You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Another one bites the dust.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,814
    Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Sad to hear Chester Barnes died of a heart attack last night :/

ex-Table Tennis World Champion ......and latterly Assistant Trainer to the GREAT Martin Pipe

Can you put a piccy up please Tony's @Tikay10 @HAYSIE

@MISTY4ME

You, HAYSIE & me are all old enough to remember him from his Table Tennis days;

True.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,981
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Sad to hear Chester Barnes died of a heart attack last night :/

ex-Table Tennis World Champion ......and latterly Assistant Trainer to the GREAT Martin Pipe

Can you put a piccy up please Tony's @Tikay10 @HAYSIE

@MISTY4ME

You, HAYSIE & me are all old enough to remember him from his Table Tennis days;

True.
    As a kid, I played an exhibition match against Chester Barnes at a holiday camp. I was a reasonable table tennis player. He beat me 21-2.

Not surprising, you might think. Except he was playing with a wine glass :)
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    Racing driver and Top Gear star Sabine Schmitz has died aged 51. The German, widely known as the "Queen of the Nürburgring", had suffered a long illness with cancer.

Such a shame, probably not known by all but a real character for us petrolheads. I remember on Top Gear when Clarkson was really proud of his lap of the Nurburgring in a Jaguar, she said "I tell you something, I'll do that lap time in a van," and she very nearly did too!

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,810

@Enut

I never knew you was into motor racing?

Just cars, or Moto GP as well?
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,123
    Enut said:

Racing driver and Top Gear star Sabine Schmitz has died aged 51. The German, widely known as the "Queen of the Nürburgring", had suffered a long illness with cancer.

Such a shame, probably not known by all but a real character for us petrolheads. I remember on Top Gear when Clarkson was really proud of his lap of the Nurburgring in a Jaguar, she said "I tell you something, I'll do that lap time in a van," and she very nearly did too!

She was an occasional presenter of Top Gear after the departure of Clarkson, May and Hammond, and came across as knowledgeable, witty and intelligent. Something many Top Gear presenters found difficult. The time she withered Chris Evans with one look was brilliant.

A friend of mine met her when he was over at the Nurburgring during testing for an upcoming touring car season. He said she was absolutely brilliant both on the track and also with fans.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    Tikay10 said:

@Enut

I never knew you was into motor racing?

Just cars, or Moto GP as well?

More just a fan of nice cars and driving, not that there's been a lot of that in the last year. I do watch Moto GP too now and again, those blokes are just mad!
    In Pictures: Peter Lorimer, former Leeds and Scotland midfielder, dies aged 74

Frank Worthington: Former England striker dies aged 72 following long illness

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,123
    One of those superb flair players that England managers always seemed reluctant to pick, but instead went with the safe choices.

Imagine an England with, Worthington, Bowles, Currie, Hudson etc

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,004
    Great player and a great person,
    lucy4 said:

Great player and a great person,

Yes I met him once, a real nice guy, and very entertaining.

An old boss of mine was chairman of a Welsh League team, and he booked him for an after dinner speech.
    The plan was that after the speech we would visit a couple of bars, for some late night drinking.
    I was entrusted with getting him to the various bars, and making sure he didnt get lost.
    He had some great stories, and was very partial to a drink
    Many of his stories were about sneaking out of back doors, or staff entrances of various hotels, when they were supposed to be in bed, and playing the following day.
    England games were included, and many involved women, sometimes multiple women.
    Oscar-nominated actor George Segal dies at age 87 'due to complications from bypass surgery'

One of those superb flair players that England managers always seemed reluctant to pick, but instead went with the safe choices.

Imagine an England with, Worthington, Bowles, Currie, Hudson etc

Flamboyant Frank Worthington's club-record move to Liverpool fell through in 1972 after Bill Shankly made the mistake of sending him to Majorca for 'rest and relaxation'... He was part rock star, part footballer

Worthington died at the age of 72 on Monday, another one of our most beloved players gripped at the end by the evil of dementia. The stories he leaves behind are those of a rare attacking talent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9394597/Farewell-Frank-Worthington-rock-star-footballer.html
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157
    SAD NEWS for Horse Racing enthusiasts :/

Leading Owner, Breeder and Deputy Leader of DuBai has died.

R.I.P. Sheik Hamdan Al Maktoum

Any pic's @Tikay10 @HAYSIE
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,810
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157
    edited March 2021
    Tikay10 said:
    Thanks Tony

That looks a bit like BATTAASH .......probably second best Sprinter he owned, after DAYJUR
  • OSCAR66OSCAR66 Member Posts: 577
    yes that's Battaash, pictured after winning the Nunthorpe

MISTY4ME said:

SAD NEWS for Horse Racing enthusiasts :/

Leading Owner, Breeder and Deputy Leader of DuBai has died.

Any pic's @Tikay10 @HAYSIE

Fell asleep.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,004
    Paul Ritter: Friday Night Dinner and Harry Potter star dies of brain tumour aged 54.

The actor was widely loved for his portrayal of dad Martin Goodman in the successful Channel 4 TV show.

The actor, who also starred in Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, the acclaimed TV series Chernobyl and the James Bond film Quantum Of Solace, died at home with his family by his side.

His agent said: "It is with great sadness we can confirm that Paul Ritter passed away last night peacefully at home with his wife Polly and sons Frank and Noah by his side.

"He was 54 and had been suffering from a brain tumour.He was fiercely intelligent, kind and very funny.We will miss him greatly."

In Channel 4's Friday Night Dinner, Ritter played the quietly-suffering, often shirtless, hard-of-hearing husband and dad Martin Goodman.

His widely-acclaimed role as Anatoly Dyatlov, the deputy chief engineer at the nuclear power plant in Chernobyl, led to the five-part miniseries becoming the best-rated show ever on global movie and TV website IMDb - and hailed as "the greatest drama of all time".

In Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, he played wizard Eldred Worple.

Ritter is due to appear in the Friday Night Dinner 10th anniversary episode, which will air on Channel 4 later this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaztT6oQmhQ
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 896
    R.I.P Prince Philip.. passed away last night