You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR

Comments

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited February 2014
    Hey Devon you post some great stuff but it would really help if you used paragraphs as it's very hard to read what you've put.

Thanks, Carl. 
  • Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2014
    thanks Carl.i have tried but i cant seem to be able to do it .can u help?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well everytime you have a new point to say start a paragraph so in the last post you could start a new pargraph when you begin this sentence,  "i just tried making poker fun", 

It just makes it easier on the eye. 
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    hi Carl,been messing about,think i,ve cracked it,,let,s see
    yep now i,ve got it,at last
    thanks buddy
    can,t stop using it now.
    you,ll have to excuse me...i am an old duffer after all!...lol,

• Options
    edited February 2014
     you post came up just after i posted mine
    i just didn,t know which button to press on keyboard
    as u can see,i,ve got it now
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Great stuff mate, you really do post stuff I want to read and hate when I can't so hopefully it's all sorted now. :)
  • Options
    MISTER_BMISTER_B Member Posts: 59
    edited February 2014
    OK, really bad start, pulled it back a bit towards the end for a small loss, I'm really struggling with bad beats at the moment, hopefully the downswing will only be temporary.

£5.50 DYM
    Played - 16
    Won - 8
    Lost - 8
    Poker Points - 505
    Total for the week - -£14
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thanks Carl.that,s nice of you to say so :) ....sometimes you can feel like you are just rambleing on a bit,
    so it,s nice to know at least one person(hopefully a few more),are finding some of what i,ve got to say at least a little bit interesting!
    note,new paragraph,
    again.you see.....i am listening too!
    MISTER B,...just a thought.if it were me ,i would drop down a level or two whilst things aren,t going so well.
    but that,s just me....carefull!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR:
    thanks Carl.that,s nice of you to say so :) ....sometimes you can feel like you are just rambleing on a bit, so it,s nice to know at least one person(hopefully a few more),are finding some of what i,ve got to say at least a little bit interesting! note,new paragraph, again.you see.....i am listening too! MISTER B,...just a thought.if it were me ,i would drop down a level or two whilst things aren,t going so well. but that,s just me....carefull!
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks Devon, I'm currently rolled for the £5.50 DYMs, and still have a bit of lee-way at this level, but rest assured if I drop below the 22 buy-in threshold, I'll drop down a level.
    I'm getting a new sony laptop today, perhaps that will bring me some good luck!
  • Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited February 2014
    OK, really bad start, pulled it back a bit towards the end for a small loss, I'm really struggling with bad beats at the moment, hopefully the downswing will only be temporary. £5.50 DYM Played - 16 Won - 8 Lost - 8 Poker Points - 505 Total for the week - -£14
    Posted by MISTER_B

Played on a couple of tables with you last night MisterB and the only observation i would make is curb the 
      aggression a tad early doors. Not saying there is anything wrong with preflop aggro but in a dym the aim is 
      to finish in top 3, you dont have to have the most chips at the end. Now, you may well have been picking
      up monsters pre but no point shoving, you need to get paid with your good hands, not just pick up the blinds.
      Hope this helps.

PS Binking a 9 when all in with k9 v my k10 is not very sporting either LOL.

GL
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I currently use the 22 BI rule but that's mainly because I'm just starting out and have just progressed into the £3.30's.

Also on JC's blog he mentions it as a way to move up, get to 22 BI's have your 2 shots if it goes well you keep going if you lose both you step down and get to 22 again simple.

I myself as readers of my 'Diary' will know I'm currently very close to having to drop down but it doesn't faze me at all as I know I'm playing well and it's just a matter of time before I get the run to send me into proper safety zone.

Of course I could stay at £2.25 till my roll for £3.30 is 30-40 Bi's but because of the rake it just ain't worth it imo and I'd like to play as few more games at that level as possible.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR :   Played on a couple of tables with you last night MisterB and the only observation i would make is curb the    aggression a tad early doors. Not saying there is anything wrong with preflop aggro but in a dym the aim is    to finish in top 3, you dont have to have the most chips at the end. Now, you may well have been picking   up monsters pre but no point shoving, you need to get paid with your good hands, not just pick up the blinds.   Hope this helps.   PS Binking a 9 when all in with k9 v my k10 is not very sporting either LOL.    GL
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Thanks Pomfrittes, yes noticed you on some tables last night, I take the points on board, I agree perhaps too aggressive, the reason for the shoving is because I've had such a run of bad luck, I couldn't do with getting called and then the villain picking up a flush or straight, which is usually happening.

I understand though, that playing like this would probably be -EV in the long run, so will use tonights session to try and curb it a bit.

Sorry about the bad beat, it's a nice change for me right now lol

Also, we'll see how the new laptop works out, it's a lot quicker now, so coupled with my 22" external monitor, we should be rolling haha
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    hope the new laptop brings you some good luck MISTER B.
    personally,i think that the 22 buy-ins for a level is a little on the low side,
    as you only need 1 or 2 bad sessions and you really feel those losses.
    i am currently playing £3.30 level and my b/roll is just under £300,
    so even if i lost a session say 11-1 which= £30 ISH,...it,s only 10% of my roll
    which i can live with.
    if for example i moved up to the £5.50 level and lost 11-1....£50 ish,thats 1/6
    of my roll,then it just starts hurting.
    but i guess i,m a bit of a nit.anyway,just saying!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    yes Dudeskin8 it,s not a bad way of doing it,
    i guess if it,s good enough for jc,
    it,s good enough for us all!

i,m just an old nit i suppose

i myself would rather be properly rolled for each level
    that way i know i have beaten that level
    and then move up!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Better day today, not much profit, but profits profit eh?

£5.50 DYM
    Played - 15
    Won - 9
    Lost - 6
    Total +£7.50
    Total Poker Points - 585

Still about JC? How's your DYM coming along?
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2014
    Still here guys, only managed one session since my last update which was a rather frustrating W 4 L6, leaving me with a BR of £505.02. Struggling to find much time just lately but all being well I will be able to get a few games in tomorrow night. I will also update after that session. Great to see a few people getting involved at the moment I wish you all the very best of luck with your progress!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

just finnished a real grind 2nite,
    went down again  7-2,7-3 something like that.
    ended up ok,  23-13 up
    won £16.50.....phew
    b/roll over the £300 mark at,£314.72....hoooooray!

thanks again jc
  • Options
    stretch83stretch83 Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2014
    Still here guys, only managed one session since my last update which was a rather frustrating W 4 L6, leaving me with a BR of £505.02. Struggling to find much time just lately but all being well I will be able to get a few games in tomorrow night. I will also update after that session. Great to see a few people getting involved at the moment I wish you all the very best of luck with your progress!
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Going well John, you will find the time soon, but you are over the half way to £1000 mark!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    just finnished a real grind 2nite, went down again  7-2,7-3 something like that. ended up ok,  23-13 up won £16.50.....phew b/roll over the £300 mark at,£314.72....hoooooray! thanks again jc
    Posted by devonfish5
    Awesome progress Devonfish, I played a few games with you where I think we both cashed!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Hi mate PM's not working, give me a shout on, "only1typhoon@gmail.com" I'll send you a copy
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    Hi mate,

I have just downloaded spreadsheet, it will be extremely useful so thankyou very much!  Sorry I haven't replied sooner, have only played a handful of games this week.

See you on the tables,

Nick