You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Another one bites the dust.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,944
    Paul Mariner: Former England international dies aged 68
    Paul Mariner scored 13 goals in 35 games for England and made two substitute appearances at the 1980 European Championship in Italy; Mariner won both the FA Cup and UEFA Cup with Ipswich Town and also enjoyed spells at Plymouth, Arsenal and Portsmouth during his playing career

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,159
    edited July 2021
    A very sad day in Horse Racing with GALILEO having to be put down at the age of 23. :/:'(

A GREAT Racehorse, he WON the 2001 DERBY.....and arguably the Best Stallion of all time too
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    RIP Andy 'The Viking' Fordham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/57856227
    MISTY4ME said:

A very sad day in Horse Racing with GALILEO having to be put down at the age of 23. :/:'(

A GREAT Racehorse, he WON the 2001 DERBY.....and arguably the Best Stallion of all time too

Revealed: 4,000 racehorses have been dispatched to the slaughterhouse since 2019 - with some of the sport's most successful horses among those being put down

Undercover filming by Panorama revealed that rules protecting animals from unnecessary suffering were being ignored.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9800933/A-shocking-4-000-racehorses-dispatched-slaughterhouse-2019.html
    Hillsborough's 97th victim: Devastated family and Liverpool pay tribute to Andrew Devine, 55, as he dies 32 years after suffering horrendous injuries in disaster

ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill, 72, dies at his Houston home just days after dropping out of shows due to a hip injury

Dusty Hill, a bassist for the band ZZ Top, died in his sleep while at home in Houston, Texas, according to his band mates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard, who shared the news on Wednesday.
    Former Leeds and England defender Terry Cooper - who scored the winner in the 1968 League Cup final win over Arsenal - dies aged 77

The left-back, who won 20 caps for England, played 351 times for the club between 1964 and 1975, scoring 11 times. One of those was the winning goal in the 1968 League Cup final against Arsenal.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    HAYSIE said:

Former Leeds and England defender Terry Cooper - who scored the winner in the 1968 League Cup final win over Arsenal - dies aged 77

The left-back, who won 20 caps for England, played 351 times for the club between 1964 and 1975, scoring 11 times. One of those was the winning goal in the 1968 League Cup final against Arsenal.

He was my favourite player when I was a young boy, don't remember why it was him.
    edited August 2021
    rabdeniro said:

HAYSIE said:

He was my favourite player when I was a young boy, don't remember why it was him.
    rabdeniro said:

HAYSIE said:

A great player, in a brilliant team, during the most successful period in their history.
    Ex-Chelsea star Michael Ballack's son Emilio, 18, 'is killed in quad bike crash on holiday near one of the German footballer's homes in Portugal'

Gerd Muller: Bayern Munich's German legend dies aged 75

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,159
    edited August 2021
    Just announced that SEAN LOCK has sadly passed away at just 58 after battling Cancer.

One of the funniest Comedians on TV

Rest in Peace and Happiness

Any pic's please
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030

@MISTY4ME

I was not really familiar with him or his work, but 58 is way too young.

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    MISTY4ME said:

Just announced that SEAN LOCK has sadly passed away at just 58 after battling Cancer.

Any pic's please

That is a shock. No age. RIP.

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    MAXALLY said:

MISTY4ME said:

Any pic's please

That is a shock. No age. RIP.

Jesus, really funny guy and a sad loss. Leaves a wife and 3 kids. Cancer is ****.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Apparently Sean Lock was even funnier off stage than on, which takes some doing!

RIP Sean Lock. The guy was a legend.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,021
    Brian Travers: UB40 saxophonist and songwriter dies at 62

UB40 saxophonist and co-songwriter Brian Travers, one of the founding members of the chart-topping reggae group, has died at the age of 62.

His bandmates said they were "devastated" by the news about "our comrade, brother, founding UB40 member and musical legend".

They said he had endured a "long and heroic battle with cancer".

He had surgery to remove two brain tumours in 2019 and reportedly had another operation earlier this year.

Travers was a key part of the UB40 line-up as a saxophone player, arranger and lyricist.

The group, from Birmingham, found success in 1980 with Food For Thought, their first UK top 10 single, before having hits with I Think It's Going to Rain Today, One in Ten and covers of Red Red Wine and I Got You Babe.

In total, they have recorded 39 UK top 40 singles and 28 top 40 albums, and sold 100 million albums worldwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBZ6ygWk7I&list=OLAK5uy_nS4y7jzjDaHqgPtIf5s8klmqbGRhAoRd4&index=19
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030

RIP Charlie.