You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Jac35 said:

I’m now on the list for a partial knee replacement.
    Consultants are pretty blunt.
    Stop smoking. lose weight and you have a chance of surviving the operation!
    He’s absolutely right about the smoking. I keep trying and failing but hopefully this is the jolt i need. I’ve now stopped smoking for 57 minutes. Just need to keep going
    The weight one felt a bit harsh. I’m the heaviest i’ve ever been. Just over 13 stone. So not horrific but i definitely feel heavy. So i’ve also stopped eating. 58 minutes ago to be exact. Just need to keep going

He said i need to get it done as it’s bone on bone with the inside of my knee.
    18 month waiting list is actually better than i thought it would be.

My walking is still pretty ok considering. I just get a lot of swelling and from time to time my leg just gives way completely which is pretty embarrassing

I played poker the other night was in for £260 at one stage with games running. Much higher than normal. Luckily got a 3rd and a 7th which got me down to just a £58 loss which was ok
    Lost 7 straight Dyms, 5 at £11 and 2 at £5 which is rare.
    When i bust the last one i was very rude to someone. My only comment in chat all night but not good from me. It was def a slowroll imo and i was a little grumpy already when it happened. Still shouldn’t have said anything so bad me.

I haven’t ranted to patient poker friends since Sunday. Just need to keep going. Ok, i haven’t played since Sunday but still, no moaning is progress.

First golf lesson for my son was on Sunday afternoon. He enjoyed it so he’s booked in for a full course. Im guessing he’ll only stop loving it once i love splashed out on a set of clubs for him.
    Mrs Jackson is addicted to golf now. She’d never ever watched it before we met and now it’s on the Tv every day when i get home with old Masters reruns etc
    So, she’s now booked in for lessons too.

I’m playing at Lutterworth and also at Hinckley next month. Played neither before
    Anyone played them?

Derby got a big win last night. I think we might just miss the play offs but considering the position the club was in this time last season i’m happy enough

It's always a pleasure reading your rants all night whilst getting murdered yourself :)
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    Hi Paul, nice to see you update, pity about the leg issues but good that you’re on a list before the NHS gets truly decimated.
    Poker, meh. Stupid game.
    As we are on the subject of b….ggered body parts, I had a little accident a week before I went to Vegas ( came back Saturday just gone) I REALLY want to post a pic ( pretty sure I’ll get sympathy from the poker community if I do 😏)
    Ever worked on a circular saw? Tip - Don’t put your thumb near it ..
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 910
    tomgoodun said:

Hi Paul, nice to see you update, pity about the leg issues but good that you’re on a list before the NHS gets truly decimated.
    Poker, meh. Stupid game.
    As we are on the subject of b….ggered body parts, I had a little accident a week before I went to Vegas ( came back Saturday just gone) I REALLY want to post a pic ( pretty sure I’ll get sympathy from the poker community if I do 😏)

Insert your own Tom Thumb joke here....
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 234
    edited April 2023
    Best of luck with the Smoking and diet, nice read! @Jac35 >:)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    Great update @Jac35, replacement knee eh? Are you going to be the golf equivalent of Andy Murray?

Brilliant that the family are getting into golf, as long as you weren't using golf as a way of getting away from it all, obviously.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    tomgoodun said:

Poker, meh. Stupid game.

Wow, hope you're OK Tom, can you still count to 10 without using your toes? (Too soon?)

I have a friend who was cutting noggins for his extension using a table saw, he cut the last piece and threw it onto the pile with the wrong hand, thus also throwing his hand through the saw blade, one second of thoughtlessness cost him a thumb and forefinger. If you got away with all 10 left you've been very lucky.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    tomgoodun said:

Poker, meh. Stupid game.

Nasty Tom, it's very very painful too i know from experience , take care mate
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,144
    Enut said:

Great update @Jac35, replacement knee eh? Are you going to be the golf equivalent of Andy Murray?

Brilliant that the family are getting into golf, as long as you weren't using golf as a way of getting away from it all, obviously.

Ha, very good @Enut

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Hardly playing but when i do i’m looking more at mtts.
    I may slightly be beating Dyms currently but certainly not by much.

I’ve played about 3/4 mtts a night when i have played this month and have some ok results. I can’t quite convert but it’s ok.

With such a magnificent mental game i think i’m very well suited to the big flips in the late stages and take any beats in my stride.

Junior coaching went well again
    Played my first round of the year on Saturday night
    Was a little rusty. A quality 9 on the 3rd and a 8 on the 5th slightly hindered my front 9.
    Something clicked and i was one over for the back 9 which was decent.

Looking for Autumn trips now. Prices seem to have gone through the roof though
  • Options

Where was that Paul?

Think I might give Chevin a go this week.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Where was that Paul?

Think I might give Chevin a go this week.

Mickleover

Chevin! Are you on glue?
    First 10 holes straight uphill. You’re at altitude by the end of the front 9
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    Jac35 said:

I’ve played about 3/4 mtts a night when i have played this month and have some ok results. I can’t quite convert but it’s ok.

With such a magnificent mental game i think i’m very well suited to the big flips in the late stages and take any beats in my stride.

Was a little rusty. A quality 9 on the 3rd and a 8 on the 5th slightly hindered my front 9.

I agree prices have gone crazy, maybe look abroad, Turkey is great value (all inclusive) and a fantastic venue.

Ps I wish I ran as well against others as I do against you, very frustrating when there are so many poorer players on the table.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Jac35 said:

I agree prices have gone crazy, maybe look abroad, Turkey is great value (all inclusive) and a fantastic venue.

Ps I wish I ran as well against others as I do against you, very frustrating when there are so many poorer players on the table.
    I might well do that.

Join the club. Everyone runs well against me. So damnn rigged!
    Wasn’t it just a straightforward flip you win the other night? :)
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    Jac35 said:

HENDRIK62 said:

Jac35 said:

I might well do that.

Join the club. Everyone runs well against me. So damnn rigged!
    Wasn’t it just a straightforward flip you win the other night? :)
    I think one was but maybe one was a bit lucky, I actually forget but I seemed to remember feeling i dodged a bullet.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    @Jac35

Excellent update Paul. Forum Diaries got a bad press for a while in some quarters, no idea why, I've always enjoyed the insight they gave into people's lives & minds.

"Track man at Morley Hayes golf is amazing and costly, It’s so addictive."

It's both of those things, then some. Instead of going 3 times per week, I go almost daily now. Plus, they've hiked the prices up considerably. I mean, it's great value for the analysis it gives us, but a 90 ball basket @ £8.50 seven times a week comes to real money, without even counting juice for the car.

Here's the current price list at Morley Hayes. Pretty sure that when Trackman was installed the prices went up 30%. ;

• Options

@Jac35

"If anyone wants to check, I make it 8 from 8 losses heads up in mtts. Bit frustrating"

On 15th December, you won a £300 BH. No wins since in around 300 MTT's, since when you have run 2nd nine times by my reckoning.

2nd, BH @ 13.45

2nd 9 @ 9

2nd 9 @ 9

2nd £400 BH

2nd Mega @ 20.25

2nd 9 @ 9

2bd Reload

2nd Reload

2nd 9 @ 9

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

"If anyone wants to check, I make it 8 from 8 losses heads up in mtts. Bit frustrating"

On 15th December, you won a £300 BH. No wins since in around 300 MTT's, since when you have run 2nd nine times by my reckoning.

2nd, BH @ 13.45

2nd 9 @ 9

2nd 9 @ 9

2nd £400 BH

2nd Mega @ 20.25

2nd 9 @ 9

2bd Reload

2nd Reload

2nd 9 @ 9

Thanks for that. Confirmed crapp
    I think i might leave making this thread Heads up and stuff
  • Options
    Looks like it’s not just Waddy telling porkies on the forum

Just saw i came 12th in the shitshow and not 10th
    Maybe i actually came 8th in 9@9 too and i’m not really rubbish at heads up after all!
  • Options
    I think what’s stood me in good stead over the last 25 years playing poker is that i’ve always had such a solid mental game.

Played for a couple of hours just now and i just smiled as i lost a 4 way all in with KK v QQ QQ and A4.
    With 8 left and 3 seats for the Sunday major and for about 50% of the chips in play it was amusing as the Ace came on the turn

I enjoyed bubbling a 10 dym when a player had about 14 chips

With 10 left and 6 paid in my last mtt i was happy to get QQ in the sb when the button open shoved for lots. He had what i hoped he would have. A hand like K10. Jubilant scenes as the K hit the flop. I recovered a little and then got it in with J8 v 87. Delight as the 7 hit and i bust

Ok, i’m lying. Poker is a wankerr so often 😉

I’ll have another go tomorrow no doubt!

Good goal from Silva as i’m writing this drivel. Think i’ll just watch the game and have a little cry