You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Markycash diary - It's been a while! Anyone up for Twitch?

Comments

• Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited May 2016
    No problem Craig

Well got a major part of my uni work out the way today (a large essay on attachment theory and developmental disorders for anyone who was curious lol). Just an exam on Monday and them I am done with uni until September and can focus on poker!

Played 5 OH8 DYM's to start this evening and cashed in 3 out of 5 so fine I guess although any profit would have been microscopic.

Played the Mayhem freeroll and cashed for £10 and took 3 bounties, haven't really got going in this promo yet and lost every key pot when down to like 50 players but am slowly creeping up the leaderboard.

Then played the Thursday FOSP OH8 league MTT's (4 of them). Managed to get two 1sts and just didn't get going in the other 2.

All in all £40 odd up which I am happy with for tonight as I wasn't playing any big buy ins or volume and was more just chilling enjoying the league games.

Looking forward to finishing uni so I can get into the poker properly, been back playing for just over a month now but had uni stuff to deal with the whole time which is a little distracting.

Thanks for reading & GL @ the tables!
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited May 2016
    Just thought i'd repeat myself
    This is a great read Mark
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Jac!

Was feeling tired today so had a nap before I played however I just woke up feeling even more tired so that didn't work.

Decided to play the Mayhem freeroll which I played badly in. Player to my left had massively reraised everything I done and I took a race on eventually with them with 77. Might be fine in some tourneys but my stratedgy in these is to very carefully build up a small cushion in a small ball style and then start going after the bounties, not take races on at levels 1 & 2. Was no need to take the race on but I guess that poor decision might go back to the tiredness bit...

Played 12 OH8 DYM's and managed to cash in 9/12 for a £35 profit so cannot grumble. Also some good banter at the tables this evening which always passes the time :)

The final push of uni studying lays ahead of me this weekend and then I am free of those shackles and can try and up my volume of donkings on the poker tables. Am a bit underprepared for the exam on Monday so the number of games I can play will be limited over the weekend while I get to grips with the joys of globalisation, the 'global south', modernity and cosmopolitanism (can't wait) /sarcasm.

Anyways the banter at the tables made it a fun session even though I was feeling a bit tired so thanks for that!

Hope you all have a lovely and profitable weekend & thanks for reading!

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Yet another diary by Markycash:
    Just thought i'd repeat myself This is a great read Mark
    Posted by Jac35
    Hate to agree with the miserable one but I do.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited May 2016
            ^^^^^
    +1
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited May 2016
    Great read , good luck with everything
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    edited May 2016
    Yes enjoying this diary, but please don't write 'stratedgy', it places you on local radio in my head :)

Run good, just not vs me.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Thanks very much folks & my bad bbMike (strategy, strategy, strategy) - okay, think I have it nailed now :D
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Strange night tonight!

I probably shouldn't have played tonight, mentally drained with the studying for Monday's exam so just feeling tired all the time. I don't normally complain like this about 'being tired' (I know people have much bigger problems) but it definitely affected my mindset in terms of playing poker tonight.

Played a bunch of DYM's and was £29 down, wouldn't mind if it was variance but I was just playing hands wrong and doing stuff I wouldn't normally do (just poor strategy, got there in the end bbMike). I know the exact mistakes I was making. There wasn't enough pot control at the early stages, I was playing draws too hard and I was being too lazy to be active and pick up chips in easy spots to maintain my stack.

Still managed somehow to turn the night into another profitable one though winning £30 in the Mayhem freeroll and taking 8 or 9 bounties.

So a whopping £1 profit :D

Going to take tomorrow night off (apart from the Mayhem freeroll as it is the last day of them for the leaderboard). I don't want to play and just go through the motions and I will probably need to cram a lot of boring stuff into my head for Monday!

Will be way more upbeat after Monday, I promise! Really looking forward to having a few months to just play poker without too many distractions and will try and brighten the diary up a bit and put a bit more effort into it :)

As ever, thanks for reading and GL @ the tables!

Off to watch the end of the VLV freeroll then get a nap before the Khan v Alvarez fight :)
  • Options
    ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    edited May 2016
    Strange night tonight! I probably shouldn't have played tonight, mentally drained with the studying for Monday's exam so just feeling tired all the time. I don't normally complain like this about 'being tired' (I know people have much bigger problems) but it definitely affected my mindset in terms of playing poker tonight. Played a bunch of DYM's and was £29 down, wouldn't mind if it was variance but I was just playing hands wrong and doing stuff I wouldn't normally do (just poor strategy , got there in the end bbMike). I know the exact mistakes I was making. There wasn't enough pot control at the early stages, I was playing draws too hard and I was being too lazy to be active and pick up chips in easy spots to maintain my stack. Still managed somehow to turn the night into another profitable one though winning £30 in the Mayhem freeroll and taking 8 or 9 bounties. So a whopping £1 profit :D Going to take tomorrow night off (apart from the Mayhem freeroll as it is the last day of them for the leaderboard). I don't want to play and just go through the motions and I will probably need to cram a lot of boring stuff into my head for Monday! Will be way more upbeat after Monday, I promise! Really looking forward to having a few months to just play poker without too many distractions and will try and brighten the diary up a bit and put a bit more effort into it :) As ever, thanks for reading and GL @ the tables! Off to watch the end of the VLV freeroll then get a nap before the Khan v Alvarez fight :)
    Posted by markycash
    Noooo, you can't abandon uni work. your education is far more important than plo8.
    I suggest you carry on with the school thing (grown up school thingy) 
    The summer is so short in the uk, before you know it, essay's will be needed for September .

Crack on with your studie's, or you will fall behind.
    If you do decide to play poker during the summer,
    you'll only have your self to blame when you fail uni.

Besides i'm so much better than you, 
    come September you'll be broke. 
    Be afraid be very afraid.

Regards Alan (plo8 uni crusher champ) 

• Options
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Yet another diary by Markycash : Noooo, you can't abandon uni work. your education is far more important than plo8. I suggest you carry on with the school thing (grown up school thingy)  The summer is so short in the uk, before you know it, essay's will be needed for September . Crack on with your studie's, or you will fall behind. If you do decide to play poker during the summer, you'll only have your self to blame when you fail uni. Besides i'm so much better than you,  come September you'll be broke.  Be afraid be very afraid. Regards Alan (plo8 uni crusher champ) 
    Posted by ajmilton
    You do make a compelling case AJ!

I might have to mull this one over :) Although it might be problematic keeping the studies going when the uni is closed for the summer lol

Definitely one to ponder though!

Regards Marky (probably donating portions of his bankroll to AJ in the summer)
  • Options
    ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Yet another diary by Markycash : You do make a compelling case AJ! I might have to mull this one over :) Although it might be problematic keeping the studies going when the uni is closed for the summer lol Definitely one to ponder though! Regards Marky (probably donating portions of his bankroll to AJ in the summer)
    Posted by markycash
    Uni  closed, studies are always open.
    besides if you keep playing poker, you won't have the bus fare
    to get to uni...hence fail. 

Regards Alan (plo8 undisputed, end of, champ) 
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    edited May 2016
    Noticed your friend AREZ played some the other night, I mentioned it on Tikays thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Noticed your friend AREZ played some the other night, I mentioned it on Tikays thread.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yeah, I haven't bumped into him at the tables yet.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Yet another diary by Markycash : Uni  closed, studies are always open. besides if you keep playing poker, you won't have the bus fare to get to uni...hence fail.  Regards Alan (plo8 undisputed, end of, champ) 
    Posted by ajmilton
    Oh AJ what are you doing you will scare the fish away ;-) but seriously the games have been good one of the games we played I think it was on thursday marky completely owned me when he knocked me out I didn't know where I was vwp sir it's a good learning curve
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Cheez!

We seem to get into a lot of interesting pots together :) Always challenging, as you don't put up with too much of my shenanigans, but fun playing with you at the tables.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited May 2016

I "met" your mate, AREZ_One yesterday, we shared several tables.

I introduced myself, & we chatted a bit.

In one game where we were 4 handed, 3 of us shared most of the chips @ 150-300, we all had 3000+, & Mr Shortie was in the BB with 390 after paying his SB. I'm in the BB. It's folded round, & Mr Shortie "made up" the SB, leaving himself 240 @ 150-300, & obviously, I set him in. He folded. I think Arez may have arched an eyebrow.

Hope the exam things are going ok.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I "met" your mate, AREZ_One yesterday, we shared several tables .   I introduced myself, & we chatted a bit. In one game where we were 4 handed, 3 of us shared most of the chips @ 150-300, we all had 3000+, & Mr Shortie was in the BB with 390 after paying his SB. I'm in the BB. It's folded round, & Mr Shortie "made up" the SB, leaving himself 240 @ 150-300, & obviously, I set him in. He folded. I think Arez may have arched an eyebrow. Hope the exam things are going ok.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha I still havn't seen him at the tables here and havn't played with Arez (Pat) for probably 5 years or so (met up with him and had lunch 18 months ago but we haven't played poker together in quite some time). Will be strange playing a table with him again!

Studies are done! So happy to be done (will make a post later tonight after playing my evening session). Hoping to utterly alter my playing schedule and turn up the heat etc etc etc.

Hope all is going well with you Tikay and that you are cleaning up @ the tables!
  • Options
    onejohnbonejohnb Member Posts: 193
    edited May 2016
    Not a regular visitor to the forum but think you may have just changed that. Fantastic read and keep it up sir.
  • Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Yet another diary by Markycash : Ha I still havn't seen him at the tables here and havn't played with Arez (Pat) for probably 5 years or so (met up with him and had lunch 18 months ago but we haven't played poker together in quite some time). Will be strange playing a table with him again! Studies are done! So happy to be done (will make a post later tonight after playing my evening session). Hoping to utterly alter my playing schedule and turn up the heat etc etc etc. Hope all is going well with you Tikay and that you are cleaning up @ the tables!
    Posted by markycash
    Not if i have anything to do with it, great read marky