You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Notts Live Update

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373

So, after 2 pages of waffle from assorted reprobates, it's time to get the Live Update proper started.

I'm set up at the venue, will upload some photos of how it looks shortly.

Early arrival was George, @GlencoeLad, though he wants to swap & play tomorrow instead.

I spotted @cpfc_2010 near Nottingham Railway Station, but I hid in case he tried to get me to pay for his taxi. He did not look very well, & was swaying noticeably in the breeze & barely able to hold his can of Tennants.
  • Options

Play starts at 4pm, so still time to get here & register if you don't have a seat.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    RIP Dale

Cheers Tikay :)

Forest were a proper team then, under Cloughie.
  • Options

The Sky Team - Kirsty, Mark, James & Sam are all on the way. Sam will be late, as he claims that the Tour de Yorkshire - a bicycle race allegedly - passes his front door.

Is there REALLY such a thing as the Tour de Yorkshire race? Sounds a load of tosh to me.

• Options

I should add, somewhat hastily, that Tour de Yokshire is sponsored by, amongst others, Sky Bet, who have supplied a hundred or more volunteers to assist with marshalling, provision of drinks etc.

The gentleman at the front in the blue jacket is none other than Lord Sir His Highness Richard Flint, who founded & has run SB&G for the last 10 to 20 years. I should imagine he has done rather well for himself via the takeover, but he deserves every penny, he's a top top chap. Arsenal supporter, too.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Here's where we are, the Alea in the heart of Nottingham.

Never quite sure what "heart of" (insert place name) is supposed to mean, seems like a marketing guys expression. Marketing guys are the nut worst.

Note the guy in the picture on the right. That's called a bad hair day.

• Options

Tables all nicely branded PokerStars Sky Poker, look pretty good, huh? I did that.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Here's today's timetable;

Friday 4th May

Play commences at 16:00
    Late registration open until 20:40
    Play concludes at 01:50am
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    .....and tomorrow;

Saturday 5th May
    Play commences at 14:00
    Late registration open until 18:40
    Play concludes at 23:50pm

• Options

Whilst we are about it, here's the Sunday timetable. Note the earlier start.

Sunday 6th May
    Play commences at 13:00
    Late registration closed
    Play estimated to conclude around 01:00am

I actually believe play will conclude a good deal earlier than that.
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    edited May 2018
    Tikay10 said:

So, after 2 pages of waffle from assorted reprobates, it's time to get the Live Update proper started.

Early arrival was George, @GlencoeLad, though he wants to swap & play tomorrow instead.

I spotted @cpfc_2010 near Nottingham Railway Station, but I hid in case he tried to get me to pay for his taxi. He did not look very well, & was swaying noticeably in the breeze & barely able to hold his can of Tennants.

Hi TK having had my mid day rest, and being a glutton for punishment I shall after all play today...and no doubt tomorrow! See you soon.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Hi TK having had my mid day rest, and being a glutton for punishment I shall after all play today...and no doubt tomorrow! See you soon.
    Ha. No problem George, see you in a bit.

You need to REGISTER (in the poker room) so don't leave it too late or else the queues will build up.
  • Options

For those struggling to put a face to the name, here's @glencoelad with his better half, think this was the Irish Open a year or 2 back;

• Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    Hope everyone is having a great time - im stuck on the M1 in dreadful traffic but “should” get there before end of late reg I hope!! Gl all
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    IrishRose said:

Hope everyone is having a great time - im stuck on the M1 in dreadful traffic but “should” get there before end of late reg I hope!! Gl all

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK Roseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xxxx

Fridays and the M1 go about as well together as you and a PINT of VODKA :s:s

• Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 443
    We've had our first exit of the tournament after just 19 minutes of play. All the money went in on a K-10-5 flop. Pocket 10s vs AK. And of course in true Sky Poker style the turn was an ace and the river a king. Someone has already questioned the RNG...
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2018
    Tikay10 said:

.....and tomorrow;

Saturday 5th May
    Play commences at 14:00
    Late registration open until 18:40
    Play concludes at 23:50pm

When does play conclude?
  • Options

^^^

Huh?
  • Options
    mildsteal0mildsteal0 Member Posts: 45
    like to wish all the players good luck for this weekend will not be there this time
  • Options
    marlsssmarlsss Member Posts: 26

We've had our first exit of the tournament after just 19 minutes of play. All the money went in on a K-10-5 flop. Pocket 10s vs AK. And of course in true Sky Poker style the turn was an ace and the river a king. Someone has already questioned the RNG...

Rigged