Tiny chance"!

You can get 11/1 on Morocco winning the World Cup right now. In a 4 horse field.

France are 13/10. Had we won, we would probably have been joint favourites with Argentina,
    Unlucky how exactly? I see a lot complaining about the referee but the first half penalty claim was outside of the box and the supposed foul on Saka in the lead up to the first goal there was only minimal contact. No way is any goal ever getting disallowed for that. England never really created a clear cut chance the whole match. Griezmannn ran the game and showed wonderboys Foden and Bellingham what a top class attacking midfielder really looks like. France thoroughly deserved their win.
    gregkdy82 said:

Tremendous

Essexphil said:

Doubleme said:

"Tiny chance"!

Unlucky how exactly? I see a lot complaining about the referee but the first half penalty claim was outside of the box and the supposed foul on Saka in the lead up to the first goal there was only minimal contact. No way is any goal ever getting disallowed for that. England never really created a clear cut chance the whole match. Griezmannn ran the game and showed wonderboys Foden and Bellingham what a top class attacking midfielder really looks like. France thoroughly deserved their win.
    Thought England didn't get the rub of the green in relation to ref's decisions in 1st half. Believe both those calls were 50/50-believe VAR would have backed the ref's decision either way on both of them. He also missed a clear-cut pen awarded by VAR

France were clearly the better team in the 1st half. Just as much as England were in the 2nd. Griezmann is a top quality player-he was the best player in the 1st half. Disappeared after his booking. Best players in 2nd half were Saka, Bellingham and Lloris. Foden did not have a good game.

No clear cut chances? Behave. Maguire hit the post, 2 cracking saves by Lloris. The 2nd Pen was denying a clear-cut chance. As was the foul on Kane in the 1st half.

England were unlucky to lose. 50/50 game-they would have been just as lucky to win.

The referee was shocking. Got most things wrong. Not just v us- Mbappe got poleaxed running down the Wing towards the end, but ref saw nothing wrong. Still not as bad as the 1 in the Argentina-Holland game.

I thought England-and France-played really well.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Essexphil said:

gregkdy82 said:

Tremendous

Essexphil said:

Doubleme said:

"Tiny chance"!

Thought England didn't get the rub of the green in relation to ref's decisions in 1st half. Believe both those calls were 50/50-believe VAR would have backed the ref's decision either way on both of them. He also missed a clear-cut pen awarded by VAR

France were clearly the better team in the 1st half. Just as much as England were in the 2nd. Griezmann is a top quality player-he was the best player in the 1st half. Disappeared after his booking. Best players in 2nd half were Saka, Bellingham and Lloris. Foden did not have a good game.

No clear cut chances? Behave. Maguire hit the post, 2 cracking saves by Lloris. The 2nd Pen was denying a clear-cut chance. As was the foul on Kane in the 1st half.

England were unlucky to lose. 50/50 game-they would have been just as lucky to win.

The referee was shocking. Got most things wrong. Not just v us- Mbappe got poleaxed running down the Wing towards the end, but ref saw nothing wrong. Still not as bad as the 1 in the Argentina-Holland game.

It was a good game and both teams played well and it was definitely the best of the quarter finals. Aye Lloris made a cracking save from Bellingham but it was a long range shot not really a clear cut chance. Can't remember him having another great save tbh. Mcguire skiffed the post with a header from a corner I do remember that, suppose you can count that as a half decent chance but at no point did they carve open the French defence. The second pen was denying a clear cut chance? No way Mount was getting to that, that is a ridiculous claim.

The ref did give two pens albeit he gave the 2nd after rewatching on the screen. If you are going to start giving pens when I defender shoulder charges an attacker in the box to let the ball run through for a goal kick or to the goalkeeper then there will be 10 penalties every game. If that is a pen then it should have been one the other way when Shaw shoved Giroud with both hands in the back as he made a run into the box. The French never made a fuss though and got on with the game.

You say Griezmann disappeared but his cross for the winning goal was sublime and the best bit of quality the whole match.

Pickford also had to make big saves in the second half from Rabiot and Giroud.

The substitutions from Southgate were baffling. Can't understand why he took Saka off he was England's best player by a long way and only giving Rashford 5 mins was criminal

France definitely deserved the win in my neutral opinion ☺
    edited December 2022
    Weird fact showing the importance of penalty shoot-outs.

Croatia are in the Semi-Finals. They have won precisely 1 match so far other than shoot-outs. Against Canada.
    edited December 2022
    gregkdy82 said:

Essexphil said:

gregkdy82 said:

Tremendous

Essexphil said:

Doubleme said:

"Tiny chance"!

It was a good game and both teams played well and it was definitely the best of the quarter finals. Aye Lloris made a cracking save from Bellingham but it was a long range shot not really a clear cut chance. Can't remember him having another great save tbh. Mcguire skiffed the post with a header from a corner I do remember that, suppose you can count that as a half decent chance but at no point did they carve open the French defence. The second pen was denying a clear cut chance? No way Mount was getting to that, that is a ridiculous claim.

The ref did give two pens albeit he gave the 2nd after rewatching on the screen. If you are going to start giving pens when I defender shoulder charges an attacker in the box to let the ball run through for a goal kick or to the goalkeeper then there will be 10 penalties every game. If that is a pen then it should have been one the other way when Shaw shoved Giroud with both hands in the back as he made a run into the box. The French never made a fuss though and got on with the game.

You say Griezmann disappeared but his cross for the winning goal was sublime and the best bit of quality the whole match.

Pickford also had to make big saves in the second half from Rabiot and Giroud.

The substitutions from Southgate were baffling. Can't understand why he took Saka off he was England's best player by a long way and only giving Rashford 5 mins was criminal

France definitely deserved the win in my neutral opinion ☺
    England had several chances. True to say that England didn't carve open the French Defence-but (surprisingly) neither did the French. Because both teams are regarded as having better attackers than defenders.

Agree with you about Saka. Thought he had his best game for England. Confident I'm unbiased there-I'm a Spurs fan :)

Good cross for the winner. Whereupon Giroud completely fluffed his header, and it bounced in off Maguire's arm. The sort of luck every team needs.

Look at the stats for the game-England had way more shots (16-8), way more shots on target (8-5), more corners (5-2), less bookings (1-3). But, of course, its goals that count.
    Currently doing the rounds on Social Media.

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    lucy4 said:

Currently doing the rounds on Social Media.

Bet them both so hope so.
    I hope it is a France Argentina Final. They are the 2 best teams left in the competition.

But Qatar are going to have a fascinating Final, whatever happens.

Croatia? A country with a smaller population than Scotland. And 1 last hurrah for Modric.
    Or Morocco. The 1st African country to reach the semifinals. A Muslim country with as many ties to both Europe and the Arab World as Africa.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
    Essexphil said:

I hope it is a France Argentina Final. They are the 2 best teams left in the competition.

But Qatar are going to have a fascinating Final, whatever happens.

Croatia? A country with a smaller population than Scotland. And 1 last hurrah for Modric.
    Or Morocco. The 1st African country to reach the semifinals. A Muslim country with as many ties to both Europe and the Arab World as Africa.

Morocco all the way for me.