You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SPT Brighton LIVE UPDATE

Comments

• eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    cooler m8 ul
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315
    eon1961 said:

cooler m8 ul

Thanks Mr E.

It was the perfect spot really, exactly the coup I was hoping for.

Really enjoyed myself today, just as I did at SPT Manchester.

Anyway, that leaves me free to Update all day Sunday.
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,538
    get your chips back there were two queens of spades in the deck :)
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    Call the floor, there two Qs
  • samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445

Just been sent this of little and large! Can you guess who the two lovers are?
  • day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912

Just been sent this of little and large! Can you guess who the two lovers are?

Greg has taken a stretch ;) .

Two super lads hope they have a great weekend.
  • samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445
    EvilPingu said:

Hi Tikay,

Is there going to be any announcement about the location of the next leg over the weekend?

All i read there was leg over, sorry son... You are way yoo young to be thinking of girls, maybe when you're 12 :)
  • weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,686
    edited November 2017
    These new por n sites are a bit to strange for me 😃😃😃
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Thought Tikay was getting a bit loose with his hand should stick to playing AA and KK and folding everything else.
    DoyleBrun said:

Thought Tikay was getting a bit loose with his hand should stick to playing AA and KK and folding everything else.

Morning Doyle.

Yes, I'm getting wayyyyyyy too loose. That's the 2nd SPT a row I've exited with Q-Q, I really must tighten up.
    A very good morning to you all.

I hope a few of you will follow today's live update. We'll start (mainly) with photos, & then as the field thins, we'll look more at hands played, & chip counts.

60 players survived yesterday, exactly the same as Friday, so we have 120 returning for Day 2. One chap has 200 chips, so he'll do well to survive very long, one imagines.
    I was thinking of running a "what time will it finish?" sweep, however, there is a possibility that we may remove a level or two, as we don't really want our players here until 3 or 4am, so I'm not sure if it's right & proper to run a time-based sweep.
    Chip counts will be up before play starts, we still await the chip counts from the Venue, who are currently setting up the tables & chips.
    I can tell you that the chip leader is Sky James, who also made the Final at SPT Manchester. I believe he has over 400,000. (Will confirm shortly).

Before he worked at Sky Poker, James played poker full-time, & was a Supernova Elite at 'Stars. He is very good, trust me. At Sky poker his responsibilities include optimising the MTT Schedule, under the direction of Sam. James has done a wonderful job, too, saving a fortune in Overlay in the last year without adversely affecting traffic. He really does know what he is doing, & understands poker site dynamics very well indeed. It's rather a shame his excellent work is being so misunderstood on another thread, but I don't think it bothers him too much, as The Business can all see what a good job he is doing.

At Manchester, he had one of the most brutal exits you could ever imagine, when his flopped set of Kings was beaten on the K-2-5 flop. Hard to lose from there, but poker's a funny old game.

The tables are being prepared right now, with the players chips all placed in the correct seats.

Unlike most venues, they do not "bag up" at close of play here, which is very unusual in my experience - & it's quite a task. So, this morning, they have to allocate the correct sized stacks to all 120 players.

• rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 618
    Tikay10 said:

I can tell you that the chip leader is Sky James, who also made the Final at SPT Manchester. I believe he has over 400,000. (Will confirm shortly).

Before he worked at Sky Poker, James played poker full-time, & was a Supernova Elite at 'Stars. He is very good, trust me. At Sky poker his responsibilities include optimising the MTT Schedule, under the direction of Sam. James has done a wonderful job, too, saving a fortune in Overlay in the last year without adversely affecting traffic. He really does know what he is doing, & understands poker site dynamics very well indeed. It's rather a shame his excellent work is being so misunderstood on another thread, but I don't think it bothers him too much, as The Business can all see what a good job he is doing.

At Manchester, he had one of the most brutal exits you could ever imagine, when his flopped set of Kings was beaten on the K-2-5 flop. Hard to lose from there, but poker's a funny old game.

I agree 100% with this sky James has done a top job at sky he always asks what u think and stuff. Can tell he knows the game. I didn’t no he played to supernova elite level. Gl James. Quick shout to all the sky team really are good fun SPTs. See u all at the next one boys.
    Whilst we await Kirsty typing up the chip counts - a nightmare task - a few selected names follow shortly;
    edited November 2017
    Ronnie de Beaulox (77,600) is a blast from the past. You pronounce his name as if it were French.

We used to call him Racing Ronnie, as he liked a bet on the horses. He used to live - maybe still does - on Lingfield Racecourse, or so the story goes. Him & Ed Giddens were "running mates" & were usually seen in each other's company.

Sky Sam has 46,400, no idea how.