You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Jackpot Syndicate - NAPs tables for October

Comments

• Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    ok guys can some one confirm ive done it right and selection has been updated to google sheet ty
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    HANSON said:

ok guys can some one confirm ive done it right and selection has been updated to google sheet ty

Yes mate...you have done very good ;)
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    HANSON said:

GREAT, pleased you got into NAPS sheet.

It's very simple to use :)

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Hi all, I have amended the sheet so that it will contain MONTHLY LEADER BOARD standings from NOVEMBER onwards, so the order is now based on MONTHLY LEADER BOARD position not alphabetical. Please note for OCTOBER just 28th onwards is counted for testing purposes. Cheers, G.

P.S. Yep your update was fine HANSON, well persevered. :=)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Hi all, I have done some further "playing" with the sheet, so that it will "semi-automatically" keep Monthly and Yearly tables. It is still a work in progress. However for clarity, I have colour coded it. The Lime Green CELLS are the ONLY CELLS NAPSTER'S should update (Currently Column C) the WHITE CELLS are ONLY to be UPDATED by the scoring administrators (Currently myself and MAX), The Orange/Brown cells should not be updated. Cheers, G

P.S. For the NAP's it may be best to type in rather than copy/paste, so that the correct colouring remains, but no big deal if you make a mistake. You can do a copy/paste special/formats from one of the other Lime Green cells to get the correct colour back.
  • Options
    Please see today's (29/10/17) NAP results below: (Unfortunately all those that haven't posted selections over the last two days are tied at the top of the "test" table. Can I please encourage people to participate in the new process so that it is not unfamiliar to you when we GO-LIVE.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vS0kx6Y2YySt0R3vBYCg88NcHCMuMTaWrasabeFPbxxf0g2FhgdKv_C1m6a72eZRXqJWe8x4B02fA--/pubhtml

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    The google sheet has now been reset for tomorrow's (30/10/17) NAP's. Cheers, G
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Obviously we have been getting dwindling numbers of NAPSTERS. Are people getting enjoyment from the daily NAP's, or is it becoming a pain to do? Should we just do it on GO-LIVE days from November Onwards and just keep "LIVE" tables? I will be working on the LIVE NAPS TEMPLATE (To be set up for three selections) so want to know whether we should continue with NAP's on non GO-LIVE days. It's really for your enjoyment more than anything, so up to the team. Let me know your thoughts. Cheers, G
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    StayOrGo said:

Obviously we have been getting dwindling numbers of NAPSTERS. Are people getting enjoyment from the daily NAP's, or is it becoming a pain to do? Should we just do it on GO-LIVE days from November Onwards and just keep "LIVE" tables? I will be working on the LIVE NAPS TEMPLATE (To be set up for three selections) so want to know whether we should continue with NAP's on non GO-LIVE days. It's really for your enjoyment more than anything, so up to the team. Let me know your thoughts. Cheers, G

I think its to do with the new forum, maybe let it run for a few days and if it doesnt pick up hit it on the head.
  • Options
    SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    Hopefully your right, I for one enjoy doing the Daily naps and would find it a shame if we had to drop it. The knock on effect In my opinion would be the naps on GO-LIVE days would also be reduced if we dropped it, so hopefully we can all make more of an effort going forward.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Some tough cards for them to choose from tomorrow, so it's a NO-GO again.
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    I would prefer to continue with NAPS, think it will help to keep syndicate together, probably new forum not helped also has been half term in some areas.
  • Options
    OK, we will keep daily NAPS. I will try and devise a way to semi-automate separate OVERALL and GO-LIVE ONLY MONTHLY/YEARLY tables within GOOGLE SHEETS. I just didn't want to start on that project if there was little demand for the daily process.

Can I appeal to more NAPSTER'S to get involved and buy in to the new processes. A little effort now will make things better/simpler going forward.

Cheers, G
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    OK, I've been putting some thought into how we can keep separate league tables for ALL NAPS and LIVE ONLY NAP's. Here is a sneak preview of the GO-LIVE NAPS sheet, which also contains the up-to-date GO-LIVE YEARLY LEADERBOARD. The processes I have in mind for maintaining the LEADER BOARDS are semi automated, Take a look via the link below to get an idea:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTLMfaul4rtuFVWT1myL34IfzfXe_YAkrEap5mFelF-Lx_QxCORRHH3y7TOxRNzSTmqHM6uAC952zWP/pubhtml

This is what I have in mind, so please come forward if you want to/can help.

1) We will keep BOTH MONTHLY and YEARLY NAP tables for BOTH GO-LIVE ONLY and ALL NAPS but not do the weekly ones anymore.

2) The semi-automatic leader board creation will no longer record number of selections or placed horses. I will use my discretion (educated guess) as to whether a NAPSTER has more than 50% participation.

3) I would like two or three volunteers to be administrators for the sheets if I am away/unavailable. I will explain the processes once I have trialled them. But it will be things like recording the profit and loss, taking backups and producing the web version for the day's standings, resetting the sheet for the following day, etc.

4) I would also like at least one "RESERVE" for when MAXALLY is unavailable to do his bit. (recording results)

5) Vaigret, I would still like you to check the tables, as there are still some human processes, so errors may occur. Is this OK?

6) I am working on a similar LEADER BOARD process for the REMOVERS, but will deal with the NAPS LEADER BOARDS first.

7) I hope to be able to automate some of the MERGED LIST that SNUFFER currently does, but as we progress along that path, some manual input may be required. It will be a lot easier than before. Is that OK SNUFFER?

Any questions/concerns/comments, please let me know.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    A sneak preview of a "sample" removers sheet, for those that haven't seen it is below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vR2n9uFYKbd4IrSJJHgUV0Xx2No-TFd9XrPzel1NH8zfa0cO-lrqtREgNkpotTRCdvpYxw69Kqf9GYH/pubhtml

It is just a case of copy/pasting your selections from the shortlist into the correct rows/columns. There is one issue that may arise with the merged list, and that is if someone selects a NAP that isn't in the removers list (It has very rarely happened before, but I am sure we can work around it if it occurs)

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    OK, I have just spotted a flaw with the above web sheet, it cuts it off half way through LEG4. The actual sheet itself is OK, it's just the web version.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    OK, it's REDCAR tomorrow, which is a tough-ish card and the roll over is small, so a NO-GO. Link here to the NAPs sheet: (Update the Lime Green/Yellow column for your USERID)

You can also use this link to check your selection is recorded once you have amended the sheet. Please remember there is only one sheet and we ALL have update access to it, so be a bit careful, but not afraid of it. Give it a go! :=)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4fW3INzu1z_Sb9zlPKZBG0B1uuui935_8hQYp-3NWc/edit#gid=0

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    StayOrGo said:

OK, I've been putting some thought into how we can keep separate league tables for ALL NAPS and LIVE ONLY NAP's. Here is a sneak preview of the GO-LIVE NAPS sheet, which also contains the up-to-date GO-LIVE YEARLY LEADERBOARD. The processes I have in mind for maintaining the LEADER BOARDS are semi automated, Take a look via the link below to get an idea:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTLMfaul4rtuFVWT1myL34IfzfXe_YAkrEap5mFelF-Lx_QxCORRHH3y7TOxRNzSTmqHM6uAC952zWP/pubhtml

This is what I have in mind, so please come forward if you want to/can help.

1) We will keep BOTH MONTHLY and YEARLY NAP tables for BOTH GO-LIVE ONLY and ALL NAPS but not do the weekly ones anymore.

2) The semi-automatic leader board creation will no longer record number of selections or placed horses. I will use my discretion (educated guess) as to whether a NAPSTER has more than 50% participation.

3) I would like two or three volunteers to be administrators for the sheets if I am away/unavailable. I will explain the processes once I have trialled them. But it will be things like recording the profit and loss, taking backups and producing the web version for the day's standings, resetting the sheet for the following day, etc.

4) I would also like at least one "RESERVE" for when MAXALLY is unavailable to do his bit. (recording results)

5) Vaigret, I would still like you to check the tables, as there are still some human processes, so errors may occur. Is this OK?

6) I am working on a similar LEADER BOARD process for the REMOVERS, but will deal with the NAPS LEADER BOARDS first.

7) I hope to be able to automate some of the MERGED LIST that SNUFFER currently does, but as we progress along that path, some manual input may be required. It will be a lot easier than before. Is that OK SNUFFER?

Any questions/concerns/comments, please let me know.

Cheers,

G

Happy to continue with the merged list especially doing it on the Google sheet makes it so less time consuming.
    Just a thought, on the removers spreadsheet you may want to put the list of horses from column B on the far right as well to make it easier to determine the removals/naps totals rather than having to scroll back and forth.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited October 2017
    12.00: WRENTHORPE (also put on Google sheets...... I hope)

can you check for me please Graham. I want to continue with the Daily Naps, particularly now the Jumps season is here, and hope this new process does work for you.