You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

Two weeks since my last post, where does time go.
    Firstly the big news, I am off to Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday. Luckily I managed to secure a seat and I am hoping that the result is more favourable then when I went last year. The good news is that we have been given the West side of the stadium which means we get to drink in The Green Man, which in my opinion is the best pre-match watering hole for Wembley. The plan is to get into London early and make our way there before they shut the gates, or else it will be a repeat of last year and a 4 pack on the large roundabout at the bottom of the hill. Either way I am sure the atmosphere will be buzzing. I am off from work now until a week on Friday and as we are travelling down to Exmouth for a bit of time with my Dad on the Sunday evening it means I will be making the journey to London from Devon. I am still hopeful of getting the train but unless the prices drop I will be driving into Hillingdon and then get the tube from there. On the football front I just hope we turn up this year and at least go down fighting. On paper we should be good enough to beat Derby, having already beaten them 4-0 and 3-0, and having the experience of the play off final last year. The trouble is football is not played on paper and Derby must be feeling very confident after their tremendous second half display at Elland Road. They seem to be one of those teams who either just take the game by the scruff of the neck or sit back and look decidedly ordinary. Lets pray the nerves get to their young team and they freeze on the day. I am going to put this out there now, so as people don't think it's just sour grapes, but I think I will really miss The Championship if we are lucky enough to go up. It seems far less corporate and just has more of a feel of the game I originally fell in love with all those years ago. The Premier League will be lovely but it just doesn't have that feel anymore.
    In other football news AFC Emley no longer exist but Emley AFC have been re-born. The club has decided to change its name back to its original one and at the same time has bought in a whole new management team which has the feel of a club on the up following a very average season last year where they finished mid table. It has also been announced this week that the team has been laterally moved from the North East Counties League to the North West Counties League First Division North. Obviously none of the commitee members have experienced the M62 across The Pennines. This does mean we will be playing a lot of teams for the first time including the likes of AFC Blackpool, AFC Liverpool, AFC Darwen and a couple of local derbies in the form of Golcar United and Shelley Community. I would of been confident of a real promotion push in the old league but have no idea of form and investment in this new one. Exciting times ahead and I am going to try and make a real effort to go to a lot more games next season and will probably invest in a season ticket, sure I said that this time last year to.
    With regards to work there are a few rumours starting to circulate that Asda may be about to be put up for IPO (Initial Public Offering) on the stock market. With a bit of luck this may lead to some sort of employee share offering that may result in a small windfall at some point. My current sharesave scheme matures on the 1st July and with an option price of £36.99 against the current share price of $101 will lead to roughly a doubling of my investment over the 3 years. A nice little earner, Thank You Walmart.
    On the Poker front I have been playing elsewhere for the last couple of weeks as there are a couple of decent series going on. Best result to date has been in a $215 KO tournie which I had managed to satellite into through a $5 sat into a $44 sat into a ticket. Managed to cash and take 3 bounties for a $400+ profit. Have played in The Ryder Cup on Sky and really enjoyed it. A massive shout out to the lads organising it as it would appear to be a logistical nightmare.
    The rest of this week will revolve around The Grove, Willow walks, poker and the build up to the £180m game. Enjoy your time at the tables and let The Claret and Blue rule Wembley. UTV.
  • Options

Dont you just love British farming.
    What a beautiful site this morning.

Dont you just love satellites.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Love those farm photos. England is so beautiful.

Well done on the share options, hope it works out well.

Monday? The bookies have Villa at 5/4, Derby 13/5.

I tend to go for value when betting, & that's rarely the favourite, but 5/4 Villa looks huge to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Love those farm photos. England is so beautiful.

Well done on the share options, hope it works out well.

Monday? The bookies have Villa at 5/4, Derby 13/5.

I tend to go for value when betting, & that's rarely the favourite, but 5/4 Villa looks huge to me.

The trouble is that the nerves may set in and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go all the way to pens.
    Really hope not for my nerves sake.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Took my satellite ticket and only went and did this.

Will now be playing my biggest ever, by a very long way, buy in MTT tomorrow evening.
    Not bad for an initial outlay of $11.
    Wish me luck, I think I will need it.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    Nice one, Good luck.
  • Options

Well done - let us know how you get on.

Good luck.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Fantastic effort, very best of luck to you.
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    very well done glgl
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,026
    edited May 2019
    Nice one, very best of luck.

If you could have Villa winning the play off final or you winning the tournament, which one would you choose?
  • Options
    waller02 said:

If you could have Villa winning the play off final or you winning the tournament, which one would you choose?

Ha, what a peng great question.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

This is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, whereas if Villa dont go up there's always next year.
    With that in mind and at least £30k for the win my head has to rule my heart.

• Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    Nice one 68Trebor gl buddy hope you take it down.
  • Options

Quick update.

1 hour in and we have chipped up from 50k to 55k, which is currently 79BB.
    Sat in position 46 of 105 left, but with 2hrs of late reg still to go the field will definitely increase.
    Seems a bit strange sitting there with a $520 bounty on my head and on the positive it is very exciting when you see a short stack with a $520 bounty.
    No real hands played with the biggest being JJ, which cost me about 15k, when I had 3 bet the button raise in the SB and then called the BB 4 bet. Flop had the dreaded K and had to give up when he double barrelled the Turn.
    Will hopefully update on next break.
  • Options

Good luck, hope it's a very long evening for you.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    update? what's your username so we can follow? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    2 hours in and we have moved up slightly to 68k, 57BB.
    Currently 47/110 with a total of 166 entrant so far.
    Dropped down to 30k but managed to double up when my AK beat an A,10 on an A high flop. Great news that also bought me a $260 bounty.

For those interested UserName is Rotterdam82, hopefully an omen for the rest of the weekend.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    it won't let me chat but glglg
  • Options
    eon1961 said:

gl

Thank you