You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Another one bites the dust.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,548

I'm very confused. Time to take my medication.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,175
    Tikay10 said:

Me too.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

The Independent
    Columbo actor Peter Falk dies
    Duration: 00:53 1 day ago
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited September 2021
    He died June 23rd 2011

RIP (still) :'(

Tony @Tikay10 was closest
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    They thought he had died.

Then he turned back and said:-

"Just 1 more thing"...
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Essexphil said:

They thought he had died.

Then he turned back and said:-

"Just 1 more thing"...

:D
  • Options
    VespaPX said:
    I think so too.
    Particularly as all the evidence seems to have disappeared.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

He has risen Lazarus like, and reappeared on the caught on camera thread.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    One of my boyhood heroes. 2 quick stories in tribute, 1 well-known, 1 not.

Saint & Greavsie. Years ahead of its time. What Soccer Am is desperate to be. And isn't.
    Favourite gag (on the day of the Boat Race):-

Greavsie:-I don't like Rowing"
    Saint:-"Why not?"
    Greavsie: I don't trust any sport that think it is funny to dip their cox in the water"

And 1 from my early childhood. My father (sadly) had similar problems with alcohol. I spent a fair bit of my childhood in cars outside pubs. One Saturday (in about 1969) I was sat outside the Valentine in Gants Hill. My dad then came out, and said the Landlord said I could sit inside, as long as I was very quiet.

The reason soon became obvious-Jimmy Greaves was sat at a table opposite, devouring Steak & Kidney pud with chips etc, and downed 2 or 3 Guinnesses. Landlord says "Do you want another pint, Mr Greaves". Answer:-"no, I'd better get up the Lane-we kick off in an hour and a half". He scored that day, too.

Different times.
  • Options
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

One of my boyhood heroes. 2 quick stories in tribute, 1 well-known, 1 not.

Saint & Greavsie. Years ahead of its time. What Soccer Am is desperate to be. And isn't.
    Favourite gag (on the day of the Boat Race):-

Greavsie:-I don't like Rowing"
    Saint:-"Why not?"
    Greavsie: I don't trust any sport that think it is funny to dip their cox in the water"

And 1 from my early childhood. My father (sadly) had similar problems with alcohol. I spent a fair bit of my childhood in cars outside pubs. One Saturday (in about 1969) I was sat outside the Valentine in Gants Hill. My dad then came out, and said the Landlord said I could sit inside, as long as I was very quiet.

The reason soon became obvious-Jimmy Greaves was sat at a table opposite, devouring Steak & Kidney pud with chips etc, and downed 2 or 3 Guinnesses. Landlord says "Do you want another pint, Mr Greaves". Answer:-"no, I'd better get up the Lane-we kick off in an hour and a half". He scored that day, too.

Different times.

• Options
    Last of the Summer Wine actor Robert Fyfe, best known for playing Howard in the BBC sitcom, dies aged 90
    Actor, 90, was best known for role in beloved sitcom Last of the Summer Wine
    Robert played Howard, the husband of battleaxe Pearl Sibshaw from 1985 - 2010
    His agent confirmed his death today, weeks after wife Diana, leaving three sons

• Options
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

3 left.
  • Options
    Bernard Tapie: French tycoon, 78, died peacefully, his family said

• Options
    James Brokenshire dies aged 53 after battle with cancer

• Options
    Oz and Homicide: Life On The Streets star Granville Adams dies at 58 following a battle with cancer

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited October 2021

Without this man, unlikely Preston would have a football club and certainly not one in the Championship RIP Trevor Hemmings. Also following his horses in the Grand National worked out well.

"Since buying the club, share issues - his favoured way of investing - has totalled around £37m.

He was a major figure on the horse racing circuit, owning three Grand National winners - Hedgehunter in 2005, Ballabriggs in 2011 and Many Clouds in 2015.

Born in Woolwich, London, Hemmings moved to Lancashire as a youngster with his family and settled in the Leyland area.

Hemmings made his fortune in the building trade and twice owned holiday camp chain Pontin's.

His business empire included housing and the hospitality sector. For a time he was owner of Blackpool Tower.

In recent years Hemmings had been based in the Isle of Man, controlling his business interests from there.

He attended most of North End's home games until the pandemic and over the last few months had re-started his regular visits to PNE's training ground at Euxton.

According to the latest Sunday Times Rich List published in May this year, Hemmings was worth £1.115 billion – a gain of £90 million compared to 2020.

Hemmings was heavily involved in charitable organisations.

A project close to his heart was Rainbow House, a conductive education centre in Mawdsley, near Chorley, which supports children with disabilities." (from lancashire evening post)