You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor:
     A few musings whilst I sit here waiting for my home shopping delivery to arrive. For those of who are sat there thinking how can you, what you allow someone to pick your veg for you. You don't enjoy marching around the shops being banged into by various people who really shouldn't be allowed out in public, never mind be in charge of a shopping trolley. You don't miss the queueing, the being served by Shaz as she tells Trace on the next till how she met Jordan the other night and how wonderful he is. The sound of screaming kids and shouting parents. The shock of the bill as you realise you probably didn't really need half of what you bought. NO, I don't miss any of this. I have to say I have found the whole experience, about 3 months in now, excellent. The veg and fruit is as good as I would pick, the dates are all good, the substitutes are few and far between, I save money on fuel and on my bill as I only buy what I need. I really wouldn't knock it till you try. I have to say despite being in the Green Team of Retail I do use the Blue Team's delivery service as it is superb.  Spent the morning in the garden, planting a few plants and a bit of lawn cutting. One thing that did cross my mind was why do reactolite glasses turn dark the minute they see the sun but then take an age to turn back to normal when you go inside.  Darren Hepworth, the AFC Emley manager for the past 6 years has parted company with the club due to work commitments and he has been replaced with his right hand man Joe Howson. Hopefully this will mean the majority of the squad will stay as this coming year it must be our turn following 2 close misses for promotion. The 2 key players for us to keep hold of will be Jordan Coduri, well capable of playing in a higher league and surprised he didn't go last summer and Ashley Flynn scorer of 46 league goals last season and 54 the season before. Flynn reminds me of a poor man's Robbie Fowler, short, doesn't seem over talented, always in the right place and an unbelievable knack of finishing a chance. He was linked locally last year with Bradford City but nothing came of it so hopefully we can get another year out of him.  I only tend to watch box sets on TV, apart from sport, and I am currently watching Game of Thrones, on Series 3 and thoroughly enjoying it. 3 recent series I would recommend if you haven't caught them are Broadchurch, as good as ever, Little Boy Blue, unbelievably touching and some great acting, and Billions, one of the best I have seen recently and totally engrossing.  Played a few Turbo Bounty Hunters after work last couple of days and nothing spectacular to report. Been a bit unlucky in a couple when I lost out with all-ins pre-flop where I was ahead and the double up would of put me chip leader on the Final Table, but would of got lucky somewhere earlier in the tournie so can't grumble. Had a look at 'PokerSuperHero' and WOW. If you have not had a look you are missing out.  Home Shopping Delivery is here, bang on time, honestly give it a try.  Will be on the tables soon and I'll be playing a few tonight.   Wish me luck.  SKY Poker MTT's Played = 13  Total Profit = -£32.80  Total ROI = -30.43%  Live Poker MTT's Played = 34  Total Profit = £635  Total ROI = 57.57%
    Posted by 68Trebor

cheers trebor.

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,639
    edited May 2017
    Jordan Coduri wont be with you next season after he me shaz off the till in tesco they get married after a whirlwind romance , well , you know what happens next :)
    gl on the tables mate some good scores there
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    edited May 2017
    Good luck for the 3 timer.
    Posted by Tikay10
    We will have to wait and see, work today, work tomorrow and then out in the evening. Our lass and daughter are at a hen do in Dublin for the weekend so it does give me all Sunday to myself so hopefully Sunday will be the 3 timer.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Jordan Coduri wont be with you next season after he me shaz off the till in tesco they get married after a whirlwind romance , well , you know what happens next :) gl on the tables mate some good scores there
    Posted by stokefc
    Yes, Jordan gets bored of Shaz and sleeps with Trace, who happens to be Ashley Flynn's missus, the story is leaked to the press, Flynn gets sold, a Russian Billionaire takes over Emley, Jordan is made captain, Emley become the first club from Yorkshire to win Champions League, Jordan becomes a club legend and in his final game is substituted in the 23rd minute, uncannily his shirt number is 23, and I make a fortune from the bookies. 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,819
    edited May 2017

^^^^

Excellent work, Sir.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Very quick update as got to be up for work at 6am, the joys of retail.
    Well the Hat-Trick has been achieved with my biggest win to date on SkyPoker.
    Took down the Super Sunday Mini £5k Bounty Hunter for £929.93.
    I feel like I am currently playing the best poker of my life so here's hoping for the 4-timer.
    Please wish me luck Tikay, it certainly seems to have worked.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 30
     Total Profit = £1107.02
     Total ROI =
    456.31%

Live Poker MTT's Played = 34
     Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,819
    edited May 2017

^^^^

Good grief - awesome work there.

Err, "good luck with the 4 timer"
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited May 2017
    Nice 1
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Played 5 tournies tonight and made pretty fast exits out of all of them, but with bounties I only showed a loss of approx. £35. Probably shouldn't of played tonight as too tired following last night's late finish and the early start at work this morning. Really chuffed with how the last week has gone on the poker front and know that as well as playing well I have definitely ran well. Will probably play tomorrow night, possibly Wednesday and definitely Thursday as after that I have the weekend from **** at work due to our annual stocktake. On Wednesday I am considering playing live as I should be home from work in time and I am off on Thursday. If I do it will be a toss up between a friendly £15 Limited Rebuy £750 guarantee at Huddersfield Grosvenor or a more serious £30 1 re-entry £2000 guaranteed at Leeds Grosvenor. I mainly play at Huddersfield as it is a much more friendly crowd and I have a good success rate there. Leeds standard of play is higher, but the rewards are greater. We will have to see how I feel as I have to bear in mind I am off to Darwen on Thursday for lunch at the Mother In Laws and if winning it could be  a late night / early morning.
     Good to see Huddersfield go up to the Premier today, but really shows that with the money Villa have spent they should be right up there. The bookies, based on I don't know what, have installed us as early favourites to win The Championship. I think, like last year, it will be a very tough league to get out of. Both Boro and Hull have squads to compete at this level, Norwich will be very strong and then there are the usual suspects of Fulham, Wednesday, Derby, Wolves and Reading. Preston, Brentford and Leeds could all do well as could Sheff Utd on their return to the Championship. As you can see it really is the most competitive league out there.
     Great news that the SPT is back and now that I am comfortable playing live I hope I can make Manchester in August although it will depend on work requirements. Would be really helpful for people like me if there was an Online Day1 alternative to the Live Day 1. Really hope there is a leg in the West Yorkshire area. There are a couple of possible venues I can think of - Victoria Gate, Leeds, although this is linked in some form to PartyPoker: Napoleons in Sheffield, Leeds or Bradford, although the last 2 may be too small: Genting in Sheffield, I believe linked to the IPoker network: Grosvenor in Leeds or Huddersfield, although again linked to their online site. My preference would be Huddersfield but realistically would expect it to be Victoria Gate or Napoleons at Owlerton, Sheffield.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 35
     Total Profit = £1071.21
     Total ROI =
    357.31%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    edited June 2017

Not posted for a week due to a couple of reasons.
     Firstly there hasn't been much to report on the poker front. I've played another 18 tournies and had a couple of respectable returns and a few disasters. Funny how one week every flop seems to go your way and then the following week every river goes against you. Really can't complain after the previous week. I have entered a couple of, and satellited in to a couple of Mains, but have been mainly frustrated through poor play and bad luck to not cash or claim a bounty.
     Secondly it has been our annual stocktake at work. Anybody who has ever worked in a major food retailer will tell you that after Christmas this is the worst week of the year. It basically consists of preparing, and partly counting, the entire stores stock. When you bear in mind that in my store this equates to £3.3M of stock it is not a small job. We then spend the actual day of stock (Today) worrying about the result. The result is determined by 2 figures. The actual loss of stock (Retail Shrink) and more importantly the result after your allowance for shrink (P&L Shrink Charge / Credit). Each Dept Manager is held responsible for their dept result. When you look at the figures it is scary how much shrink, basically theft, there is. In terms of my depts. I was there or there abouts on GM and worse than expected on George.
     The unfortunate news that broke from AFC Emley was the transfer of Ashley Flynn, club legend and the Non League Robbie Fowler, to Yorkshire Amateur who are looking to be the Chelsea of NCEL Div 1. This one piece of activity will seriously dent the promotion hopes of AFC Emley as we lose a guaranteed 35 goal a season striker and see our rivals secure a 35 goal a season striker.
     This Friday I will be off to Barcelona on a 6am flight from Manchester  for a 3 night stag do. Never been to Barcelona so really looking forward to a mini break, although at my age it may be quite hard work, and a bit of sun. 
      Currently resisting the urge to play cash and keep to the tournies but finding it really hard. Is it possible, after many attempts, to learn and beat cash, or should I accept I don't have the game to beat the cash tables and just stick to MTT's.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 52
     Total Profit = £943.01
     Total ROI =
    179.96%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited June 2017
    Barcelona is a fabulous city
  • Options
    edited June 2017

2 pieces of news this afternoon.

1. I must stick to playing no higher than £22 MTT's, got carried away with the balance in my account. Entered the £1500 Quickdraw for £55 last night, didn't run well, lost £55. Must remember I am not Matt Bates, I am 68Trebor. KNOW YOUR LEVEL!

2. As predicted a few weeks ago AFC Emley have not only lost Ashley Flynn, but this morning the very promising Jordan Coduri has left the club to play at a higher level. This lad has a talent and although we don't know who he has signed for I am sure it will be at least a couple of leagues higher than AFC Emley. Good luck to the lad, although it is already looking like a much tougher season for AFC Emley.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 54
     Total Profit = £866.01
     Total ROI =
    141.99%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    edited June 2017

Not played for over a week due to a stag weekend in Barcelona, well Friday - Monday, to be correct and the associated after effects.
     I have to say that Barcelona was not quite what I expected. During the day, weather was 30+ and sunny, there was a nice feel to the place and we spent a day in and around the marina, a day at a hotel pool bar and a day playing bubble football. Probably not the ideal game to play at 2pm in Barcelona in the summer. Its one of those that probably seemed a good idea when it was booked, but after a full 22hrs on the beer the previous day and the site of the teenage locals having to stop for a rest, seemed to have maybe been the wrong choice for something to do. I did survive without throwing the previous day's consumption back up, and in the words of the youngsters within our group I did alright.
     At night, however Barcelona is a completely different animal. We spent the three nights in and around Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter. During this time one of our group had £400 stolen from him at cash machine. He managed to catch the guy, rugby tackle him, and retrieve his wallet only to realise after letting the guy go his wallet was now empty. Another of our group, The Stag, got approached by a lady of the night, who tried to lift his phone, only for him to grab it back of her. All 3 nights we were continually harassed by prostitutes, beggars and people trying to sell us drugs or get us to visit their 'gentlemen's club'. Having lived in London for a few years I thought I had seen a city with a homeless problem but I have never seen anything like Barcelona for the sheer number of people sleeping rough. When you get in the bars or restaurants its a lovely place to be but walking around at night can be quite intimidating.
     Having said all that I wouldn't of missed it for the world, had a right laugh, drank to much Estrella and Gin, sat in the sun too long and ate what I fancied. Have to say though that 3rd night made a **** of difference and it is only now I feel fully recovered.
     As a result I have entered the £22, £1000 Bounty Hunter at 7.30pm and the Main Event tonight.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 54
     Total Profit = £866.01
     Total ROI =
    141.99%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    edited June 2017

What a scorcher. Me and our lass took advantage with approx. 7 mile walk today. Mad dog and Englishmen springs to mind. Possibly it was a bit over ambitious given the heat but we managed it and the well deserved pint at the end made it all worthwhile. For those that know the area we set off from Skelmanthorpe to Scissett and then climbed to High Hoyland, the views are to die for, we then descended to Clayton West and climbed up to Emley before returning to Skelmanthorpe.
     Being feeling a bit overweight lately and have made the decision to watch what I eat over the next few weeks and get back into the routine of cycling 20kms as fast as I can on the highest tension setting on my exercise bike. I will be aiming to do this at least 5 times a week and will record my progress on here as it will keep me motivated. For the record my fastest time is currently 32:12 and I am tipping the scales at 13st 11lbs. Would love to get back to under 13st in time for the week away at a wedding in Italy in august.
     I see that Villa have supposedly upped their wage offer for John Terry. Although I would like to see him sign for us as I think he would definitely bring a winning mentality we have been missing for some time and also be good for the younger defenders in our squad, I don't think that justifies us paying silly money. Then again I would hate the Blues to get one over us by signing him.
     On the poker front I played 3 tournies on Thursday with my best finish being 5th out of 53 in a £500 Bounty Hunter. Me and the Villain had huge stacks, more than 4 times the remaining players. A relatively small stack pushed all-in, I re-shoved with QQ and then the Villain shoved. A on the Turn paired the Villain's AK. To be fair I had got lucky earlier so can't complain, but just know I would of probably took it down with the huge chip stack I would have had if my QQ held.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 63
     Total Profit = £769.70
     Total ROI =
    102.00%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    edited June 2017

Why is poker so frustrating?

Played the MAIN tonight and going along nicely, with about 100 players left I am sat on 37k chips, £47 in bounties banked and I look down at Ad,10d on the button. UTG, been raising with a wide range min raises, good solid reg in mid position with a large stack who has been playing a lot of hands calls, I then bump it to 3 x original raise and lose the UTG but get called by the reg. Flop comes 9d,10s,Ac. Yipee 2 pair. I bet 3/4 pot and get called. Turn 3s, I bet 3/4 pot and get called. Still think I am ahead as surely a set wouldn't like the flop texture and would of acted on the flop. River is 2s. Perfect card all the draws have missed, any big A is committed. I am all-in and get the call. 9s,7s for the back door flush. How can this be. Wouldn't mind if it was a new, unknown player but this was a  solid, winning reg. Am I missing something or is he just much better than me and I really don't get the game.
     Playing the 9:30 £1500 Bounty Hunter, but this hand is really bugging me.
     Somebody please put me out of my misery.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 74
     Total Profit = £711.73
     Total ROI =
    75.90%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,058
    edited June 2017
     Why is poker so frustrating?  Played the MAIN tonight and going along nicely, with about 100 players left I am sat on 37k chips, £47 in bounties banked and I look down at Ad,10d on the button. UTG, been raising with a wide range min raises, good solid reg in mid position with a large stack who has been playing a lot of hands calls, I then bump it to 3 x original raise and lose the UTG but get called by the reg. Flop comes 9d,10s,Ac. Yipee 2 pair. I bet 3/4 pot and get called. Turn 3s, I bet 3/4 pot and get called. Still think I am ahead as surely a set wouldn't like the flop texture and would of acted on the flop. River is 2s. Perfect card all the draws have missed, any big A is committed. I am all-in and get the call. 9s,7s for the back door flush. How can this be. Wouldn't mind if it was a new, unknown player but this was a  solid, winning reg. Am I missing something or is he just much better than me and I really don't get the game.  Playing the 9:30 £1500 Bounty Hunter, but this hand is really bugging me.  Somebody please put me out of my misery.   SKY Poker MTT's Played = 74  Total Profit =  £711.73  Total ROI = 75.90 %  Live Poker MTT's Played = 34  Total Profit = £635  Total ROI = 57.57%  
    Posted by 68Trebor
    If only you could get some luck in another tournament :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I LOVE POKER!

Just took down the £1,500 Quickdraw for £651.08.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 76
     Total Profit = £1296.81
     Total ROI =
    129.20%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    edited June 2017

So day off, jobs done. This entailed pegging out washing, shopping, mowing the lawn and 20km on the bike (34:51 for anyone interested). Decided to have a bit of 'me time' on the tables and played 3 Bounty Hunters. The main success came in the £11, £300 BH where I managed to finish 3rd for a profit of just over £35. Went out when short stacked and re-shoved my A3 on the button into the small blind holding AA. Can't complain really as been running OK last couple of days and as we all know variance evens out over time.
     Just a quick question for SKY regarding satellites. I was wondering if there was any reason why SKY don't allow the holding of Satellite tickets rather than being automatically put into an event.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 7
     Total Profit = £1323.28
     Total ROI =
    129.01%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    edited June 2017

Day off today so thought I would give a quick update this morning.
    The poker has been going well over the last week and the 2 highlights have been a 66/274 in the Main event on Friday. First time I have played this and think there is definitely value to be had. I went with the plan of not rebuying and not adding on so that my total investment was only £22, meaning a couple of bounties should ensure a small loss or even a small profit. I ended up taking a few bounties to gain a £45 profit. I will definitely play this tournie again in the near future. The other decent result was last night when I finished 6th in the Main. I ended up getting it all in, when one of the small stacks, with 55 against 44, only for a 4 to come on the flop. Although gutting at the time I have to remember I got it all in with KK against AA shortly after the bubble to hit my K on the flop. Still searching that elusive Main win, but do think I am playing the best poker of my life at the moment so hope it is only round the corner. Also managed a 26th place in the Mini and was planning what I would be spending the jackpot winnings on, maybe next time.
     I think the main difference in my game has been the ability to take pots when I have nothing. I have become far more adept at reading what other people have and taking less notice of whether I have hit or not. I have also become better at reading other players betting patterns. e.g. Player A always leads out the Flop, checks the Turn, has nothing. Player B always bets small into a suited flop, chasing the flush draw. Along with reading situations better I have also, finally, realised just how important position is. The test will really come when variance kicks in and I go on a losing run. 
     I haven't played live for a good few weeks and was going to remedy this on Friday at my local casino where they have a £30 Triple Chance, £1000 Gtd. An event I have taken down before. My daughter has thrown a spanner in the works and we are now off to Newcastle University on Saturday for an Open Day. As this will mean an early start and the tournie doesn't usually finish until about 3am on Saturday morning I will have to give it a miss. The week after next I have a 5 day beak from work, mainly for a wedding on the Friday, but this should give me the opportunity to play a couple of live games. I will probably play the £30, 1 re-entry, £2k Gtd, at Leeds Grosvenor on the Wednesday and then the £20 Double Chance, £5 Free Bounty, on the Saturday at Huddersfield Grosvenor. This is a great little tournie with every player having a free £5 Bounty on their heads. 
     Been on my bike a couple of times and will be off on it very shortly. The plan is to complete 20km whenever I am on a day off or on a late at work. This should average out at 4 times a week and I am definitely feeling better for it. In terms of the weight I am down to 13st 8lbs this morning. Slowly, slowly catch the monkey.
     Today I will probs play a couple of tournies this afternoon and a few in the early evening. The weather is not the best today so can't really do much and tomorrow I need to be in work for 6ish, another **** visit, so can't be playing the later MTT's today. Just a suggestion SKY but it would be really, really useful for the recreational player, if the normal finishing time of a MTT was posted in the lobby of each tournie as a guide to help decide whether it is viable to play or not with the following days work committments.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 96
     Total Profit = £1507.86
     Total ROI =
    119.20%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    edited June 2017
    Hot online ROI, dude. Very hot. Wpwpwp.