You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Snooker World Championship

12346»

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship:
    Great news for Trump fans. Not only are you 10-7 up overnight, but I've just had a substantial amount on Higgins in running @ 6/5 and then 13/10. The 13/8 about him now will prob also be snapped up if it's still there in the morning.  Your man canny lose now !  ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hope you are right, I cannot see Higgins losing!
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited May 2011
    i have 1 quid e/w on trump at 33/1 whooooop 50 quid coming my way :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Never write Higgins off. He has a knack for battling his way through matches. I can see this going down to the last couple of frames.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just had the following bets on the betfair exchange.
    BackYour
    Odds
    Your
    Stake
    Your
    Profit
    Higgins 18 - 166.2£5.90£30.68
    Ref: Bet matched:
    Higgins 18 - 176.2£6.00£31.20
    Trump 18 - 168.2£4.00£28.80
    Trump 18 - 177£4.00£24.00
    8£1.00£7.00
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2011

What a final !!!

Well done Higgins and my OP tip was right
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2011
    Wow I was sweating that !!!!

Great effort from Higgins to get me up for the tourny overall (considering it was the first result I got right in 17 days i'll take it!)

Had to go big, backed him when 10-7 down!

What a great tournament, ul Trump fans! ;)

:):):):):):):):)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Nice one.

I also went with him when he was 10-7 down, I knew he would battle back to take it.

It was close though.
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited May 2011
    pretty sick final, Higgins had a massive run of the ball, without that the score would have been closer to the other way around!

not sure seeing the cheat return to win it will be good for the sport long term though
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    He was found not guilty.

After reading the full transcripts of the tapes I can see why he was found not guilty too.

Was stupid of him not to mention the meeting to the authorities though.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited May 2011

............And they say 'cheats' never prosper!

UL young trump (sounds like a small f*rt,lol)...the better player lost IMHO.

RIP Ted Lowe, Mr Snooker. 
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    pretty sick final, Higgins had a massive run of the ball, without that the score would have been closer to the other way around! not sure seeing the cheat return to win it will be good for the sport long term though
    Posted by SHANXTA
    What do you mean, I am none the wiser?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    He was found not guilty. After reading the full transcripts of the tapes I can see why he was found not guilty too. Was stupid of him not to mention the meeting to the authorities though.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    i know that he was found not guilty, however it's still going to be the first thing people think of when he is mentioned, and that is not good for the game
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : What do you mean, I am none the wiser?
    Posted by wynne1938
    i presume u know the events Higgins has been involved in over the last year?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : i presume u know the events Higgins has been involved in over the last year?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    No,pray tell!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : i know that he was found not guilty, however it's still going to be the first thing people think of when he is mentioned, and that is not good for the game
    Posted by SHANXTA

I agree, but there's not much anybody can do about that now.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : i know that he was found not guilty, however it's still going to be the first thing people think of when he is mentioned, and that is not good for the game
    Posted by SHANXTA
    But you still deem it ok to call him a cheat in your other post?

Is everyone guilty in your eyes immaterial of the outcome???
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : But you still deem it ok to call him a cheat in your other post? Is everyone guilty in your eyes immaterial of the outcome???
    Posted by kaymac

O J Simpson?.

TBF, there is no smoke without fire in my book and he was caught on camera and SUSPENDED for a while. To state he was 'not guilty' is a little kind TBH. Greed in sport is horrid and a player of Higgins callibre should of known better. I still respect him as a player, but not a person. Question for you....
    If Ronnie or say the other Higgins, Alex, was caught like this, dont you think they would of had the book thrown at them and made an example of?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Like I said earlier, I was fortunate enough to see the whole transcripts of the meeting. The clips we all saw was heavily edited to make it look like he was agreeing to do this.

I wish the website was still around so you could all have a read for yourselves.

Like I said earlier though, John should have told somebody about the meeting, but he probably foolishly thought nobody will ever get to hear about it and I might get into bother if I report it.

The deal never happened because there wasn't a deal made and as far as i'm aware he has never thrown a frame or match.

The trouble is now there will always be a doubt in all of our minds.

As for if it happened to Ronnie, I think it would have been handled in exactly the same way. Snooker probably needs Ronnie more than any other player. You only have to see at all of the events that struggle to pull in big crowds, his matches are the only ones that sell out.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship : O J Simpson?. TBF, there is no smoke without fire in my book and he was caught on camera and SUSPENDED for a while. To state he was 'not guilty' is a little kind TBH. Greed in sport is horrid and a player of Higgins callibre should of known better. I still respect him as a player, but not a person. Question for you.... If Ronnie or say the other Higgins, Alex, was caught like this, dont you think they would of had the book thrown at them and made an example of?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Don't get me wrong, I do not like the guy. I just think that some of the things that have been said about him are unfair and petty minded.

I agree that anyone caught cheating in any sport should be disciplined and dealt with correctly, but as he did the time, surely he should be allowed his moment in the sun.

Of all the players in the recent World's he was the one with the tenacity, grit and staying power to win it. Next year may be wholly different with the likes of Trump, Ding and a number of others having more experience, but at the moment he is definitely the one to beat!
  • Options
    igimcigimc Member Posts: 625
    edited May 2011
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Its not the first thing i think of,the first thing i think is SCOTLAND has a world champion.
    I wonder if it was "rocket" ronnie your negativity would be as bad.
    and by the way he is a "TOTAL ROCKET"