You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

What sort of stuff do you read?

I'm an avid reader, doubt there's been a single day in my life when I've not read a book for at least half an hour.
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    Tikay10 said:

What sort of stuff do you read?

I'm an avid reader, doubt there's been a single day in my life when I've not read a book for at least half an hour.

I have a Kindle Unlimited account and so read various types of books from fictional mystery to biographies. I am currently on book 12 of the DCI Ryan mysteries series by L J Ross. Criminal thrillers set in the Newcastle area. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy them. Just wondering if you play poker anymore as I never see or hear of you being at the tables.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, I still play poker every night. I miss playing here very much, but felt it best to stop playing here for a while after some unfortunate (& utterly ridic) accusations were made by a bad loser. Then they all got repeated over on 2 + 2 & so Sky Poker's name was dragged into the mud, & that's the last thing I wanted. So to be safe I've been playing elsewhere since.

I could have gone on 2 + 2 & refuted the accusations, but I make it a rule never to engage with trolls.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Yeah, I still play poker every night. I miss playing here very much, but felt it best to stop plying here for a while after some unfortunate (& utterly ridic) accusations were made by a bad loser. Then they all got repeated over on 2 + 2 & so Sky Poker's name was dragged into the mud, & that's the last thing I wanted. So to be safe I've been playing elsewhere since.

I could have gone on 2 + 2 & refuted the accusations, but I make it a rule never to engage with trolls.

If you dont mind me asking where do you play nowadays and is PLO cash still your game of choice.
  • Options

I play on PP & play PLO8 MTT's.

I'm usually updating the daily forum comp at the same time so I stick to one table. Being deep in an MTT when a flurry of goals go in or when the league table needs updating is not ideal, hence just the one table.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I play on PP & play PLO8 MTT's.

I'm usually updating the daily forum comp at the same time so I stick to one table. Being deep in an MTT when a flurry of goals go in or when the league table needs updating is not ideal, hence just the one table.

What alias do you use or would you rather keep that quiet, fully understand if you do.
    How do you find their new software and how they are approaching the game in terms of returning it to the rec
  • Options

I'd rather avoid giving my alias as the trolls follow me everywhere & I just want to enjoy my games peacefully, without any aggro. I'm too old for all that nonsense.

The software seems OK to me, though I don't know how it compares to the old software as it's many years since I previously played there. It has a few little software glitches, but nothing to get uppity about & they don't bother me.

As to trying to level the playing field I think they are trying to do a good job.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I'd rather avoid giving my alias as the trolls follow me everywhere & I just want to enjoy my games peacefully, without any aggro. I'm too old for all that nonsense.

The software seems OK to me, though I don't know how it compares to the old software as it's many years since I previously played there. It has a few little software glitches, but nothing to get uppity about & they don't bother me.

As to trying to level the playing field I think they are trying to do a good job.

Fully understand and respect that. GL at the tables and hopefully one day you'll feel comfortable enough to grace the Sky tables again. Just remember for every troll and idiot that doubts your integrity there are a thousand who really appreciate what you do for Sky and poker in general.
  • Options

Thank you very much, appreciated.
  • Options

Session 1 completed and no surprise to see @Smartgoat at every table. I know they say table selection is key to be profitable at cash but this guy or lady sits at every table. Also had @lolufold on every table. Always had him down as one of the better MTT players on here unless I am mistaken so not sure what he was doing at the 20nl tables. All in all an enjoyable couple of hours and a profitable one to add. Now off to bed with a hot chocolate and DCI Ryan (doesn't quite sound right that). What an exciting life I live.

Bankroll £225.03

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Its funny how you can seem to run sooooo bad on one site (SkyPoker) and begin to doubt your ability, fire up another site and boom!

Always disappointing, in a funny way, to finish 2nd, but then on reflection you realise its a great result. Final hand was standard with my AQ not hitting against villain's 7,5 all in pre 😢
  • Options

^^^^^^

So cool.

You do need to learn how to beat 7-5 though.
  • Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    Wp Trebor great result, Tikay when can we expect Sky to come out with their equivalent video recaps of our deep runs?
  • Options

Wp Trebor great result, Tikay when can we expect Sky to come out with their equivalent video recaps of our deep runs?

@loosecamel

Somehow I think you'll actually win an MTT before that happens.
  • Options

Cheers, was nice to get a deep run
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited December 2020
    VWP minty. Alway read your diary but seldom post.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795

Searched for you Oldgit,trainspotter,tightasaducksarse.
    Couldn't find you but I did play marky & he doesn't change.
  • Options
    eon1961 said:

Searched for you Oldgit,trainspotter,tightasaducksarse.
    Couldn't find you but I did play marky & he doesn't change.

@eon1961

Ha, keep trying.

And yes, Marky is there & has not changed one bit, he's awesome to watch but a proper PITA to share a table with. One night he was chippy with 4 times what 2nd place had.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    I deposited on pp about 4 years ago & I now have slightly more than I deposited although I don't play on it very often.If I do play it is mornings when it is quiet on Sky.