You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    PKRPar said:

it won't let me chat but glglg

Thank you
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Good luck, hope it's a very long evening for you.

Thank you
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    sorry dude, think I jinxed you. still a nice bounty pickup :)
  • Options

All over, finished in position 106 and took one bounty for $260.
    2 big hands that cost me were when I 3 barrel bluffed an A high flop, following my pre flop raise to be called down with A,2 and then shoved my last 22BB with KQ suited in the SB following a button raise.
    Lets hope Villa do better on Monday.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    in profit though
  • Options
    eon1961 said:

in profit though

True, but you always want more.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    68Trebor said:

All over, finished in position 106 and took one bounty for $260.
    2 big hands that cost me were when I 3 barrel bluffed an A high flop, following my pre flop raise to be called down with A,2 and then shoved my last 22BB with KQ suited in the SB following a button raise.
    Lets hope Villa do better on Monday.

Yikes, how do they even do that?

Still, a good experience & you collected a few bob.

Villa next on Monday, that's the banker.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
  • Options
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Beautiful even in Lego.
    Definitely Premier League!
  • Options

A nice way to end the month 😁
  • Options

Nice work @68Trebor, it's been a decent month for you one way & another. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Not a bad month at all, will be topped off if I bring the points home for The North. :D

You still on for 9pm?
    Available now if you fancy it.
  • Options
    68Trebor said:

Tikay10 said:

Not a bad month at all, will be topped off if I bring the points home for The North. :D

You still on for 9pm?

@68Trebor

OK, how about;

8pm.

YOU register, I'll jump straight in.

We play them both at once. Get the first one up, then you insta reg the 2nd & I'll jump in that too?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

68Trebor said:

Tikay10 said:

You still on for 9pm?

@68Trebor

OK, how about;

8pm.

YOU register, I'll jump straight in.

We play them both at once. Get the first one up, then you insta reg the 2nd & I'll jump in that too?

See you at 8pm.
  • Options

So May was a great month in many ways on and off the felt.
    The obvious highlight was Wembley and what a day it was. I arrived at Hillingdon for 10am and knew I wasn't the first as I pulled into the car park to grab one of the few remaining spots and straight away bumped into a load of Villa fans. Got the tube to Wembley Park and walked out of the station to be met by a throng of very excited people who were all in enthusiastic spirits and not afraid to vocalise who they supported.

I then proceeded to make my way to the West side of the Stadium and the large green where it was already agreed pre-match drinks would be taken. Having been bitten by coming unprepared the year before I had already purchased my cans in Exmouth before departure. Got to the green to be met by The Villa faithful in full voice, claret and blue smoke bombs alight.

It felt all very much like last year and I just prayed the result wouldn't be the same. Made my way to the stadium, currywurst on the way, and found my seat, front row of top tier.

The atmosphere was electric and probably the loudest I have experienced (Leeds would be louder) and the Derby black and white flags and Villa claret and blue flags was a sight to behold.

The game to me didn't seem that great a spectacle with far too much riding on it to be a classic but one man I have to single out is John McGinn. As a supporter the one thing you ask of every player is to give 100% and run your self into the ground. McGinn, in all my years of watching, typifies this more than any other player I can remember, the man just does not give up. He has to be the bargain of the season for £2m and will hold his own in the Premier League. The last 15mins after Derby scored were probably the most excruciating watch I have had and it really cannot do our bodies any good to put them through it. The relief at the final whistle was tangible and having experienced defeat the year before it made it more the sweeter. Put it this way the journey home was certainly a lot more enjoyable.

Also had a few days in Exmouth with my Dad and as always it was lovely to see him and spend time near the sea. Willow certainly enjoyed it but really couldn't get her head around the fact that the sea doesn't taste like her usual rivers. Over the course of the week I drank far too much and thoroughly indulged, ice-cream, fish and chips etc but that's what living is for. Its now back to the cycle of life until we go on our cruise, 67 days and counting.
    Poker has been good this month, although I have been playing away from home, and I managed to secure profits of over £700 in the month. My plan for June, starting tomorrow, is to play 20p cash back on Sky again. After a bit of profit taking I now have a roll of £700 with which to focus on cash games and have made this decision as I am feeling rather guilty over the amount of hours I have been playing lately and also finding tournies a bit restrictive with regards to ferrying my daughter to and from work when she can't use her Mum's car, Willow, The Grove (particularly on sunny evenings), work and sleep. I think I maybe beginning to feel my age with that last one. So that's the plan anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Bankroll £700.
  • Options

Another superb update. You write so well.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Great write-up, fab pictures and an even better result.

Good to see Villa back where they belong and good luck crushing 20nl :)
  • Options
    Not been playing much poker over the last 10 days, playing MTT's on Sunday and 4 days of cash. The MTT's started out relatively well when I managed to Sat into the Super Sunday but that was where it really ended with a loss of £15 on the day. Cash went a fair bit better with a profit of £88 over the 4 days. Blew £50 on the last day in a couple of strange hands against a very strong reg. These 2 hands (see below) followed one another in the space of 5 minutes on two different tables. The first hand I think I played fine as I knew he wouldn't be going all in with AA or KK and the original raiser had been going all in with rubbish for the past 10 minutes. I therefore assumed that at worse I was 50/50 and could possibly be well ahead. The second hand he owned me!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    9stone91Small blind£0.10£0.10£21.46
    Stew1Big blind£0.20£0.30£23.33
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    Chalky666Raise£4.80£5.10£13.92
    lynx3ffectAll-in£38.50£43.60£0.00
    68TreborAll-in£34.50£78.10£0.00
    9stone91Fold
    Stew1Fold
    Chalky666All-in£13.92£92.02£0.00
    lynx3ffectUnmatched bet£4.00£88.02£4.00
    Chalky666Show
    • K
    • J
    lynx3ffectShow
    • A
    • Q
    68TreborShow
    • K
    • A
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    lynx3ffectWinFlush to the Ace£86.22£90.22

As a combination of the above results it does, however, mean that for 2019 I am now showing a profit of £90 on Sky MTT's, a loss of £42 at 10p/20p and a loss of £36 at 5p/10p.
    In other words I am currently sat at £12 profit on the year on SkyPoker.
    Villa are being linked with all and sundry and tomorrow it becomes real as the fixtures are released. The couple of bits of business we have done so far certainly make sense and I do think ElGhazi could do quite well in the Premier League, Gary Gardner + £2m for Jota from Small Heath is an absolute no-brainer and although I don't think he will start will certainly be a good addition to the squad.
    Due to life, basically kids, I have had to withdraw some of my bankroll and currently have it sat at £250. The plan is to continue with the 10p/20p tables and to not play too much poker so it becomes a button pressing process.

Bankroll £250.35
  • Options

2nd Hand.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    lynx3ffectSmall blind£0.10£0.10£22.31
    68TreborBig blind£0.20£0.30£24.09
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    AFCTelfordAll-in£3.21£3.51£0.00
    9stone91Fold