You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Leaving Poker

124»

Comments

• Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited January 2010
    Gl spike,

I might be following, can't do with all the 80/20 70/30 situations i lose all the time. i actually think the last 10 times ive had a higher pocket pair against another PP i've lost, anyway im drifting.

I know i'll probably stay and so should you buddy. i'm 18, got my life to live have fun, exams and whatever. family, mates, teachers, tell me i should stop. i say FU!.. Not literally though... I play poker for the enjoyment, thrill and sheer excitment, it does turn out that i am the unluckiest fool alive, but yet i still play. i still go out and have fun, and yet i don;t have much money due to know job, and crapy parent who's never in, but it's still worth every penny the thrill you get from playing, and if you do win it's always a bonus :D

Some say you should listen to wiser people, but i choose to listen to myself and if im enjoying it, than why stop. Just don't got crazy with money.

Anyway autobiography over, hope you make the right decision for yourself mate.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    quite a few students seem to be about sky poker... come on!!! I would just say though make sure it really is money you are willing to lose. So much a week etc... then there really is no problem playing poker.
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited January 2010
    As a whole, according to sharkscope, i am in profit. Plus i only waste the money i do get on food and drink.
    but yeh quite suprised at the amount of students i see about, although i don't see many that are still doing a-levels,  most are uni students.
  • Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited January 2010

Good luck at the tables spike, you have overcome one of the biggest problems most players don't conquer and that is to have the underatsnding of your frinds and family when playing the game.

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Leaving Poker:
    As a whole, according to sharkscope, i am in profit. Plus i only waste the money i do get on food and drink. but yeh quite suprised at the amount of students i see about, although i don't see many that are still doing a-levels,  most are uni students.
    Posted by HartshorN
    yea i started playing on here just before my A level exams and now am at uni but it is mostly older students.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    Ah ok, sorry Tikay just thought it was about my jezza kyle post cos I couldn't remember anything else bad on this thread.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Leaving Poker:
    Oh and as a Team Tikay member its saddens me to say I wont be in this weeks TKO event as unfortunately I have a bowls match I cant get out of lol. Spike2120
    Posted by Spike2120
    Bowls eh? So you're 65 years old and still live with your mum? ;-)

• Options
    steveburkesteveburke Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2010
    ok spike drop me a pm sometime.