You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Busto again, to The Final Reckoning. The final challenge.

Comments

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924

seen an interesting newcomer in the 1.50pm @ southwell, great name - Ace of Spades, 9/2 last night, might be worth a couple of quid...... maybe watch the market in case it drifts way out….noticed it is the sporting life pick….so put me off a bit.

Meeting abandoned.

Update from yesterday.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    3 reasons for my challenges, of which I have done a few,. Starting with. £10 to £500, £10 to 1k, then onto the £0 challenge at the beginning of this year.

1. To prove to others even the most average player can win a little.
    2. For my own focus.
    3. For my own accountability

That’s why I try and fully document, but it’s hard work doing daily reports especially when the update that lost the game history happened.

It’s good to challenge yourself, but I am feeling a little lost with my game, I hoped this would bring something back, but not sure it has.

Working on an improved challenge for next year, so I would welcome any thoughts.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited December 2023
    Working on an improved challenge for next year, so I would welcome any thoughts.

Do you fancy managing 'The OWLS' ?

o:)

........ now thats a PROPER Challenge

;):D:D
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Hi Col @coo1-um

You could try the (T)DYM Challenge where you win two DYM's at every level in sequence, and as soon as you LOSE, you have to start again....... that way it only costs you 28p Max (if my Maths are right) :)

or play Tourneys at every Buy-in level until you win one....... then move up to the next Buy-in :)

GOOD LUCK with your next Challenge :)
  • Options
    I think Danny Rohl is doing a good enough job there. Will be another big test on Saturday against @stokefc.
    Last week Barry Bannon came out and said he was probably the best manager he has worked for, that’s a bold statement. Shame he didn’t get the job in the summer.

Sure they will get out of it without my help.

Just goes to show what statistical analysis can do for the game. I could learn a bit of that for my poker.

First thing to look at ahead of the next challenge.

1. Look deeper into statistical analysis.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Hi Col @coo1-um

You could try the (T)DYM Challenge where you win two DYM's at every level in sequence, and as soon as you LOSE, you have to start again....... that way it only costs you 28p Max (if my Maths are right) :)

or play Tourneys at every Buy-in level until you win one....... then move up to the next Buy-in :)

GOOD LUCK with your next Challenge :)

Interesting concept. When chasing points looks a decent enough option.

Something like this.

Tournaments. Would never get off the £0.55 nightly micro.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    I like the look of the 3 game option more.

edit* actually maybe not now I look at both together.

Giving the 2 game option a go sometime.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    coo1-um said:

I think Danny Rohl is doing a good enough job there. Will be another big test on Saturday against @stokefc.
    Last week Barry Bannon came out and said he was probably the best manager he has worked for, that’s a bold statement. Shame he didn’t get the job in the summer.

Sure they will get out of it without my help.

Just goes to show what statistical analysis can do for the game. I could learn a bit of that for my poker.

First thing to look at ahead of the next challenge.

1. Look deeper into statistical analysis.

I can safely say the SCFC1863 charity bus will be in town Saturday Col
  • Options
  • Options
    Luton v Burnley let me down on goals scored, with the odegaard bet coming in.

Rewards. Nowhere near. Played 1 SPT micro 2 seats and a cash on offer and finished 4th.

2 x £2.20 DYMs played prior to the challenge.

• Options
    Happy to take this challenge on, but I need a challenge target.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    WIN the two £55 DYM's or even the two £110's :#:#

......if you can get the 'Serious players' out of Bed :o>:):D

GOOD LUCK mate :)

.....and remember .....as soon as you LOSE, it's back to first 28p DYM :s:s
  • Options
    Challenge 1 is confirmed.
    Objective.

to win up to and including 2nd £55 game. Which would be a run of 22 games

Been realistic and in the spirit of winning or losing the challenge I have put a +£500 / -£100 figure on this also. I think these figures are about right.
  • Options
    The tournament idea is a lot harder to work out mainly due to the limitation of availability of the lowest level game. Might need to look at a set of games and just final tabling, and not sure this can be a list to work down, more of a randomised thing.

Looking for another 4 if anyone has ideas. I thing DYMs are covered. Regular games is more of a time thing as would cash. I would never play enough to set a worthwhile challenge that I could complete.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,749
    @coo1-um you could do the DYM thing with regular heads up games.....
  • Options

@coo1-um you could do the DYM thing with regular heads up games.....

That’s a good shout. Will work on the objectives later.

Challenge 2 booked.

I would like to cover all games. It’s not a challenge without a little jeopardy.
  • Options
    Just seen this.

• Options
    Sky bet. Couldn’t pick a result in the Man U v Chelsea and Villa v Man City games.
    Used free bet above on sheff utd getting stuffed by Liverpool.

• Options
    More losses.

still working on the challengers, trying to incorporate satellites, Tournaments and PLO varieties into the mix. But will need to work on this bankroll first.

• Options
    My final set of challengers ever will be announced tomorrow. sure most will be glad to hear, saying that none will be easy.