You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

RNG gets worse

allibone03allibone03 Member Posts: 99
edited February 2018 in Poker Chat

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    So you think the RNG isn't rigged but has a bias towards flopping trips?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Can you explain how a random number generator should work then?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    So the board is 333 or 777 right? And that happened 4 times in the same tournament within 45mins?

Probability suggests you'd expect 2 boards like that for every 10,000 flops. So it does seem like something is not quite right.

I was watching a stream of the final table of a big live game in the UK on Sunday. Flop came KKK, weirdly not one player went mental asking to see the dealer's sleeves.

Always prefer these posts with a hand history, but the players who experience the really weird stuff never seem to know how to post them, despite helpful step by step guidance from others. Perhaps that is the bigger mystery.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Obviously
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    Was my interpretation of a 'board flopping trips' correct? If so those are the numbers and so the chances of this happening 4 times in let's say 100 flops is extremely rare.

To avoid suspicion you could just post the hands.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

As per usual i raise a point on the forum based on what ive experienced playing on this site and the same old ridicule based posts appear instantly. Surely a better rng benefits the site and players as a whole? But no lets not even consider this and ridicule and insinuate that people are liars. Same old same old. i'll leave it there.

Can you explain how a ''better rng'' works please?
  • Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    I'd say the chances of that happning are pretty random. so it looks like it working fine.

but on a serious note... were you really expecting anything other than sarcastic comments?
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033

this thread is not a duck,

really, this thread is not a duck,

honestly, this thread is not a duck,

i confirm that this thread is not a duck,

ok, it is a duck.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Haha
  • Options
    Enter all the usual HILARIOUS comments from the usual posters....... the floor is yours. SAD.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    So far you've accused Sky of failing on providing a decent RNG, called someone a liar and then called everyone sad.

Perhaps the issue is yourself, rather than the RNG.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    I don't see any sarcasm, just some questions to help clarify what the point is here.

Assuming you saw 100 flops in the 45 minutes, and assuming you start counting after the first occurrence (i.e. the chances of 3 more XXX boards in 99 deals), assuming you don't hit any of these...

I make the chances 0.00000142, or roughly 1 in 700,000. Not as crazy as I'd first though. Certainly unusual though.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,161
    @allibone03 you say you feel that you have to beat the RNG as well as other players, what do you mean by that?
    Last time I played live just prior to the end of rebuy table got a bit leary and UTG raised gets called in CO and short stack on button shoves I snap ISO with QQ and UTG snap calls with AA, CO calls with JJ and button shows AJ. Ace flop left us drawing dead
    Now thats all 4 aces out, 2 queens and 3 Jacks, not one of the 3 of us shouting for chips complained that we were playing against the dealer
  • Options
    edited February 2018