You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250

WEIGH-IN DAY

• Options
    edited February 2018

Update after week 5;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight today = 13st 10lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 1 stone & 2lbs in 5 weeks.

I've rounded up again, as per my "rules".

The weekly weight loss progression is;

6lbs

5lbs

1lb

2lb

2lb

Am I pleased with that? You bet I am. It gets tougher to lose lbs as the weight drops, so another 2lb is as good as I dare hope. In fact it was slightly less, due to my "rounding up" policy, but those are the swings & swongs.

I've upped the daily exercise this week, that has really helped, & I feel better for it.

For context, when I walk or exercise, I have 16lbs less to lug around. Makes a proper difference that.

16lbs is 8 of these that I no longer have to carry around with me.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    Great work @Tikay10.

Every right to be pleased with that, fantastic effort.
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    Well done all, just on my way back from work conference, a great time was had and although I'm tee total I did have a dessert or two. Done some dancing last night so hopefully that will help even it out. That being said sober dancing is no where near as fun as drunk dancing, seem to have less rhythm.

Anyway I'll weight in tmrw morning as planned this week.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Starting Weight 15st 2lb

Week 1 14st 13lb
    Week 2 14st 11lb
    Week 3 14st 12lb
    Week 4 14st 9lb
    Week 5 14st 9lb

0lb for the week and still -7lb overall

Hit a plateau, but was expecting it after a difficult week.

Gives me more to do to hit the 14st 7lb target for SPT weekend but it is doable.

Anyway already carrying the equivalent of 2x1.5l bottles of pop less weight around and the side on view of my stomach is a big improvement on the start of the year.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Starting Weight 15st 2lb

Week 1 14st 13lb
    Week 2 14st 11lb
    Week 3 14st 12lb
    Week 4 14st 9lb
    Week 5 14st 9lb

0lb for the week and still -7lb overall

Hit a plateau, but was expecting it after a difficult week.

Gives me more to do to hit the 14st 7lb target for SPT weekend but it is doable.

Anyway already carrying the equivalent of 2x1.5l bottles of pop less weight around and the side on view of my stomach is a big improvement on the start of the year.

That's EXACTLY how to look at it, imo, great motivation tool, that.

Well done Phants.
  • Options
    Well done Phantom. Good luck hitting your target for the SPT
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    markycash said:

Been a good week... Job done!

I knew that wasn't you. The nail varnish isn't your colour.

I pop into this thread now and again to see how you're all getting on. Well done all, some really good starting weight losses, remember it's a marathon not a sprint and also remember that if you are getting more active you may be turning fat into muscle which weighs more, so the scales might not tell the whole truth about how much fitter and healthier you are.

Keep up the good work.

Early finish at work today and out to walk two german shepherd dogs around a very, very wet wood. It's more like a SAS assault course at the moment, it's certainly one way of not getting fat!

• Options
    Weigh day:

Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last Week: 18st 12lbs
    Current Weight (Week 5):

Really pleased this week. The hard work (and lack of alcohol) seems to be paying off. Feels great to have lost that first stone, just another 3 stone to go. Piece of cake......mmmmm cake.

Total loss: 1 Stone :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Don't know why the photo is sideways on today. Just tilt your head.

Forgot to add that I am still smoke free too.
  • Options
    Starting Weight 18.4
    Today's weight in (1day late):

Really pleased with that as I know I can do better.

Bowl of porridge to celebrate - living the dream.

Congrats on the first stone Waller, don't you think it makes such a difference to how you feel particularly at our weight?

• Options
    waller02 said:

Don't know why the photo is sideways on today. Just tilt your head.

Forgot to add that I am still smoke free too.

Well that is tremendous, congrats for doing both at the same time.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Well done to waller for joining the "1 stone lost - so far" Club.

Tremendous effort that, congrats. Especially so as doing it in parallel with the stop puffing. Incred really.

In a way, whilst weight loss will slow now, it gets easier once you can see & feel the benefits, & that tummy roll over the trousers thing eases.

Everyone - or almost everyone - seems to be doing well. I'll try & summarise everyone's progress when I get time.

• Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    Did weigh in yesterday but didn’t have time to post an update as busy at work and one of the kids is ill so was chaos at home! Managed to weigh in yesterday and slight drop from last week, this week ahead looking busy with half term so diet might take a wrong turn, will try and do more exercise to compensate if things stay the same by Friday will be happy

Results:
    Week 1: 15st 9lbs
    Week 2: 15st 5lbs
    Week 3: 15st 3lbs

• Options
    Oh dear, been a bad couple of days at my mum and dad's, proper Irish parents, wouldn't take no for an answer 🤥.
  • Options

Well done @IH8UButler , good solid progress there.

Ommy? Bound to be setbacks, bad weeks etc, just gotta get back on the grind. You can do it mate.
  • Options
    omm said:

Oh dear, been a bad couple of days at my mum and dad's, proper Irish parents, wouldn't take no for an answer 🤥.

I've had a bad evening's feed too as it was my daughter's birthday. It's a special occasion though so I'm not going to beat myself up, one rare treat won't be too bad in the long run.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    waller02 said:

omm said:

I've had a bad evening's feed too as it was my daughter's birthday. It's a special occasion though so I'm not going to beat myself up, one rare treat won't be too bad in the long run.
    Think this will be a bad week for me too folks.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

omm said:

Don't worry about the odd bad week Ryan, as you say, it's the long term that matters. You can't spoil your daughter's birthday.

I should be ok this week, but next week will be bad as I am up at the SPT all this weekend. It's hard to diet properly when working away and doing 3 straight 15+ hour days.
  • Options
    markycash said:

waller02 said:

omm said:

Think this will be a bad week for me too folks.
    Headmaster's office for you Mr B.

:)