You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,621
    I'll vote for her ....... We need a new London Attraction ...... hic!

• Options
    ‘Flabbergasting’ code of conduct proposed by parking firms.

Our life in their hands ( Oops! Rules ) Tory roll over.

• Options
    Where do you live ......

• Options
    Always wanted to be a Legal Eagle " Lawyer " but my Education was the stumbling block.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,286
    goldon said:

Always wanted to be a Legal Eagle " Lawyer " but my Education was the stumbling block.

That and filing things in the wrong place :)
  • Options
    Did I mention my ...... stupidity...... &.... forgetfulness
  • Options
    We can't all be perfect ..... but I think I'm nearly there.........Hic!

• Options
    The Future is Bike........

only bought a cargo bike to do the school run but now, seven years on, I use it for everything. I use it to carry the dog to the park, I put the weekly supermarket shopping in it, and sometimes I get my husband to chauffeur me in it when he and I go to the pub.

It’s made living in the city a thousand times more pleasant. There are no parking tickets, no Ulez issues, no traffic jams. They’re immune to the sky-rocketing costs hammering car ownership (where insurance premiums have risen from an average of £613 to a record high of £892 in just 12 months, say Compare the Market, while the price of fuel
  • Options
  • Options
    Not so silly catching on.....try the Tandem two-some passengers up front.

• Options
    Hello - Rocketman

A horse can gallop at speeds of 40 to 48 kilometres per hour (or 25 to 30 miles per hour). The fastest known speed by a race horse was 70,76 kilometres per hour (43.97 miles per hour).

• Options
    Things can only get better...... ?

Well the Sun is shining anyway that's something.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,292
    edited May 10
    @goldon

"So with them now nesting it was probably the position in the Garden as the move to the wall of the house this year has done the trick."

Bluetit nesting boxes should ideally face between North & East. This avoids strong sunlight (which makes the box too hot) & protects from most of the rain.

"Was told the hole had to be correct size"

Just over 25mm (an inch) is ideal. They don't mind it being bigger, but the trouble is that allows bigger birds to access it & steal the space, & even sometimes kill the bluetits.

• Options
    Thank you Mr T should have looked this up years ago.
    I got the box as Birthday Pressie only came with instructions how to assemble.

Females are fussy creatures...... hic!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,292
    edited May 10
    Bluetits are such industrious birds. Once the chicks are hatched, just watch how many times the parents fly in & out all day bringing food.

Just looked it up on google, which says...

"Feeding chicks takes its toll on the parents as they flit in and out of the nest box with juicy fat caterpillars. Each chick can eat 100 caterpillars a day, so to feed a brood of ten, adults need to find as many as 1,000 caterpillars a day!"
  • Options
    One looks like this one.
  • Options
    The other has Crest and more Green looking. Could have chicks already if that's the case. What I'm thinking is building material could be grubs....
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    Could sit and watch t1ts all day B)
  • Options
    Toot Toot it's very therapeutic I can recommend it ( tlt )

When I first noticed them they would land on the washing line twitching and looking around after few seconds dart in the hole in the box.
    Now they just fly straight in so can't see what's in their beak.
    Their used to us being close now and fly over our heads not a care in the World.
    Cats given up stalking them more afraid of the Magpie getting him. tweet tweet