You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

The house in Emley was surprisingly taken off the market by the owners on the Monday morning, think they may have realised it was massively undervalued and they could get another £50k easily. Expect to see it back on market in a few months at a much higher price. Had a second viewing on a house in Skelmanthorpe and were going to put an offer in but they decided to accept an offer from someone who has sold there's. As a result the wife has made it very clear that we will not be viewing anymore houses until ours is actually sold.
    Work has been ridiculous. I worked Saturday and Sunday and it was like a cross between The Alamo and the day before Christmas Eve. How this is supposed to help stop the spread I do not know. Roll on the spring and hopefully a vaccine. Paid the last instalment of the annual skiing trip in early Feb and really hoping we can go.
    Villa are a joy to watch at the moment and the link up play between Grealish, Barkley, McGinn, Luiz and Watkins reminds me of the Gabby, Young, Milner and Carew days. What is so good to see is the freedom they are playing with and in the current climate of teams being over coached it is a pleasure to see.
    Changed my mind on the car again and now considering a Jaguar XF R-Sport. Anyone got any views on this?
    Not really played much the last few days but will be playing a few MTT's tonight including hopefully The Main, as I am currently 14/18 in the 6pm sat with 17 qualifying.

Bankroll £230
  • Options

Played a bit, lost a bit. Best run was last night when I managed an 8th in £1k BH getting it all in with A,Q v K,10 and not getting the rub of the green. Will go again tonight.
    Sold the house today to a couple who are buying it to let, no chain is great news. They already have one property just to the rear of us and are not in a mad rush to complete and seem a nice couple so good news all round. As a result will be taking a drive tomorrow to have a look at a few houses from the outside. Holmbridge, Meltham, Fenay Bridge, Lepton and Kirkheaton are the destinations. Following this taking Willow for a walk around Cannon Hall park and then a slow cooked beef stew.
    Grealish was Grealish against Ireland and will hopefully start along with Mings against Belgium. Always a double edged sword as want them to do well but always dread an injury.
    Skiing all paid up and with the positive news on a vaccine we keep our fingers crossed.

Bankroll £190.10

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

Well done on selling the house, now you just have to find the next one. Life sounds pretty good all things considered.
  • Options

Managed to qualify for Main and Mega so hoping for a decent night. Currently 31/100 in 6.30pm £1k BH. Fingers and toes crossed.

• Options

9pm Update

6.30pm £1k BH Finished 27th for £5.36, no bounties.
    Main , 206/234, no bounties
    Mini , 232/409, no bounties,
    Mega - 1/27, £7.50 bounties, my turned set of 10's beating villains flopped set of 4's (all the action on the turn)
  • Options

10pm Update
    Busted Main and Mini, no bounties in either.
    13/54 in Mega, £7.50 bounty.
  • Options

11.00pm Update
    14/27 in Mega, £7.50 bounty.
  • Options

You can win this.
  • Options

Midnight Update

13/13 (11 cash) in Mega, £7.50 bounty.

This hand could mean I miss out
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    68TreborSmall blind1500.001500.0032767.50
    Cpfc777Big blind3000.004500.0068522.00
    Your hole cards
    sjl1973All-in17894.0022394.000.00
    wilTurkey5Fold
    WingsPFold
    68TreborAll-in32767.5055161.500.00
    Cpfc777Fold
    68TreborUnmatched bet16373.5038788.0016373.50
    68TreborShow
    sjl1973Show
    • A
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    • J
    sjl1973WinStraight to the 938788.0038788.00
  • Options

Ouch, brutal game.
  • Options

That's a wrap
    Scraped into the money busting in 10th when I shoved my 5BB's on the button with Q,10 into SB AA.

Bankroll £200.31
  • Options

An evening's fun & a bit of profit. Perfect.
  • Options

Another week, another week like no other in retail. Every day has been like December 23rd due to a combination of Black Friday Deals launching last Monday. Double Discount for all Asda colleagues Monday to Friday, and when you are the biggest Asda in West Yorkshire and only a couple of miles from Asda House you can imagine the impact this has and then still nowhere else for people to go on a weekend. Hopefully it maybe a little quieter this week, probably mad at the weekend and then a period of calm before the mad Christmas rush as the rest of retail opens up.
    Villa continue to frustrate, beating the big teams and then losing the games you think they should win. Having said that I would of snapped your hand off for the start we have made and with what looks like a four horse race already for relegation a mid-table season looks in store.
    Viewed 3 houses today and will be putting an offer in on a house in Scissett in the morning. Although not quite the ideal location as at least a 12 min walk to the nearest local it has everything else we were looking for, 4 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, large kitchen diner, 2 bathrooms and a shower room, no passing traffic, south facing private rear garden, 1 min walk to open fields for Willow, room for 3 cars. Its been on the market since May and I am hopeful we can get if for a bit less than the asking price along with the gas log burner which they paid £3k for thrown in. Fingers crossed.
    Matt Bates is fast becoming my living nightmare, see below.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    68TreborSmall blind500.00500.0068040.00
    MattBatesBig blind1000.001500.0022566.50
    Your hole cards
    • A
    roddy28Fold
    basher5Fold
    MajesticalFold
    Cans4funFold
    68TreborRaise1500.003000.0066540.00
    MattBatesCall1000.004000.0021566.50
    Flop
    • K
    68TreborCheck
    MattBatesBet2000.006000.0019566.50
    68TreborCall2000.008000.0064540.00
    Turn
    68TreborCheck
    MattBatesBet5000.0013000.0014566.50
    68TreborCall5000.0018000.0059540.00
    River
    68TreborAll-in59540.0077540.000.00
    MattBatesAll-in14566.5092106.500.00
    68TreborUnmatched bet44973.5047133.0044973.50
    68TreborShow
    • A
    MattBatesShow
    MattBatesWinFull House, 7s and 5s47133.0047133.00
    At the moment every time I get deep in a tourney Mr Bates seems to appear at my table and then do me in a cooler of a hand. Despite this I managed to get 4th in a Mini UKOPS event last night and thought I played some of my best poker for a while. Lets try and go again tonight without clashing with Mr Bates.

Bankroll £310
  • Options

We had our second offer on the property in Scissett accepted and are now in the hands of mortgage advisors and solicitors. Got it for what I believe was a very fair price and £12.5k less than they had accepted from another buyer less than 2 months ago, who ended up pulling out. Got the gas log burner as well :) . As our buyers are cash purchasers and the sellers of our new property already have another property to move in to there is no chain and I am very hopeful of beating the Stamp Duty deadline. At the front of the property, across a field and set on an embankment you can see the Kirklees Light Railway line. As it is currently shut and the walk along the track stretches 3.5 miles from Clayton West to Shelley I decided to take Willow and join it at Skelmanthorpe station and walk along the line to Clayton West and back, passing Cuckoos Nest Station, and have a look at the new house from that vantage point. Didn't make it to Clayton West as got stopped by some over zealous volunteer at Scissett who had great joy in pronouncing I was trespassing and would have to turn back. Tried reasoning with him that Willow and I really weren't up to no good and wouldn't cause any damage but he wasn't having it. I do think the abundance of squirrels that seemed to be playing a game of chicken with Willow were probably relieved, although why they weren't hibernating by now I have no idea.
    West Ham - Villa, what can I say except 'we was robbed guv'. Looks very likely we won't be playing this weekend and this may work in our favour as we do seem to miss Barkley even though I thought we played very well last night.
    Tier 3 from tomorrow for us and this means no Grove for a few more weeks. Really hope that they and other smaller pubs manage to see this out as I don't get how shutting them makes the slightest difference when you go and see what it is like in the majority of supermarkets lately. Speaking to my Dad tonight (90 in March) he puts it all down to the Atlee government and the introduction of the tripartite education system which meant children had to travel further to school, which in turn lead to detentions becoming less effective as teachers could not keep children back for a fear of them not being able to get home. This was the start of the downfall of discipline in schools and with it the wider society and hence we are in the situation today where no-one has any respect for authority and people just don't care about following COVID rules. Might seem a bit extreme but bear in mind this is the man who thinks anyone found breaking COVID rules should be sent straight to jail.
    Talking of supermarkets it is really sad to see Arcadia and Debenhams in the financial difficulties they are now experiencing. It really does prove you have to move with the times and at the moment that is online. Pretty sure they wont be the last big name casualties of the next 12 months.
    Not played poker for a week and will be back on the tables tonight.

Bankroll £223
  • Options

Great news on the house. Now the stress really starts. Pretty sure moving home is the stressiest thing ever.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Great news on the house. Now the stress really starts. Pretty sure moving home is the stressiest thing ever.

Think being a Manager at Christmas in Asda runs it pretty close.
  • Options

Played poker last night and yet again seemed to lose the 60/40s and 50/50s you need to win to really go deep. Don't think I am actually playing that bad but results suggest differently. We will go again tonight and tomorrow.
    Disappointing, although understandable, that Villa's game at Newcastle was called off this weekend due to **** COVID. Will mean that we we have 2 games in hand on most teams after this weekend's fixtures. Have to say sat here watching Man Utd I cannot believe how poor they really are. Just think Ole is out of his depth and it is only a matter of time before he gets the chop. If they don't at least improve this second half it could be tonight.
    Had a bit of snow yesterday and a certain member of the family loved it

Went for a lovely walk this afternoon across the fields to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Talking of snow and it has started to fall in Pas De La Casa and we are still hopeful of getting the skis on in February. The President of Andorra yesterday declared that the start of the season be postponed from 1st December to 1st January so I think we are still in the lap of the gods.
    Currently 6 of 39 in 6pm Main Semi with 20 qualifying so hopeful, and I won a 60/40.
    Ole has escaped again, unbelievable!

Bankroll £130.

• Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    Love the photos
  • Options

Yes, terrific photos.
  • Options

Very brief update.
    Went bust, redeposited £200.
    I seem tired all the time at the moment and intend to try and stick to the following routine.
    If I have an early start in the morning, 6am up time, be in bed for 9pm and read until 10pm, then sleep.
    If I have a late start or day off then in bed for 10pm and read until 11pm, then sleep.
    Feel I need to do something as the next month is always tough at work and I will need my beauty sleep.
    Going to try and stick to 20nl cash games to help aid above.
    Tottenham could well win the league you know.

Bankroll £201.95