You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,368
    Last week:-19-2
    This week:-19-1

Getting there-sloooowly
    Manchester may not be slimming this weekend....gl all
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    edited February 2018
    Starting 18.4
    Week one 18.0
    Week two 18.1

Took a picture but its on my phone not iPad, not to unhappy with that as I've had a bad week (not tough as the choices have been mine). Looking back the last two weeks were always going to be challenging, not just the conference but it's half term this week and also my anniversary which is the only time of the year the wife and I do something for ourselves and spoil each other. I'm actually quite pleased that I'm still 3lb under starting.

Back to work on Monday, in fact I've got an internal job interview for a position that I really want. Certainly a reason to get the llbs off.

Goodluck all at SPT and learn to embrace the variance for fat club as much as the cards.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,286

In an effort to gain an edge, I weighed myself sideways this week. Never helped much though.

• Options

Update after week 6;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 1 stone & 3lbs in 6 weeks.

Once the initial super-flab had gone, it was always going to slow down. Guess 1lb per week - at best - is all I can hope for now.

The upcoming week may even see a small gain - 3 days up at SPT Manchester means I can't adhere to my very specific diet routine. Can't be helped.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Bit gutted.

+2 lbs this week.

Not unexpected - dose of the manflu has kept me inactive but I have still been eating including valentines and pancake day where I definitely went over on the calories.

Still -5lb overall.

Getting over the cold so will be out more this week looking to get the 2lb back at the least.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    Update:

Start weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last week: 18st 9lbs
    Current Weight (week 6):

I feared the worst after a calorie laden 3 course birthday meal for my daughter earlier in the week. Was expecting to have put more than a pound on so no real complaints. However, it is a slightly annoying considering it was just the one treat night and I have done 5x 30 min sessions of Hiit but hey ho it is what it is.

Must do better.

Total loss: 13lbs

Still smoke free which is always an added bonus.

Wishing anybody who is attending the SPT this weekend the best of luck. Have a great weekend.

• Options
    We must be the worst fat club in the world 😂
  • Options

^^^^^

Ha, you might be right.

We won't be giving up though, & we'll have a few success stories by the time we have done.
  • Options
    Let's not write ourselves off yet. There was always going to be the odd bad week for most of us. I agree with @Tikay10 and expect a good number of us to hit our goals.
  • Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    edited February 2018
    Sorry to report another fail this week. Was expected due to half term and a few days/meals out:

Results:
    Week 1: 15st 9lbs
    Week 2: 15st 5lbs
    Week 3: 15st 3lbs
    Week 4: 15st 3lbs (well just over but I’m not counting in half pounds!)

Didn’t gain any significant weight which is a plus. Put this down to more exercise and keeping on with the water - would recommend this to anyone, think this has definitely cut down on random snacking as drinking the water takes away the urge (usually!). It’s a marathon not a sprint so business as usual next week

Good luck to all the fellow losers playing the SPT this weekend!

• Options
    waller02 said:

Let's not write ourselves off yet. There was always going to be the odd bad week for most of us. I agree with @Tikay10 and expect a good number of us to hit our goals.

I'll put put a ew more smilies next time 😘
  • Options
    omm said:

waller02 said:

I'll put put a ew more smilies next time 😘
    I know it was a tongue in cheek comment mate, no worries.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Well done all. I know there have been mixed results this week but everyone seems to be keeping the reports coming and after such a strong start there were bound to be some challenging weeks.

I had my worst week thus far and gained 2lb (up to 17st 5lbs). I had a horror week and thought it would be worse to be honest. Still a 3lb loss overall.

It is not the easiest time for me to be trying to lose weight and quit smoking. Things are beyond hectic but, rather than use it as an excuse, I will do what I can and hopefully at least break under 16 stone by the summer holidays and then really up the tempo when I have time on my hands.
  • Options
    Down 2lbs to 17st 3lbs for a 5lb overall loss.

Have been substituting some of the cans of coke for fruit smoothies this week and trying a little harder generally.

Would like to break the 17st barrier within the next 4 weeks.

Still smoking too much though...

Hope you are all doing well!
  • Options
    markycash said:

Down 2lbs to 17st 3lbs for a 5lb overall loss.

Have been substituting some of the cans of coke for fruit smoothies this week and trying a little harder generally.

Would like to break the 17st barrier within the next 4 weeks.

Still smoking too much though...

Hope you are all doing well!

Well done mate.

Bound to be occasional disappointments, but it's a long term thing, & 5lbs is a really good start.

Another 3lb in the next 4 weeks is definitely a reasonable goal. You can do it.
  • Options

Update after week 7;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 1 stone & 4lbs in 7 weeks.

Quite pleased with that, SPT Manchester was a real challenge for the diet. 14 & 15 hour days are tiring, so "fuel" is needed, & I had full English breakfasts for 4 days running, plus a really bad evening meal each night - fried chicken & chips, as nothing else available at 2am.

When I got back home I upped the exercise to 3 walks per day, & modified my daily intake slightly, cutting down on grapes & strawberries, but adding 2 bananas per day, which helps with energy. Bananas are amazing, they induce the most explosive & satisfying flatulence, which is OK if you live alone.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,368
    Very well done, Tony-and saving on your heating bill, too! Always appear taller when hovering a few inches above the floor

Me: start:20-2
    Last week 19-1
    This week 19-1

Considering the liquid/fried diet last weekend, ok. Now I want to feel "18" again...
  • Options
    omm said:

Starting 18.4
    Week one 18.0
    Week two 18.1

Took a picture but its on my phone not iPad, not to unhappy with that as I've had a bad week (not tough as the choices have been mine). Looking back the last two weeks were always going to be challenging, not just the conference but it's half term this week and also my anniversary which is the only time of the year the wife and I do something for ourselves and spoil each other. I'm actually quite pleased that I'm still 3lb under starting.

Back to work on Monday, in fact I've got an internal job interview for a position that I really want. Certainly a reason to get the llbs off.

Goodluck all at SPT and learn to embrace the variance for fat club as much as the cards.

Week 3 18.4

Oh dear, all in my mindset, didn’t get the job I was going for and like any weak person I couldnt give a toss after that. Haven’t excersised in a week and today was the first day I ate porridge (makes a big difference to how hungry I feel).

Positive is that I still wanted to update rather than shy away. Not sure how to snap out of it.
  • Options
    omm said:

omm said:

Starting 18.4
    Week one 18.0
    Week two 18.1

Week 3 18.4

Oh dear, all in my mindset, didn’t get the job I was going for and like any weak person I couldnt give a toss after that. Haven’t excersised in a week and today was the first day I ate porridge (makes a big difference to how hungry I feel).

Positive is that I still wanted to update rather than shy away. Not sure how to snap out of it.
    Great that you still posted omm. It is a long and winding journey so there are bound to be a few twists and turns along the way. Hope things improve on the job front!
  • Options
    @Tikay10 - Very impressive mate, even more so considering that you were thrown off your normal routine due to the SPT.