You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Straight from the toes - Quickfeet's blog

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    This is heart breaking and words cannot describe what you're going through , stay strong mate for your mum and take care
    Sean x
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    I'm so sorry to read about your mum's problems, you appear to be coping extremely well in what is an awful situation. I don't want to second guess the NHS but I presume they've checked for something as simple as a UTI (urinary tract infection)? That may seem strange but in the elderly a simple UTI can result in some of the same symptoms as dementia, especially confusion and loss of memory. I had a client recently who was suffering similar symptoms and the family were convinced that she had dementia and was on a slippery slope, anyway a UTI was diagnosed, rather than dementia, treated with antibiotics and she returned to her normal self within a coupe of weeks. Certainly worth having a word with her doctors to make sure they have checked for that.
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    Thanks @stokefc and @Enut
    Yes, mum's waters have been tested regularly but unfortunately it's not a simple fix - just old age.
    Until a few years ago, mum had enjoyed remarkably good health. The first time we called the GP out he said "I printed out your mum's medical history and here it is!" He held up a blank piece of paper. So I guess she has been very lucky really.
    Last September when she was 90 was the first time I have ever needed to bring in paid carers to help me. For her to have been my sole carer until that age is pretty amazing really.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Aw Dave, I am so sorry to hear this.

Thoughts with you and you Mum at this difficult time.

Take care @QUICKFEET
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319

@QUICKFEET

Morning Dave.

That's just heartbreaking.

It's rather lovely though that you are able to reciprocate the care your Mum has given you throughout your life.

If you find time & feel up to it, keep us updated please. There are a lot of very good, caring people here & they can & will give you some moral support.