You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    1) Hit a 227.5kg ( 500lbs) barbell squat in April , 500lbs is a big milestone so hopefully I nail it.

2) eat more donuts to get my weight up to 96kg , only 2kg to go >:)

3) start going swimming again twice a month
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    for anyone struggling to make time to get to a gym , a kettlebell is a good investment , very versatile and you can do a fullbody workout while watching eastenders :p
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    johnjoe81 said:

for anyone struggling to make time to get to a gym , a kettlebell is a good investment , very versatile and you can do a fullbody workout while watching eastenders :p

Welcome and good luck to johnjoe and blakey from the previous page

Think I need to up the exercise, fearful for friday. I would get a kettlebell but I can't stand eastenders, sorry.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,875

Welcome to our newbies, & a reminder that tomorrow - Friday - is "Report Day".

Eeek.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Tikay10 said:

Update after Week 2

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Yay, really happy with that.

Update after week3;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight today = 14st 0lbs

Total loss to date 12lbs in 3 weeks.

Bit disappointed, to be honest. It's slightly better than that as my actual weight this morning was 13-13 & a quarter, but I prefer to work in lbs "rounded up", as it gives me a bit of a free bonus for next week.

Think it was bound to slow down a bit, but exercise has been my problem this week, & I've only walked 3 or 4 times, whereas it should be 14 times (twice per day).

Even so, a decent 3 weeks & overall I'm pleased with progress.

Just gotta stick to it now. It's gonna be a long haul to get to 13st.

I have to see the Dietician next month, as part of my Rehab, & he'll be pleased as I was almost 15 stone when I last saw him in late December.
  • Options

Here's this morning's weigh-in. I seem to weigh the same upside down.

Note I've got three quarters of a lb start for Week 4. Every bit helps in the psychological battle.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,348
    Just got on the weighbridge-a pleasing (to me, anyway) 19 stone, 2 pounds.
    Really pleased with that-a stone in 3 weeks. Suspect I'm due a bad week.

Will have to weigh in early next Friday-as off to the Vic to play in a GUKPT. Might be losing pounds on Sky, but fish on a heater elsewhere.

Well done Tony-you have already achieved your target weight. Suggest you set a new target. I plan on being under 19 stone for SPT Manchester.

WP all

Phil
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Just got on the weighbridge-a pleasing (to me, anyway) 19 stone, 2 pounds.
    Really pleased with that-a stone in 3 weeks. Suspect I'm due a bad week.

Will have to weigh in early next Friday-as off to the Vic to play in a GUKPT. Might be losing pounds on Sky, but fish on a heater elsewhere.

Well done Tony-you have already achieved your target weight. Suggest you set a new target. I plan on being under 19 stone for SPT Manchester.

WP all

Phil

That's a tremendous effort Phil, well done, you gotta be pleased with that.

Are you feeling any benefit from it yet?

• Options
    No, but then I haven't started exercising yet.

i really really miss cheese....you?
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Phantom66 said:

Start Weight: 15st 2lb
    Week 1 : 14st 13lb
    Week 2 : 14st 11lb

-5lb overall

Happy with that.

Well done to others too, nice work guys.

Week 3.....

Week 3 : 14st 12lb

Climbed on the scales expecting a plateau but actually put 1lb back on.
    I have definitely missed exercise this week, had some muscle and joint pain and 2 canteen lunches in the past 2 days probably account for the rest (plus the inherent inaccuracy/variance in the weighing process).

Extra long walk planned for today to kickstart the new week and I will have to find a way to skip the canteen!

Very well done to others - onwards and downwards!
  • Options
    We will all have weeks like that-well done so far
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Phantom66 said:

Start Weight: 15st 2lb
    Week 1 : 14st 13lb
    Week 2 : 14st 11lb

-5lb overall

Happy with that.

Well done to others too, nice work guys.

Week 3.....

Week 3 : 14st 12lb

Climbed on the scales expecting a plateau but actually put 1lb back on.
    I have definitely missed exercise this week, had some muscle and joint pain and 2 canteen lunches in the past 2 days probably account for the rest (plus the inherent inaccuracy/variance in the weighing process).

Extra long walk planned for today to kickstart the new week and I will have to find a way to skip the canteen!

Very well done to others - onwards and downwards!
    Yes, that's a very fair point with a set of domestic scales - or, as EssexPhil amusingly described it, "weighbridge".

Variance & the long term will take care of it though.

Keep going mate, I know how bad it feels when we have a disappointing week on a diet.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,038
    Well done Tikay and Phil, another week, another loss.

Don't worry about the pound gain Phantom, there are always going to be weeks like that. I'm a bit concerned myself too as I had a mid week weigh and it wasn't as good as I was expecting. Will be weighing in after work but in the meantime I can confirm that I am still smoke free
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Don't worry about the pound gain Phantom, there are always going to be weeks like that. I'm a bit concerned myself too as I had a mid week weigh and it wasn't as good as I was expecting. Will be weighing in after work but in the meantime I can confirm that I am still smoke free

That's superb, especially as you are dieting at the same time, which is a tough double act.
  • Options

Love this thread - we are - collectively, making a difference & getting people more healthy.

**** brilliant, that.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

That's superb, especially as you are dieting at the same time, which is a tough double act.
    Cheers Tikay. I'm certainly keeping the website that I buy my e-liquid from in business anyway. A lot cheaper and healthier than smoking though.
  • Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2018
    Here we go, weighing today gives me a starting weight for the challenge at a hair under 100kg or 15stone 9 in old money.

Kicking off the first workout tonight, going to be a killer!
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,352
    Essexphil said:

Don't know what sort yet-wife and kids will choose. My only stipulation is that it will be from a charity-probably be a "bitser".

My wife keeps threatening to get ME a cage...

Hey Phil- I'm not serious often BUT.. its got to be a labrador if you can get one!

We've got 4 kids and had 3 labradors when they were growing up and can honestly say that we would trust a lab-pretty much 100% with kids and others......- We now have two rescue dogs, Max n Milly who are lovely but you can never know how they have been ' treated' in the past( Max is half lab anyway so he's a stomach on legs)
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited January 2018
    Splendid effort folks!

Smokes - Still puffing (I will get to this, promise).

Weight - 17st 3 lbs (1 lb off this week, 5 lbs loss since the start of this).

I have not made much effort with the weight to be honest. I am just constantly 'on the go' with the new job which seems to be having a positive impact on the weight.
  • Options
    Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
    Week 1: 19st 4lbs
    Week 2: 19st 0lbs

Current Weight:

Only a pound lost this week. Slightly disappointed as I have been strict with the diet, had no alcohol and have been doing Hiit all week. A loss is a loss though. I had gone up to 19st 1lb when I weighed myself on Wednesday, so I'm happy to book the win.

Total loss: 10lbs.

Same again next week lads, we are smashing it so far!