You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor:
    Welcome back and good luck. Are the Emley team colours a coincedence or were you looking for the nearest team that saved you the price of a new scarf?
    Posted by Phantom66
     Just a coincidence, but good knowledge on your part. Chose AFC Emley as nearest decent non league team being under 2 miles from my house. When I first went and saw the kit I knew I had made the right choice. This was only confirmed by the home made Meat and Potato Pie from the Dugout Diner at half time washed down with a pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord from the bar. When you throw in the view of Emley Mast from the main stand it really can't be beaten
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Played 6 MTT's tonight and managed to finish 5th in the 8.15pm £750 Bounty Hunter. Didn't cash in any of the others. Was unlucky in the way I went out getting it All-In pre-flop with QQ versus JJ to see a J on the flop. Would of got me up to 90k with the next stack at 45k. C'est La Poker.
     Having played tonight I realise why I used to like SKY Poker so much. On STARS I have played some MTT's for 8 hours to just get above my buy in back. On SKY Poker the structure, smaller fields and the fact its 6 handed means that you are not playing for hours and hours and definitely suits the working man, recreational player and his lifestyle.
     I wil be back, probably on Wednesday, as working Lates on Monday and Tuesday.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 6
     Total Profit = -£6.23
     Total ROI = -10.89%

Live Poker MTT's Played = 34
     Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,822
    edited May 2017

Hi Bud,

Am I dreaming or is your alias something to do with astronomy? Hope so, or I'm gonna look pretty silly. Also, I seem to recall you worked in retail - Asda maybe? - & were gradually moving upwards.

Good to see this Diary back, it was one of my favourites, as it had great balance.

You live in Skelmanthorpe? Good Lord, you lucky man.

I know that part of the world from many, many, years ago, maybe 1975, 1980, something like that. I did a lot of business in that part of the world (I was in Civil Engineering, construction, reinforced concrete etc), & used to "cut the corner" off the M1 & M62 by turning off the M1 @ Denby Dale, & working my way up via Flockton Moor towards Huddersfield & eventually onto the M62.

I'd leave Huddersfield on the "Outlane" Road, & I seem to recall thinking the sign for  "Outlane" was a road traffic instruction rather than an actual place. I'd emerge onto the M62 near Hartshead Moor, where that dreadful bombing occurred & 12 (?) soldiers were killed when a bomb blew up their coach.

I vividly recall Emley Mast, in fact I recall it's predecessor, which actually collapsed. The new one is, somewhat pleasingly, constructed in RC and is a Listed building. It's actual name is (or used to be) Arqiva Tower. "Arqiva" is a broadcasting & transmission company, & I know them well as the "Green Studio" in Feltham which Sky Poker originally broadcast from for the first 3 or 4 years was owned & run by Arqiva. (Eurosport are still based there).

More twaddle follows......     

• Options
    edited May 2017

People in that neck of the woods speak most strangely, it's like a different language. 

I was the RC sub-Contractor on some Service Reservoirs up near Blackmoorfoot, which is maybe 20 miles west of you. These Service Reservoirs were constructed underground, so as not to impinge on the beauty of the moors. Water collected in them served most of West Yorkshire, including Leeds. You could walk across a field in Linthwaite to this day & not be aware that underneath you there is a giant reinforced concrete service reservoir.

The actual site was in Linthwaite, which is adjacent to Slaithwaite. 

I recall getting lost on my first site visit & stopping to ask a local. That sure went well.

Am I on the right road for Linthwaite?

Tha wa?

Sorry?

Is thee lost lad?

Yes, I'm looking for Linthwaite or Slaithwaite

Do thee mean Linwa & Slawa?

You get the drift, & we continued in this vein for some time. Anyway, I eventually worked out that Linthwaite was pronounced "Linwa" & Slaithwaite "Slawa". There was also a Gunthwaite, or "Gunwa".  

A truly beautiful part of the world - you are a very lucky man.

Apologies for the derail.

• Options
    edited May 2017

I can pretty much date when I was in that area - 1980 & 1981.

I was backing a lad to win the World Snooker Championship, & I'd pop into a bookie in Huddersfield every time I drove past & stick another £10 or £15 on him. I backed him every week for 6 months at all prices down from 33/1, & I think he went off at 4/1 eventually. His name? Steve Davis. It was the biggest win I had ever had at the time.

Makes me sound like a shrewd punter, but at the time, & for many years subsequently I was a complete ice cream, God knows how much money I lost over the years. I then quit sports betting when I discovered poker, & never had another sports bet for 10 years or more. I then resumed betting in 2012, got very lucky to fall in with a bunch of pro sports bettors who taught me the ropes, & I've been a profitable sports bettor ever since, though my race is run now, as most of my Accounts have been closed or severely restricted by the Firms.

Sorry for the ramble, I suddenly had the mood to write, for the first time since my nasty do in March.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,058
    edited May 2017
    Hi Bud, Am I dreaming or is your alias something to do with astronomy? Hope so, or I'm gonna look pretty silly.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Am I the only one really hoping that this gentleman's name is Robert, he was born in 1986, and he thinks he is a bit backward?

Nice to see you posting Mr K, and welcome to 68Trebor
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor : Am I the only one really hoping that this gentleman's name is Robert, he was born in 1986, and he thinks he is a bit backward? Nice to see you posting Mr K, and welcome to 68Trebor
    Posted by Essexphil
    Ha, you won't be alone, no.

I just seem to have some recollection from a previous Diary by 68Trebor - he has had many - that his alias represents the 68th constellation of some galaxy or other.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,058
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor : Ha, you won't be alone, no. I just seem to have some recollection from a previous Diary by 68Trebor - he has had many - that his alias represents the 68th constellation of some galaxy or other.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's on the first page of this one ;)
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited May 2017
    I am going to wildly guess that it signifies the planet Trebor found in the 6th constellation of the 8th planet of Zyran.

No idea where I got that from :)

Welcome back
  • Options
    edited May 2017

BOOMIO
  • Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited May 2017

I just thought he liked mints.
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited May 2017
    Good to hear that you have the software running well now Trebor. I solved my lag years ago by connecting my pc to the modem via an ethernet cable rather than relying on the wifi. That does of course mean I can only play in one location. Fortunately, the modem and all my computer kit is in the lounge next to the telly. I'm told I should be thankfully there isn't a Mrs Quickfeet!

Great to hear Tikay is back on form and entertaining us with tales from past centuries...
  • Options
    edited May 2017

oi, behave yourself Quickfeet.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Emley mast is the tallest freestanding structure in the UK and remarkably the 24th in the world. Next month they start a 4 year project of building a temporary mast next to the original one so that maintenance can be carried out on the original mast. This will result in the original mast being slightly shortened but it will thankfully retain its position at number 1 in the UK but not sure how it will affect its position of 24th in the world. The project is expected to take 4 years to complete as work will be mainly limited to the summer months, as it can get a tad windy up there. This has created a huge amount of local interest with one local hotel/restaurant in Emley Moor constructing a viewing area specifically for the task. The mast has an aura about it and this is particularly true when you look out of our window to see the bottom of the mast invisible and the top peaking out of the clouds. Both I and the wife draw comfort from its presence and know we are nearing home when we see its red lights on the horizon.
     Summer is certainly on the way now as we have seen the return of our annual swallows this morning as they look to nest under the eaves of the surrounding houses.

• Options
    jimb0d1jimb0d1 Member Posts: 660
    edited May 2017
    I used to be able to see the mast from the back garden of my childhood home. Its about 15 miles away from the mast but your right theres definitely an 'aura' about the thing. Made me smile just thinking about it again now.   :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Just a quick update as played 4 Turbo Bounty Hunters after getting in from work tonight. Manages a 5th place in a £11 buy in £400 Bounty Hunter losing my stack to a certain MattBates when I got 55 all in pre against his A,10. 
     It all seems a bit pointless when you hear what's going on in Manchester. As a parent I can only feel for all the children and parents there tonight.  My thoughts go out to everyone there.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 10
     Total Profit = -£18.63
     Total ROI =
    -21.17%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    edited May 2017

A few musings whilst I sit here waiting for my home shopping delivery to arrive. For those of who are sat there thinking how can you, what you allow someone to pick your veg for you. You don't enjoy marching around the shops being banged into by various people who really shouldn't be allowed out in public, never mind be in charge of a shopping trolley. You don't miss the queueing, the being served by Shaz as she tells Trace on the next till how she met Jordan the other night and how wonderful he is. The sound of screaming kids and shouting parents. The shock of the bill as you realise you probably didn't really need half of what you bought. NO, I don't miss any of this. I have to say I have found the whole experience, about 3 months in now, excellent. The veg and fruit is as good as I would pick, the dates are all good, the substitutes are few and far between, I save money on fuel and on my bill as I only buy what I need. I really wouldn't knock it till you try. I have to say despite being in the Green Team of Retail I do use the Blue Team's delivery service as it is superb.
     Spent the morning in the garden, planting a few plants and a bit of lawn cutting. One thing that did cross my mind was why do reactolite glasses turn dark the minute they see the sun but then take an age to turn back to normal when you go inside.
     Darren Hepworth, the AFC Emley manager for the past 6 years has parted company with the club due to work commitments and he has been replaced with his right hand man Joe Howson. Hopefully this will mean the majority of the squad will stay as this coming year it must be our turn following 2 close misses for promotion. The 2 key players for us to keep hold of will be Jordan Coduri, well capable of playing in a higher league and surprised he didn't go last summer and Ashley Flynn scorer of 46 league goals last season and 54 the season before. Flynn reminds me of a poor man's Robbie Fowler, short, doesn't seem over talented, always in the right place and an unbelievable knack of finishing a chance. He was linked locally last year with Bradford City but nothing came of it so hopefully we can get another year out of him.
     I only tend to watch box sets on TV, apart from sport, and I am currently watching Game of Thrones, on Series 3 and thoroughly enjoying it. 3 recent series I would recommend if you haven't caught them are Broadchurch, as good as ever, Little Boy Blue, unbelievably touching and some great acting, and Billions, one of the best I have seen recently and totally engrossing.
     Played a few Turbo Bounty Hunters after work last couple of days and nothing spectacular to report. Been a bit unlucky in a couple when I lost out with all-ins pre-flop where I was ahead and the double up would of put me chip leader on the Final Table, but would of got lucky somewhere earlier in the tournie so can't grumble. Had a look at 'PokerSuperHero' and WOW. If you have not had a look you are missing out.
     Home Shopping Delivery is here, bang on time, honestly give it a try.
     Will be on the tables soon and I'll be playing a few tonight. 
     Wish me luck.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 13
     Total Profit = -£32.80
     Total ROI =
    -30.43%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    edited May 2017

BOOMIO!!!!

Played 1 Bounty Hunter this afternoon whilst sat in the garden, the £300 at 2.30pm.
    Got lucky when down to 3 as got it all in with 77 versus 88 and hit the flush on the river.
    Took it down for a nice £78.74 profit.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 14
     Total Profit = £45.94
     Total ROI =
    40.55%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Another day another 1st.
     Just took down the 7.45pm £11, £500 Bounty Hunter beating 64 players for a profit of £145 .
     I really do think my spell on STARS has improved my game and made me a lot more patient. This became evident when other players on the Final Table were moaning how long it was taking to go from 6 to 5 players and I was thinking this tournie hasn't taken long to get to final table. 

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 24
     Total Profit = £173.99
     Total ROI =
    83.89%

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Good luck for the 3 timer.