You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,038
    Another MASSIVE photo.....sorry I'm clueless!
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    brilliant , well done
  • Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2018
    Well done all - think after 2-3 weeks the rate of weight loss will naturally tail off so don’t be too disheartened - key is to keep going and grind it out!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,898

Well done all - think after 2-3 weeks the rate of weight loss will naturally tail off so don’t be too disheartened - key is to keep going and grind it out!

Exactly that.

Now the going gets a little tougher, as the rate of weight loss declines.

It's a long-tem job though, & we can all do it if we stick to it.

Am absolutely thrilled that so many of us are going along so well.
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    Evening all, Tikay has kindly pointed me in this direction and I think I'm ready to bite the bullett and be held accountable. Nothing groundbreaking just some weight to lose. My understanding is that Friday is results day so I'll get some batteries for the scales and get the starting weight up this week. I know for a fact that I have lost weight the last two weeks as a shirt that I haven't wore in that time was put on today and my belly was not popping the button. I have actively been trying to eat better in this time, usually starting the day with Porridge which I have found has helped. However tonight I went for a speed walk and hope that with the help of you guys I will be committed to doing that every day. One day at a time though. Let's see where this journey takes us.

At some point I'll take the time to read through the whole thread so I can understand people's journey and hopefully help get involved abit more in the community.

Good luck everyone, let's hope I make it back in here on Friday. 🥞🍟🍔🌭🍕🍰
  • Options

Welcome aboard Ommy, & good luck mate.

Try & have a read through of the thread if you can, to get the general drift.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,258
    Hi guys

Only just spotted this thread whilst watching Britains favorite walks on tele and realized i need to get fit and healthy again. Not read the whole thread but ill catch up with it bit by bit.

Up until about 3 months ago i was feeling good about my fitness despite still smoking about 20 a day. I was going to the gym about 4-5 times a week, swimming and playing footy once or twice a week but mainly due to mental health problems i,ve let myself slip and have barely done any excercise since (and i can feel it). So its time to get back on it.

I have got an e-cig and have had the odd few days here and there sticking to it so that will probably be my hardest goal - to quit ciggies (started at 16 and i,m 44 now so that will be a toughie).

One thing i did struggle with when going to the gym was running and i had to pull out of a 5k run last year as i hadn,t prepared for it so that will be my other main aim - to complete a 5k run.

I,ve never really been overweight but will get weighed this week and get my BMI done and try and improve on that.

Obviously eating healthier always helps and this is one thing i do a lot better than i used to anyway but also to keep an eye on that

Its not a challenge but after watching this programme i,d also like to get out and complete some of the walks i,ve seen on the top 100 list. (It seems the North West got more votes than any other region which is good for me)

So main aims are

1/ Use e-cig instead of smoking
    2/ Do a 5k run

Not sure quite where to start but looking forward to it - GL guys
  • Options
    Can you not edit posts on this new forum?

I,ve got my 3rd aim now after seeing Helvellyn voted as Britains favourite walk so aiming to do it in summer
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    MP33 said:

Can you not edit posts on this new forum?

I,ve got my 3rd aim now after seeing Helvellyn voted as Britains favourite walk so aiming to do it in summer

If you hover your mouse over the post, you should see a cog in the top right corner of the post.
    Click on that to edit.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Welcome aboard omm and MP33, good luck!
  • Options
    Cheers Marky

Just finished my packet of backy. ( i won,t say my last) but back to the e-cig for a while. My main problem is cadging ciggies off other people when i see them smoking and my girlfriend smokes which doesn,t help.

Starting the exercise tomorrow with a game off badminton for an hour. Preparing tonight by snacking on carrots and broccoli rather than beef monster munch and saltnviniger sqaures. Also replacing coffee at night with green tea

GL

P
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    markycash said:

Welcome aboard omm and MP33, good luck!

cheers Marky.

I've had a a read through and seems for the most part people are doing great, well done.

I'm certain you will give up when you want to Marky, I wonder if attempting to associated smoking with a negative feeling might help. I.e what would happen if you bought a packet of strong smokes (unfiltered) sat in your car and didn't leave it until you had smoked the whole packet, would this make you feel ill enough to not want to pick up another **** for a good while?

Then again it may not be advise medically. Just me thinking out loud.

• Options

This morning's weigh-in;

• Options

Update after week 4;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight today = 13st 12lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 1 stone in 4 weeks.

I've rounded up again, so that gives me half a pound start for week 5.

As you can see, the big losses of weeks 1 & 2 are no longer possible - understandably, as the first 2 weeks should see the biggest weight loss.

The progression is;

6lbs

5lbs

1lb

2lb

I guess it will be about 1lb a week from here - now the going gets tough.

I upped my daily exercise from yesterday, I'm up to 2 walks per day now, so some benefit should accrue from that, too.

Don't want to sound smug, but I'm pleased with progress so far. This thread has really helped me focus.

Good luck to all other fatties with today's weigh-ins.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,350
    Last week 19-2.
    This week 19-2.
    OK with that, though my Speak your Weight machine still says "no coach parties".
    Very well done to Mr K.
    Off to the Vic to donate at the GUKPT today
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Very pleased to say that after last week's blip I am now....

Starting Weight 15st 2lb

Week 1 14st 13lb
    Week 2 14st 11lb
    Week 3 14st 12lb
    Week 4 14st 9lb

-3lb for the week and -7lb overall

Very well done Tikay on the stone.

Good work overall Phil, keep it up for another losing week and good luck at the GUKPT

• Options
    Essexphil said:

Last week 19-2.
    This week 19-2.
    OK with that, though my Speak your Weight machine still says "no coach parties".
    Very well done to Mr K.
    Off to the Vic to donate at the GUKPT today

Well it's not gone up Phil, so that's good.

Good luck at The Vic, let us know how you get on please.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Starting Weight 15st 2lb

Week 1 14st 13lb
    Week 2 14st 11lb
    Week 3 14st 12lb
    Week 4 14st 9lb

Good work overall Phil, keep it up for another losing week and good luck at the GUKPT

Excellent work Phants, half a stone already, you must be pleased with that?
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Tikay10 said:

Phantom66 said:

Starting Weight 15st 2lb

Week 1 14st 13lb
    Week 2 14st 11lb
    Week 3 14st 12lb
    Week 4 14st 9lb

Over the super blue blood moon Tikay.

Overall target is to get to 14st and the interim was to be 14st 7lb by SPT Manchester which I am still on track to achieve.

Thing is it has been fairly simple so far.

I always have a breakfast (porridge), only have a light lunch, more balanced/healthy teas and no naughty snacks. The walking is helping too.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Tikay10 said:

Phantom66 said:

Starting Weight 15st 2lb

Week 1 14st 13lb
    Week 2 14st 11lb
    Week 3 14st 12lb
    Week 4 14st 9lb

Over the super blue blood moon Tikay.

Overall target is to get to 14st and the interim was to be 14st 7lb by SPT Manchester which I am still on track to achieve.

Thing is it has been fairly simple so far.

I always have a breakfast (porridge), only have a light lunch, more balanced/healthy teas and no naughty snacks. The walking is helping too.
    Excellent.

One of the best things about dieting is when clothes start to fit better, things that were impossibly tight a few weeks ago are now more comfortable. Good feeling, that.