You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bubble of the 10k bounty hunter. Too nitty??

124»

Comments

• Options
    j3onoj3ono Member Posts: 2,072
    edited March 2014
    Great post this and lots of great comments ;') 
    Have scanned through them all but there dosen't seem to be any mention of the head prize on this player and the implied odds, surely on the bubble his head must be worth the buy in, if he's been loose aggro. I personally would hope to have a pic of this player from previous hands and if he's done this before him probably put him as a break even player who likes to push hard on scary flops where he can rep the nut draw, WHOOPS you have that ;')
    Call everyday of the week, gunna think I have 15 outs and loving the fact I might make chip leader.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble of the 10k bounty hunter. Too nitty??:
    Great post this and lots of great comments ;')  Have scanned through them all but there dosen't seem to be any mention of the head prize on this player and the implied odds, surely on the bubble his head must be worth the buy in, if he's been loose aggro. I personally would hope to have a pic of this player from previous hands and if he's done this before him probably put him as a break even player who likes to push hard on scary flops where he can rep the nut draw, WHOOPS you have that ;') Call everyday of the week, gunna think I have 15 outs and loving the fact I might make chip leader.
    Posted by j3ono
    Hand history (post no 1) shows that he has OP covered, ain't no way we are taking his bounty this hand!
  • Options
    ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    edited March 2014
    big discussion here. Read through all of the points and think its a tough decision either way (maths or no maths) like some have said, that 30 second time clock means the decision is even harder. I didn't mention the bubble to bring prize money into the equation, I mentioned it to give a view on how people play around the bubble. I'm pretty sure whatever the villain had he wouldn't shove like this in any other situation than a bubble.

Given the analysis and the fact some great players have differing opinions just goes to show how torturous and fun poker can be haha.

In hindsight I wish I had called.

Thanks for all the responses
  • Options
    Batkin88Batkin88 Member Posts: 1,682
    edited March 2014
    One of think hands, if you are folding here then fold it pre, if not get it in. He likely has a poorly played overpair like tens or jacks.

I'm getting it in here and happy to bubble if I miss
  • Options
    Leeroy546Leeroy546 Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2014
    The way he's played it I can see a hand like A9 which fits in with his pre-flop call. On the other hand we could see some like 89, T9 and probably we could conceivably be behind but not by much. He could even have a flush draw which puts us in great shape. Sometimes, as Melt says, you have to be prepared to take a chance for the big prize and IMO it's worth going out once or twice if it allows you to go deep 40% of the time. The cash is on the final table!
  • Options
    ZIPPY146ZIPPY146 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    hi shauny,
    My thinking is he has gone all in to protect his made hand, pair,2 pair maybe straight but unlikely.so with 2pair or straight you have got 40% and with pair or outright bluff u got15 0uts x2..60%so average is 50%.this is how you win tournies ...get your chips in the middle and put away them knitting needles!
    gl mate.