You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

AL's BAR

Comments

• scorpio13scorpio13 Member Posts: 691
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR:
    Al, just returned from Nottingham and decided to come in for a pint.  Got hit in the eye as I stepped over Fr Daz by a flying ping pong ball.  Asked for a pint and was given a Pint of Champagne??  I was charged a exhorbitant amount, which of course I refused to pay as my 1st pint when I come in is always free.  The manageress then had me taken down to the cellar where I was put in ankle bracelets and hung upside down until all the money fell out of my pockets(thankfully this wasn't much as I spent most of what I had in Nottingham).  Can we please get things back to normal for us regulars, cheers. P.S. Do you realise how hard it is to type hanging upside down?
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Think yourself lucky 67. At least you were offered a drink...i'm still 'hanging' waiting for my drop, courtesy of your 25p behind the bar :(

P.S. Good effort with the upside down typing
  • 67Bhoys67Bhoys Member Posts: 2,553
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR : Think yourself lucky 67. At least you were offered a drink...i'm still 'hanging' waiting for my drop, courtesy of your 25p behind the bar :( P.S. Good effort with the upside down typing
    Posted by scorpio13
    Logdon, could you please check if there is enough money from whatever fell out of my pockets and get Airhostess Scorpio a drink, I think she deserves one for getting into the spirit by lowering her top and bending over provocatively.

P.P.S. Any chance you could release me from the ankle bracelets?
  • logdonlogdon Member Posts: 1,777
    edited February 2014
                                                          Temp Management Over  Hip Hip  Hooray

What a tight fist-ed lot you have here Al  "like stone get blood out".    All Free Rollers to the last one. Hold a pistol to their heads they want to play Russian. Thumb screws they cry for more. They even want their Gold fillings from their teeth back  the bouncers knock out while chucking them out. How is a Honest Landlady to make a profit with B utt clenching alcoholic Lee Marvin type clientele -- I'll drink to that  if someone else is paying customers.  They only want a drink if there's money behind the bar to pay for it. No wonder all these Pubs are closing down.  I even caught the G&T brigade bringing in their own booze in Evian bottles, I Mean barrel scraping. Talking of which was a great success, I had so many men over a barrel this weekend the till is bulging, I think leaving the cork out was the winner.  Well you will be pleased to know  Al is back and will take full control of the Bar from today onwards, in turn  (he) will be pleased to know that against all the odds for the first time in ages the Bar has made a profit.   The upside down treatment in the Basement resulted in all members paying the full amount for their drinks and the extra coppers have gone in fund box for the staff Christmas Party.  The upstairs Staff pulled out all the stops to produce a quicker turn around and double profits, but some monies will be needed for the Law Suites pending from the widows of the three heart attack victims from the excitement upstairs.   Champagne profits are up and the introduction of a stairway Queueing charge will more than pay for the new carpet needed.   Down is Gin & Tonic ( wonder Why )  overall profit up. Mission Impossible achieved.   No need to thank me Al its been a Pleasure inflicting pain on your stingy bottom popping Customers.  Hugs Annie x
    edited February 2014
    Al, do you know by any chance where Logdon has left the keys for the ankle bracelets?

Oh and tell Bludreid it's safe to leave the toilets.

Cheers mate.
  • HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited February 2014
    Phew!! what alot has been goin on, hardly understood any of it!!

k just popped in for a swifty before DTD, drink of moment6 seems to be A JaegerBomb please, i'll just drink it quitley over here in the Corne, because am shy!!

OK GL all in DTD!!

ps. Can mi mate Colin golden238 come back in for a drink, after he mixed up the bar with Machka's 'Geek IT Emporium", am sure he'll enjoy it in here!
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited February 2014
                                                          Temp Management Over  Hip Hip  Hooray   What a tight fist-ed lot you have here Al  "like stone get blood out".    All Free Rollers to the last one. Hold a pistol to their heads they want to play Russian. Thumb screws they cry for more. They even want their Gold fillings from their teeth back  the bouncers knock out while chucking them out. How is a Honest Landlady to make a profit with B utt clenching alcoholic Lee Marvin type clientele -- I'll drink to that  if someone else is paying customers.  They only want a drink if there's money behind the bar to pay for it. No wonder all these Pubs are closing down.  I even caught the G&T brigade bringing in their own booze in Evian bottles, I Mean barrel scraping. Talking of which was a great success, I had so many men over a barrel this weekend the till is bulging, I think leaving the cork out was the winner.  Well you will be pleased to know  Al is back and will take full control of the Bar from today onwards, in turn  (he) will be pleased to know that against all the odds for the first time in ages the Bar has made a profit.   The upside down treatment in the Basement resulted in all members paying the full amount for their drinks and the extra coppers have gone in fund box for the staff Christmas Party.  The upstairs Staff pulled out all the stops to produce a quicker turn around and double profits, but some monies will be needed for the Law Suites pending from the widows of the three heart attack victims from the excitement upstairs.   Champagne profits are up and the introduction of a stairway Queueing charge will more than pay for the new carpet needed.   Down is Gin & Tonic ( wonder Why )  overall profit up. Mission Impossible achieved.   No need to thank me Al its been a Pleasure inflicting pain on your stingy bottom popping Customers.  Hugs Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    Thank you Annie for a) looking after the place while I was away on business b) increasing the turnover upstairs threefold and c) making sure I actually came back to a Bar that was not closed down!

In recognition of your fine work, I would like to offer you the full time position of 'female overseer' upstairs. The girls have all said nice things about you so I hope you will accept...Madame

Thanks to all the other crew who helped out....there is a small package for each of you locked in the safe. Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies :)

My only bit of run good all week end was when I went the Bar at DTD @ 9.26pm sat night. A bloke behind the Bar asked what I would like to drink after he had noticed I had been waiting a while with my tongue hanging as I was parched. After getting my chosen John Smiths, he then said it was 'on the house'. I imagined he must of been to this Bar and knew me so thanked him. On taking a second look though, it was obvious he was actually the joint owner of the whole place...Mr Rob Young. How come he has an Aston Martin outside and I have a Peugeot???

ANYWAY....I am BACK!....Bar open as normal.
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR : Thank you Annie for a) looking after the place while I was away on business b) increasing the turnover upstairs threefold and c) making sure I actually came back to a Bar that was not closed down! In recognition of your fine work, I would like to offer you the full time position of 'female overseer' upstairs. The girls have all said nice things about you so I hope you will accept... Madame Thanks to all the other crew who helped out....there is a small package for each of you locked in the safe. Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies :) My only bit of run good all week end was when I went the Bar at DTD @ 9.26pm sat night. A bloke behind the Bar asked what I would like to drink after he had noticed I had been waiting a while with my tongue hanging as I was parched. After getting my chosen John Smiths, he then said it was 'on the house'. I imagined he must of been to this Bar and knew me so thanked him. On taking a second look though, it was obvious he was actually the joint owner of the whole place...Mr Rob Young. How come he has an Aston Martin outside and I have a Peugeot??? ANYWAY....I am BACK!....Bar open as normal.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    YeeHaa  "MADAME" at last    Hercules three trips round the site to celebrate promotion. The Prospector told me,  be a Gold digger and keep the Gold fillings.  The extra profit has payed off. Yippee  Woody will be proud of me.?  And all achieved when the site was so slow it was like walking on the MOON.
  • Quietly1Quietly1 Member Posts: 213
    edited February 2014
    Is the weekend over? i've just awoken laying on a plank between 2 crates with a demijon optic of Gin sitting empty above my head . . .

the last thing i remember is charging some men from the Blue Oyster Bar to take their turns with 67bhoys after he'd been mickey finned (who?) .. . . .

Hair of the Dog (what does that mean btw?) Large GnT please!

• DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited February 2014
    im soooooooooo glad your back Al the place aint been the same without you, i need a bottle whisky neat no ice actualy make it a case after the day ive had im gonna get F.E.C.K.E.D Tonight, Ive hated my poker day but ended up all right at the end, but i do still really need that drink and GIRLS half naked as logdon said it was ok for pole dancers while you were away so think it would be good to keep them. Ive kept all the riff raff out for you exept myself and made sure there were no left overs left in the glasses, although they might need a rinsing out! i asked logdon to wash up but she went on about burning bra's or something so i was happy but she never did burn it.

Anyways fill her up please D.R.I.N.K   G.I.R.L.S   F.E.C.K
    edited February 2014
    OK, One before I head off home after work, Guinness please....

Good to see everything back to 'normal' [lol] in here again!!
    edited February 2014
    now then my fellow brothers and sisters i know we all like a drink and have miss behaived while Al was away, and have commited some terrible sins and not one of you has been to my Church to repent in a while, If you dont i can not prey for you all to have good luck at the tables unless you make the effort. As you know just letting off and confessing now and again will the poker gods forgive you. Oh shalt thy lord be merciful and not lead us astray to the boozer less us all become alcoholics more so than pokerholics. SO GET YOUR F.E.K.I.N A.R.S..E to church Alllllllinnnnnn 0:)

heres the link so no excuse

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a9dff2ea2-e9d0-4a0f-a7e6-fa8aaa14ae82
    edited February 2014
    Dazler!! I have been to your Church & Repented!!!

There, I Had Inspiration!!

I Did see thus a Burning Bush, full of burning playing cards!! A Voice did say.....

"Do Something Good Hitman & Inspire Others!!"

....It did Cometh to me....

Friday 30th Sept, is Macmillan Cancer Support BIG COFFEE MORNING!!

Now with Alan Maxally's & The Regulars permission, I would like to organise ONE in Al's Bar & Make it even more world Famous, please confirm it is ok!!

As we are a Cyber Bar, & no-one is Cyber-driving, we could have Brandy & Whisky in our coffee & even maybe hold the Coffee!!!!

I have applied for a Coffee Morning starter Pack, and would like your permission to organise.

Each attendee can nominate a loved One or friend, they will be remembering, as I have unfortuntely several to dedicate to, I will just organise in the name of someone you all know, HitPup, Bless him!

I Hope this can be a fun Morning.

With Pack, we have oppurtunity to link to a just giving site for Macmillan, and with the Generous & fun-lvin community, even 50p or £1 each, it would be great to get Al's Bar & Sky Poker, taking part in this world wide event!!

I hope Sky Poker will not mind, & if i have to confirm details i will, any fundraising can be linked to a facebook event page if need be!!  I Hope we can do something!! If anything, we can just have a post up & say Hi !!

Any Regulars interested??

• bludreid11bludreid11 Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2014

WHAT A GREAT IDEA, PERHAPS IF EVERONE THAT WISHES TO  DONATES EVEN A £1  SKY COULD DEDUCT IT FROM THEIR BANKROLL, AND THEN LIKE A RAFFLE, PUT UP A FREE TAKE ON TIKAY SEAT TO THE WINNER.
    THAT WAY EVERYONE CAN JOIN IN.
    edited February 2014
     WHAT A GREAT IDEA, PERHAPS IF EVERONE THAT WISHES TO  DONATES EVEN A £1  SKY COULD DEDUCT IT FROM THEIR BANKROLL, AND THEN LIKE A RAFFLE, PUT UP A FREE TAKE ON TIKAY SEAT TO THE WINNER. THAT WAY EVERYONE CAN JOIN IN.
    Posted by bludreid11
    From past experiance, think Sky would prefer that fund-raising to be kept 'off-site', is very easily done thro a 'just giving' Macmillan site, which is confidential[optional], so should be good publicity all around!!

I saw it as a fun morning posting in Al's Bar For Regulars, Forumites, and other Sky players, as another good ice breaker, am sure Al' Bar would welcome the business & publicity too!! To Me it's Win, win, win!!

Thanks for response Bludreid11

I reckon Al's Bar, might be the Only Cyber Bar to take part LOLOL!!  Alan thoughts please?
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited February 2014

Go for it Dave!

I will leave it in your capable hands and will assist you in anyway, if needed.

PS...I have just put the Stoke game on in the Lounge, so do not disturb :)
    edited February 2014

Vacancy for the post of upstairs Madame -------------------  Play it again Sam just one more time. ? A kiss is just a ki

edited February 2014
    Dazler!! I have been to your Church & Repented!!! There, I Had Inspiration!! I Did see thus a Burning Bush, full of burning playing cards!! A Voice did say..... "Do Something Good Hitman & Inspire Others!!" ....It did Cometh to me.... Friday 30th Sept, is Macmillan Cancer Support BIG COFFEE MORNING!! Now with Alan Maxally's & The Regulars permission, I would like to organise ONE in Al's Bar & Make it even more world Famous, please confirm it is ok!! As we are a Cyber Bar, & no-one is Cyber-driving, we could have Brandy & Whisky in our coffee & even maybe hold the Coffee!!!! I have applied for a Coffee Morning starter Pack, and would like your permission to organise. Each attendee can nominate a loved One or friend, they will be remembering, as I have unfortuntely several to dedicate to, I will just organise in the name of someone you all know, HitPup, Bless him! I Hope this can be a fun Morning. With Pack, we have oppurtunity to link to a just giving site for Macmillan, and with the Generous & fun-lvin community, even 50p or £1 each, it would be great to get Al's Bar & Sky Poker, taking part in this world wide event!! I hope Sky Poker will not mind, & if i have to confirm details i will, any fundraising can be linked to a facebook event page if need be!!  I Hope we can do something!! If anything, we can just have a post up & say Hi !! Any Regulars interested??
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

VERY GOOD GESTURE HITMAN im terrible when it comes to giving to charitys and should do it more unfortunatly im always skint but id be up for supporting this :)
    edited February 2014
    Thank You Alan, & regulars, The wheels shall be put in motion, let's see how we roll!!

O, and as i'm here, Coffee [lol] please, go on, stick a Brandy in it!

Rite,papers !! Trader loses 1.3 Billion FFS!! GET HIM ON SKY POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited February 2014
    Thank You Alan, & regulars, The wheels shall be put in motion, let's see how we roll!! O, and as i'm here, Coffee [lol] please, go on, stick a Brandy in it! Rite,papers !! Trader loses 1.3 Billion FFS!! GET HIM ON SKY POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    I'm up for this mate, but bin the coffee and just give me the straight shot.
  • Quietly1Quietly1 Member Posts: 213
    edited February 2014
    As an Air Hostess ive just come back from a long haul 72off flight and require imediate Liquid Sustanance - Any volunteers are welcome for a shift in the Air Hostess Flight Plan. . . (I Expect Some of the Regulars to Take a Flight)  Right - Very Large GnT please Sir - Pint of will do :))