You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR

Comments

• Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2014
    gl  jc

"a winner never quits
    and a quitter never wins"

devon
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR:
    Thanks devon! £75 Cash 4 Points paid today, giving me £619.52 going into tonights session. Really hope this is a good one...
    Posted by JohnConnor
    How has yours gone in already? It's not supposed to until the 9th lol

And Nutter is playing as many games as he can from £22+ to see if hitting the 60k for the rake race is possible through DYMs
  • Options
    simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited February 2014
    stacks  

sb 4,175 fold
    bb 3,470 KK
    1,700 fold
    2,655 all-in
  • Options
    simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited February 2014

Should I pass KK here??? £10 dym 200/400 blinds

Frustrating evening of DYM's with nothing going right. Played just as well as yesterday when I won about 7/8 £10 dyms, but today only managed 2/8 wins.

Anyway, just wanted to know people's opinions of the KK hand posted above. I might be being a bit results orientated as I went on to lose this one as the short stacks kept on surviving.

My thinking at the time was that I'm only a 2:1 fav against any ace -  and with a short stack with 4bb on the bubble a pass was in order.

I ran this through Pokerstove and if I assign the villain a range as wide as top 30% of hands I still lose roughly 23% of the time. 

• Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2014
    Should I pass KK here??? £10 dym 200/400 blinds Frustrating evening of DYM's with nothing going right. Played just as well as yesterday when I won about 7/8 £10 dyms, but today only managed 2/8 wins. Anyway, just wanted to know people's opinions of the KK hand posted above. I might be being a bit results orientated as I went on to lose this one as the short stacks kept on surviving. My thinking at the time was that I'm only a 2:1 fav against any ace -  and with a short stack with 4bb on the bubble a pass was in order. I ran this through Pokerstove and if I assign the villain a range as wide as top 30% of hands I still lose roughly 23% of the time. 
    Posted by simonnatur
    Hi simonnatur,

I know how frustrating those kinds of sessions can be, trust me. Especially on the back of a high. Just keep your chin up, keep doing the right things and you know the results will follow.

About the hand you posted, I'm guessing you're the BB but either way I can't pass that, I'm afraid. I know there's a shorter stack, who's about to be in the BB as well, but with 1700 chips he's still very much alive at this point. KK is just too big to lay down to a button shove for me here, when I have the guy covered (albeit not by that much). 

Please feel free to give us updates of your progress or post hands for advice in here, I for one would be interested in your input, and there are some other like minded people here too who I'm sure would as well. Anyway, best of luck at the tables!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Small but pleasing session from yesterday. I ran well and the £22s were good for a change. Would have liked to have played more but was pretty tired after a long day:

Played 5 £11s W 3 L 2
    Played 1 £16.50 W 1
    Played 4 £22s W 3 L 1
    Bankroll - £563.52
  • Options
    ian1976ian1976 Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    Should I pass KK here??? £10 dym 200/400 blinds Frustrating evening of DYM's with nothing going right. Played just as well as yesterday when I won about 7/8 £10 dyms, but today only managed 2/8 wins. Anyway, just wanted to know people's opinions of the KK hand posted above. I might be being a bit results orientated as I went on to lose this one as the short stacks kept on surviving. My thinking at the time was that I'm only a 2:1 fav against any ace -  and with a short stack with 4bb on the bubble a pass was in order. I ran this through Pokerstove and if I assign the villain a range as wide as top 30% of hands I still lose roughly 23% of the time. 
    Posted by simonnatur

Hello Simonnatur,

I would have to agree with Johnconnor, I'm not folding KK in that spot.  You can't be scared to go all in with your KK's.  You have to tell yourself, if they have AA, then fair enough, not much you can do about it..If they have any Ace, then they have 3 outs, thats it.  If the Ace does come down on the board then atleast you can say you went in ahead, very ahead at that!  Interesting you say on pokerstove gave you the result of losing 23% of the time, so of course you will be winning 77% of the times ;)  No brainer!

Hope this helps & good luck!

Ian
  • Options
    ian1976ian1976 Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    Posted by simonnatur
    Simonnatur, one other thing to add, if the 2,655 goes all-in, then to me he can't have AA as surely he would want a caller!  So either a total bluff trying to bully or a mid to low pocket pair, so either way your ahead!

Cheers,

Ian
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just a (not so) quick update on my day so far. Have only played 6 games but have gone from being incredibly tilted (wanting to kick things) to feeling very lucky and content. Why? The wonderful thing I like to call my internet connection.

Just sat casually playing 6 tables when it decided it didn't want to play any more. Fortunately it didn't go completely down for more than a couple of minutes at a time but it did do it repeatedly. Also fortunately I had ran well and doubled up in a couple of my games. The point when I really started to tilt was when it went down for 2-3 minutes (a lot of time for 4 players to take it in turns stealing your chips) right at the end of an £11, a £16.50 and a £22. (In hindsight, the £16.50 was probably already in the bag anyway as I had 5k+ and there were 2 under 1000, but still.) This time the lights on my router were giving me the most ominous signal they can and I thought these games were done for. Another £60 or £90 gone I kept thinking as I stared at the stupid thing. Then, from nowhere, it came back on. Thanks for trying but too late, i thought. Anyway I checked the lobby and I had cashed in the £16.50, some relief. Surprisingly, though, I had cashed in the £22. I couldn't believe this as 3 of us had 2k stacks with blinds at 150/300 when the connection went for so long. I didn't expect to ever get away with this vs 3 good players in a £22 but, unfortunately for them, they must have been oblivious to my situation. Anyway, the -£11 in the lobby was small price to pay for the +£13.50 and the + £18. But then, the £11 popped up and I was on the bubble, short on chips. Binked a 4 with A4 vs A10 and I've cashed in that too!

Feel like I got really, really fortunate here so am thankful for that. Even though the router is lit up as it should be right now (as it does whenever it comes back up, even if for a few moments, as just now), I won't be taking any chances this afternoon. It's a horrible, powerless, feeling when your connection drops and you know everyone is helping their self to your money (rightly so).

This really looks like it could be a blessing in disguise then. I'm off now to have an hour reading Sklansky's Theory of Poker which will be really enjoyable and I might even manage to get an hour nap in before tonight's session with 865 on, happy days!

Bankroll - £591.02
  • Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2014
    just a quickie,

played 12   lost 3

won £22.50

not really in the mood for poker
    at the moment,
    don,t know why,i should be,
    i,m winning!

b/roll £376.67

devon
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ran absolutely shocking tonight, so much so that's there no way I can be disappointed, other than with the result. I played well and the tables were as soft as can be, I just hope they're the same all weekend. If I had run anywhere close to neutral EV tonight I would have been well up and most probably 'rolled for £33s. So obviously disappointed with my balance but as I said I can't complain. Stats for the day:

Played 20 £11s W 10 L 10
    Played 3 £16.50s W 1 L 2
    PLayed 4 £22s W 2 L 2
    Bankroll - £527.02
  • Options
    jjjachjjjach Member Posts: 3,393
    edited February 2014
    Hi johnconnor i started to play  dyms on a regular basis 3 months ago.I read your blog and have tried to follow it as much as i can.I only play £1 dyms but have done ok and have really enjoyed it.My aim was to earn enough stt points to get into leauge stars with the roller as the carrot,as i play deepstacks alot.Managed to qualify now for the 3 leauge stars.What i lack in skill i hope i have in disipline which keeps me going.Basically i would like to say thanks again for your blog.Gl with your dyms and of course all the other guys.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Recently I've been trying to find the love for DYMs again, but I just can't find it.

To be honest I'm starting to think that I only used to grind them because I thought i couldn't make a steady profit in cash or tourneys.

I'm gonna keep playing the occasional few though and maybe sometime soon i'll be playing 20+ a day again : )

GL with your progress everyone!

PS How did you get your C4P bonus a couple days ago when it shouldn't until the 9th!?
  • Options
    salad24salad24 Member Posts: 275
    edited February 2014
    Recently I've been trying to find the love for DYMs again, but I just can't find it. To be honest I'm starting to think that I only used to grind them because I thought i couldn't make a steady profit in cash or tourneys. I'm gonna keep playing the occasional few though and maybe sometime soon i'll be playing 20+ a day again : ) GL with your progress everyone! PS How did you get your C4P bonus a couple days ago when it shouldn't until the 9th!?
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Priority :(
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Priority :(
    Posted by salad24
    But I thought he hasn't been in prio for a few months??
  • Options
    salad24salad24 Member Posts: 275
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : But I thought he hasn't been in prio for a few months??
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    You're right, it can't be prio as it was only 4000 points worth, so who knows! 
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi johnconnor i started to play  dyms on a regular basis 3 months ago.I read your blog and have tried to follow it as much as i can.I only play £1 dyms but have done ok and have really enjoyed it.My aim was to earn enough stt points to get into leauge stars with the roller as the carrot,as i play deepstacks alot.Managed to qualify now for the 3 leauge stars.What i lack in skill i hope i have in disipline which keeps me going.Basically i would like to say thanks again for your blog.Gl with your dyms and of course all the other guys.
    Posted by jjjach
    Hi jjjach, your very welcome sir, thank you for your post. Yeah, I agree that the league stars is a great little bonus as it's a good chance to bink a seat into a major tournament and then have one good game in that and you're looking at a serious cash, all for nothing. Sore subject for me, though, as I have never qualified for a seat that way lol. I have come ~15th when 10th was needed a few times though :-) Good luck with those anyway mate, I'm sure those tournaments will suit your game with the decent structures and everything.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Recently I've been trying to find the love for DYMs again, but I just can't find it. To be honest I'm starting to think that I only used to grind them because I thought i couldn't make a steady profit in cash or tourneys. I'm gonna keep playing the occasional few though and maybe sometime soon i'll be playing 20+ a day again : ) GL with your progress everyone! PS How did you get your C4P bonus a couple days ago when it shouldn't until the 9th!?
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Thanks PF, good luck to you oo sir. With regards to priority club it's reviewed on a case-by-case basis as soon as you don't meet 10k. I was very pleasantly surprised with how long I was kept in for. I should just clarify, though, that I haven't had the 25% boost for a few months, I've just been paid on the 1st. Also, as of this month, I am completely out of it, so need to earn 10k points to get back in. Going to give it an outside shot this month but just depends how I run really, having a few swings at the moment :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Short but very very frustrating session again. Can't win a flip that counts or even a 70/30. What's also frustrating me at the moment is that I'm too tired at this time of night lately to put in any amount amount of volume to overcome the varience. On a positive note, I feel sure now that it's only a matter of time before my run good in the £22s kicks in and I can kick on to complete this challenge. The games are too good for that not to happen, I think.

Played 7 £11s W 4 L 3
    Played 3 £16.50s W 1 L 2
    Played 3 £22s W 1 L 2
    Bankroll - £495.52
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Thanks PF, good luck to you oo sir. With regards to priority club it's reviewed on a case-by-case basis as soon as you don't meet 10k. I was very pleasantly surprised with how long I was kept in for. I should just clarify, though, that I haven't had the 25% boost for a few months, I've just been paid on the 1st. Also, as of this month, I am completely out of it, so need to earn 10k points to get back in. Going to give it an outside shot this month but just depends how I run really, having a few swings at the moment :-)
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Good to here they weren't ruthless with you, at least priority doesn't look too far from your grasp again : )