You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

Things getting easier, a certain Mr Channing joins the table.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,550

@68Trebor

Don't let him get away with any of his fancy dan tricks.
  • Options

Further good news.
    Got through the Sharpshooter Sat, so now playing the Main and Mini as well as the £10k Big Weekender.
  • Options

8:55pm Update

£10k Big Weekender - 7,685 chips = 41/83.
    £15k Sharpshooter - 8,550 chips = 320/407.
    £4k Mini Sharpshooter - 9,980 chips = 359/653.

Another table move in the Big and noticeable name on new table is Bromley04.
    Nothing major to report just ticking along at the moment.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    68Trebor said:

Further good news.
    Got through the Sharpshooter Sat, so now playing the Main and Mini as well as the £10k Big Weekender.

Good luck.

See you got 5 fish in the Sharpshooter ;)
  • Options

Busted Mini and Main.
    Main got it all in with 88 against AJ and the A came, as usual.
    Hoes resting on the Big Weekender.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,367
    I think you dropped this. ;)

• Options

9:55pm Update

Was down to 5,500 chips but managed a couple of double ups in last 15 mins.
    Still no bounty but got my eyes on one player who appears very LAG.
    Waiting for the right hand to go to war with and hoping no-one else takes his chips first.
    Interesting last hand before break with 3 players all-in pre-flop, AA, AA and JJ. You guessed it J on the flop. GG Bromley04, UL.

Currently 20 out of 34 with 17,500 chips.

• Options

@68Trebor

You put an update on the wrong thread (it's now on here) so I'll remove the rogue one to avoid confusion.

GL in Big Weekender.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

I think you dropped this. ;)

Cheers Mumsie, wondered where it had gone.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@68Trebor

You put an update on the wrong thread (it's now on here) so I'll remove the rogue one to avoid confusion.

GL in Big Weekender.

Cheers Tikay, wondered where it had gone.
  • Options

And we are out.
    Got it all-in against the LAG and then got called behind. With the LAG's bounty at £122 and me having him covered think it was probably the right play, just unfortunate to have JJ behind me.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Kidpoke450Small blind400.00400.0036392.50
    paul10Big blind800.001200.0028123.00
    Your hole cards
    XXXXXXAll-in13549.0014749.000.00
    miniman88Fold
    68TreborAll-in23310.0038059.000.00
    Kidpoke450Fold
    paul10All-in28123.0066182.000.00
    paul10Unmatched bet5613.0060569.005613.00
    paul10Show
    • J
    • J
    XXXXXXShow
    • A
    68TreborShow
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    • J
    River
    paul10WinThree Jacks60569.0066182.00
    Bankroll £129.87

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Give me strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just qualified for The Predator and after about 10 mins I am dealt JJ in the SB with a 6k stack, blinds are level 2. UTG min raises, everybody else folds and I 3 x his initial raise, he calls. Flop 10,7,2. I lead out, he jams, I call. Course hes got 10,7 because that's how you play in a £33 MTT.
    It's not very often I moan and get all the 'this is the type of player you want on your table' arguments. But why does it never happen in the £5.50 MTT's, always the £33 ones.

Rant over.
  • Options

Very quick update.
    MTT's suck.
    Going to head back to 20p nl tables, having deposited £200 to boost the bankroll. Three reasons for this are that I can't seem to get a break at the MTT tables and variance is killing me. I am moving back to Pudsey store at work and this will definitely give me a little less free time to play. Golden Ticket Promotion is back.
    Heading straight to 20p rather than 10p purely for the rake reasons, 5% instead of 7.5%.
    Today Willow is getting a hair cut at a friend of a friend's who is a mobile groomer. She is in desperate need of it and can't wait to get her back all fresh and tidy.
    Been consistently going on the exercise bike every other day and despite seeing no weight loss I definitely feel better for it. While doing my 15kms I watch one episode of my current series watch. Just started Money Heist and have enjoyed the first 2 episodes.
    Personal Best for the 15kms is still 34"19, although I am now consistently under 35 minutes. Will be going on this afternoon and be aiming to get under the 34 minute mark.

Bankroll £225.44.
  • Options

@68Trebor

How do you feel about the move to Pudsey? Pleased, disappointed, or not bothered?

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Great 1st hour session booking a £76.99 profit. Ran pretty decent, played pretty decent, happy!
    After booking that win I am now showing a loss of £134 on the 20nl tables YTD and a profit of £142 on the 10nl tables.
    Next target must be to get into positive territory for 20nl YTD.

Bankroll £302.43
  • Options

Its been a while and many (well maybe 1 or 2 of you) may have been wondering what I have been up to. The reason for posting now is a combination of Tikay mentioning that I haven't posted for a good while and the fact that I am slightly bored. The reason I am bored is that I am currently on holiday and supposed to be spending a week in a cottage near Buxton with our lass, Willow and friends (I know this isn't politically correct before the haters get posting). Unfortunately a teacher who works closely with our lass rang her on Sunday to tell her she had tested positive for COVID so our lass is now self isolating and another holiday has hit the ropes and a week at home beckons.
    A **** of a lot has happened in my world and the world in general since my last post at the start of COVID and I will try and cover the last six months as succinctly as possible, but be prepared for a fair bit of spiel.
    Poker first as this is the reason you are reading this in the first place. I have had a nomadic last 6 months flitting from site to site and playing on a combination of Stars, Party, GG and Sky. Has it been successful? Fairly, with a couple of decent wins along the way including a $700 win in a $11 MTT on Stars in July, a $1,240 win in a $12 Grand Tour on Stars in July, a $500 win in a $22 MTT on Party in September and a $340 win in a $22 MTT on Stars in August. I have recently returned to Sky, partly due to the Twitch Streamers that have appeared and partly due to the smaller fields. Last night I deposited £100 and succeeded to finish 2nd in the UKOPS Freeroll, bagging £30 and a seat into a UKOPS High Roller, 2nd in the 7 at 7, 2nd in a £750 BH and final tabling the Mini. The plan is to just focus on MTT's for the time being and use some of the learnings from the last few months of playing elsewhere and watching Twitch (obviously not from Duesenburg's stream).
    Villa somehow managed to survive last season, I still don't know how. As for this season the results speak for themselves and I have little doubt we now have the quality to survive and hopefully push for a mid-table position. Have to say that our starting midfield is probably the best we have had for many years with Grealish continuing to shine, don't get me started on the England discussion, Barkley a real good signing, McGinn back to his best and Luiz really looking the business for Villa and Brazil. Martinez is a proper keeper and the back 4 are looking pretty solid, with Matty Cash appearing to be a bit of a steal from Forest. Its just up top I worry a bit with little cover for Watkins, who I have to say has started mightily impressively and his movement is a joy to watch. After the defeat to Leeds we now have an important game against Southampton, who have started well, and we need to get back on track.
    Asda have finally been bought and what this means in the New Year we will have to wait and see, but I do think changes will happen with rumours of George Clothing being sold and the introduction of lots more companies buying space. What this will mean for the management structure only time will tell.
    Our cruise in August was obviously cancelled and we have moved the booking to August next year. We did get a week away in a cottage on a farm in the Lake District near Ullswater and had a thoroughly relaxing time with plenty of walking and drinking. Following this weeks cancelled trip to Buxton my next week away will hopefully be skiing in Andorra in February, but we will have to wait and see.
    Our house is up for sale and we have accepted an offer from a couple who have yet to sell there's, so ours is still on the market and open to viewings. We are currently in the process of looking, but with properties selling soooo fast we have decided to only look from the outside and have a shortlist for when we get the green light rather than suffer the disappointment of falling in love only for the dream to be snatched away. The current shortlist has a house in Denby Dale, New Mill and Skelmanthorpe. The plan had been to downsize but since the start of this process our lad, 25 years old, has split up with his girlfriend of 4 years and ended up living back at home. As a result, and with some inheritance money on its way to us, we have decided to increase the investment in the family home with the view that in another 6 to 7 years we can then downsize and look to reduce our working hours.
    With the inheritance has come the opportunity to upgrade the Audi A5 and I currently have my eyes on a 2017/18 Volvo V90. I just love the look of this car on both the outside and inside and having had a Volvo S60 before I know the reliability etc will be great. If anyone out there has a V90 I would appreciate your thoughts.
    Willow is still the love of my life and is just sooo well behaved and a joy to have. I know if we we go into tier 3, looking ominous, she will miss The Grove as much as me. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen as on the bright side of our lad being back home has been the odd trip with him and Willow to watch the football and have a couple of beers.
    Tonight I will definitely be on the tables and hoping to improve on the 2nd places from last night.

Bankroll £378.17
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Good to see you back posting

Villa will be fine this year. They’re looking a decent team
    Grealish should be the first name on the team sheet in midfield for England

I have the S90
    It’s been great so far

• Options

Great to see you back here, and a terrific update, thank you.

GL tonight my friend.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Good to see you back posting

Villa will be fine this year. They’re looking a decent team
    Grealish should be the first name on the team sheet in midfield for England

I have the S90
    It’s been great so far

Which year's S90 have you got and what trim and engine?