You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR

Comments

• Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited February 2014
    After a long long long break from DYMs, I'm going to give this a proper go, I used to win a few days then have a day of run bad and simply give up.

I'm going to tally my wins and losses similarly to how JC has and see what my % is over 150/200 games and then decide whether i should give up, stick to the same level or take a shot at the next level.

First session was running well

9 wins 1 loss.

Got a maths test tomorrow so should probably revise... will have another session tomorrow afternoon. GL all

EDIT: playing a couple £3.30s while revising, gonna be donking to keep me from getting too bored :D
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR:
    After a long long long break from DYMs, I'm going to give this a proper go, I used to win a few days then have a day of run bad and simply give up. I'm going to tally my wins and losses similarly to how JC has and see what my % is over 150/200 games and then decide whether i should give up, stick to the same level or take a shot at the next level. First session was running well 9 wins 1 loss. Got a maths test tomorrow so should probably revise... will have another session tomorrow afternoon. GL all EDIT: playing a couple £3.30s while revising, gonna be donking to keep me from getting too bored :D
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Hi PF, great to see you giving this a proper go and what a cracking first session! Good luck with your maths test.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Hi PF, great to see you giving this a proper go and what a cracking first session! Good luck with your maths test.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Tyty, the test is C1 which I actualy got an A on the first time but there is still a lot of room for extra marks towards my overall grade and it should be easier the 2nd time around, so hopefully I can improve my score.

Was a good 1st session but I'd be happy with anything over 90/150 or 120/200 at the end of it : )

Saturday night i'll probably be playing cash instead as there is always super value to be had! but tomorrow after my test (which is in the morning) i'm planning to play at least 15 more games.

GL all!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Tyty, the test is C1 which I actualy got an A on the first time but there is still a lot of room for extra marks towards my overall grade and it should be easier the 2nd time around, so hopefully I can improve my score. Was a good 1st session but I'd be happy with anything over 90/150 or 120/200 at the end of it : ) Saturday night i'll probably be playing cash instead as there is always super value to be had! but tomorrow after my test (which is in the morning) i'm planning to play at least 15 more games. GL all!!
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Awesome stuff PF and good luck for tonight.

Up then down day for me yesterday. Had a great start and saw my bankroll increase to over £700 for the first time since starting this challenge. But the afternoon and evening sessions were both decent losing ones and my stats for the day ended up:

Played 8 £11s W 5 L 3
    Played 5 £16.50s W 2 L 3
    Played 6 £22s W 3 L 3
    Played 2 £33s W 1 L 1
    Bankroll £622.52

At least I got to briefly sample the £33s again. Back to the £22s to start with tonight.
  • Options
    SheehoniSheehoni Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    Dropped down to the 2.50/3.330 levels after playing the higher levels with mixed results, finding it easier to playe these levels but you do get opponents who bet like lunatics once they get any bit of hte board which can be tricky to play against at times in boards with over cards, flush/straight draws etc , I just lost 2 SNGs in a row where I was massive chip leader, always struggle to bully other opponents when I have the larger stack and I have a mentality of waiting for them to knock each other out while trying to fold into the money, works on occasion but when the blings get big its easy to get blinded down. 
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited February 2014
    always struggle to bully other opponents when I have the larger stack and I have a mentality of waiting for them to knock each other out while trying to fold into the money, works on occasion but when the blings get big its easy to get blinded down. 
    Posted by Sheehoni
    If you're worried about doubling them up by bullying them and getting called, imagine how they feel when they have to decide whether or not to call you for their tournament.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Was originally planning to play a decent session, but I went on mega tilt when I was on the button, blinds were high, both players infront of me were away so I shoved, they BOTH sat back in and called me. FML. FML. FML.

Short session: 1 win, 2 losses :/

Running total: 10 wins of 13 games

Also played a £22 and a £16.50, coolered in both, but i'm only concerned about my £11 progress right now.

Somehow ended the day with a decent profit anyway : )

GL all!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Decent night:

Played 9 £11s W 5 L 4
    Played 5 £16.50s W 5
    Played 8 £22s W 4 L 4
    Bankroll - £675.02
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited February 2014
    Nice cashes JC at the £16.50 level.What if any, are the differences do you think between the £11 and £16.50 /£22 levels ? I've got as high as playing a few £22 dyms in the past, if on a run at the £11 level, but the £16.50 level didn't exist a while ago when i was dabbling at those levels so what if any harder did you find these levels?I play for fun and some profit but i will quite happily jump a level if running good,playing with effectively free money.... win 3 £3.30 goto £5 win, Goto £11 win,used to be go to £22(but now £16.50) etcetera and if you lose your last game you're still in profit from the £3.30 level but have had a great nights entertainment. Cheers for any answers Dave.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nice cashes JC at the £16.50 level.What if any, are the differences do you think between the £11 and £16.50 /£22 levels ? I've got as high as playing a few £22 dyms in the past, if on a run at the £11 level, but the £16.50 level didn't exist a while ago when i was dabbling at those levels so what if any harder did you find these levels?I play for fun and some profit but i will quite happily jump a level if running good,playing with effectively free money.... win 3 £3.30 goto £5 win, Goto £11 win,used to be go to £22(but now £16.50) etcetera and if you lose your last game you're still in profit from the £3.30 level but have had a great nights entertainment. Cheers for any answers Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Hi Dave,

I'm finding at the minute that the £16.50s are far closer in terms of standard to the £11s than they are to the £22s. It's the £22s where I'm noticing a real difference in standard and table selection becomes quite important, in my opinion. I think the £16.50s, for the large part, play just the same as the £11s. Hope that helps, carry on enjoying the poker and run good!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Quick hour yesterday after work was a nice one:

Played 3 £11s W 2 L 1
    Played 1 £16.50 W 1
    Played 1 £22 W 1
    Bankroll - £713.52
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Played a session of 10, won 8 still annoyed though because last game ended with AA losing to KK on the bubble :/

18 wins of 23 so far
  • Options
    CJM90CJM90 Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2014
    Turning a bankroll of £20 into £1000.... your nothing less than a heroe! Although im no where near the player you are john, i might give this a go myself but only trying to reach £200 lol. as a low stakes player myself, what kind of tips have you got for me acheiving this E.g would i be better off say... playing 5 £1.15 DYM's then moving up level by level? or go for it straight away in the £3.30- £5.50 DYM's?
  • Options
    celtic1111celtic1111 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    hi john ,

i enjoyed reading your blog very much and have tried to implement your thinking into my play recently, but im finding the play to be very tight, always getting down to the final 4 and being the shortest stack have you any advice on this?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Wow just isolated my £11 DYMs on sharkscope and although it's a VERY small sample I was very happily surprised!
    Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter
    Poker_Fail         154£1.51  £10  13%£233  LWWWWLWWN/ASkyPoker S10-15 Double or Nothing SNG Only x
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Turning a bankroll of £20 into £1000.... your nothing less than a heroe! Although im no where near the player you are john, i might give this a go myself but only trying to reach £200 lol. as a low stakes player myself, what kind of tips have you got for me acheiving this E.g would i be better off say... playing 5 £1.15 DYM's then moving up level by level? or go for it straight away in the £3.30- £5.50 DYM's?
    Posted by CJM90
    Hi CJM, thank you. Good luck with your challenge if you do decide to go for it. As for how to go about it, I would definitely recomend starting at the £1.15s. £3.30 and £5.50s would be far too expensive for a £20 bankroll as you never know when negative varience will strike. Please feel free to post your progress up on this thread, sir, I would be very interested to read about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Couple of updates from last 2 sessions. First, though, celtic, I will try and reply to your post tomorrow, I started writing one earlier, but have been pretty tired and had a few games popping up, so thought I could do a better job later. And PF, very impressive stats indeed mate, I'm not surprised you're happy with them :-)

Ok, few games from last night:

Played 3 £11s W 2 L 1
    Played 7 £22s W 3 L 4
    Played 3 £33s W 2 L 1
    Bankroll - £729.52

Then tonight:

Played 9 £22s W 7 L 2
    Played 2 £33s W 1 L 1
    Bankroll - £805.52

Running well at the moment and generally happy. Hope it can continue a bit longer...
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited February 2014
    Wow, this is really impressive JC...

I guess I could go back to the start and check but when was it you started this?

It's so impressive to be £800+ from about £30 starting BR in a pretty short space of time.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And PF, very impressive stats indeed mate, I'm not surprised you're happy with them :-) Ok, few games from last night: Played 3 £11s W 2 L 1 Played 7 £22s W 3 L 4 Played 3 £33s W 2 L 1 Bankroll - £729.52 Then tonight: Played 9 £22s W 7 L 2 Played 2 £33s W 1 L 1 Bankroll - £805.52 Running well at the moment and generally happy. Hope it can continue a bit longer...
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Another couple of days running well and you'll have reached your target! What are your plans once you do reach it? will you still update the thread regularly with your sessions?

Another little session winning 5 of 7 : ) have played 17 games today which is the most DYMs i've played for a very long time.

Keep it up almost there JC!!

Running total 23 out of 30.
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited February 2014
    Great results jc long may it continue.You will definitely reach your targets and having read this thread from the start it is quite inspirational what you  have managed to achieve.Kudos to you and any other poker(and real life)challenges/targets you set for yourself.I raise a nice glass of Italian montipuchano red wine to toast your achievement.