You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

RNG gets worse

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,390
    Ill stick this here in case it gets sabotaged again.

One last point regarding players(particularly losing ones). Be wary how literally sharkscope is interpreted. I know my own omits a couple of tournaments where ive made a profit and includes a 400 pounds win in a UKOPS semi which then creates the massive downswing on my graph. This was an entry fee to play at dtd which i never attended so how this is viewed as a loss is confusing. The 80 quid i won when i qualified for the manchester SPT the other week doesnt show neither the 220 entry fee which wasnt used. Whats the diff? Just be wary of labelling people losing players if thats the level of accuracy on peoples beloved sharkscope.

im not getting into the same old debates again it achieves nothing. Ive said what i said ive accepted i was wrong yet people still want to come on and repeat the same things theyve already said.

Maybe look on the bright side eh? Look at the fun people have had and the,still ongoing,discussion that has arisen from it? I did suggest deleting the thread however this was ignored. Tikay considering you claim to be all about positivity you seem **** bent on reiterating the negative points from the OP even though apologies were issued.

h e l l bent

• Options
    allibone03allibone03 Member Posts: 99
    Congratulations we have the first smoke blower of the day
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,533

Congratulations we have the first smoke blower of the day

Disclaimer,

have you given a thought to no surprise check on R.N.G. like Olympic drug testing. ?
    If I knew you we coming I'd of baked a cake.

Oft course not wishing to stir anything.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,970
    mumsie said:

Ill stick this here in case it gets sabotaged again.

Thanks mumsie.

Just so everyone knows, with this new forum software, it records all original, amended or deleted posts, they may disappear from public view, but I can still view them via the Moderator Dashboard.

When posting, everyone should remember that deleting or editing a post does not erase the record. The internet is not written in pencil, once you post something, it's always there, forever.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

One last point regarding players(particularly losing ones). Be wary how literally sharkscope is interpreted. I know my own omits a couple of tournaments where ive made a profit and includes a 400 pounds win in a UKOPS semi which then creates the massive downswing on my graph. This was an entry fee to play at dtd which i never attended so how this is viewed as a loss is confusing. The 80 quid i won when i qualified for the manchester SPT the other week doesnt show neither the 220 entry fee which wasnt used. Whats the diff? Just be wary of labelling people losing players if thats the level of accuracy on peoples beloved sharkscope.

Rather than specifically refer to you I was making a generalisation that the players who question the integrity of the RNG are often losing/breakeven players/small winning/winning live players who cannot transition to online (normally because standard in online is a lot tougher at comparable stakes).
    Sharkscope gives a decent indication of a players SNG/MTT ability and also shows how experience the player is at online MTT/SNG (at least on that site). It doesn't matter that it isn't 100% accurate as long as you use it for an indication for sorts of games someone plays/results they have.

• Options
    allibone03allibone03 Member Posts: 99
    So any players then? haha No seriously point taken. I personally think its overrated but each to his own.
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    MattBates said:

Rather than specifically refer to you I was making a generalisation that the players who question the integrity of the RNG are often losing/breakeven players/small winning/winning live players who cannot transition to online (normally because standard in online is a lot tougher at comparable stakes).
    Sharkscope gives a decent indication of a players SNG/MTT ability and also shows how experience the player is at online MTT/SNG (at least on that site). It doesn't matter that it isn't 100% accurate as long as you use it for an indication for sorts of games someone plays/results they have.

yep, story checks out.

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,533
    You need to take into consideration the R.N.G. is a programmable Robot can out think humans and will one day take over the World.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    MattBates said:

I would prefer you didn't sharkscope me Matt... don't want you having any edge on me ;)

I have SC'd you though, which confirmed me thoughts.... haha