You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Brexit

Comments

• dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    vaigret said:

StayOrGo said:

Probably because the leave campaign, at best were clueless about what leaving the EU meant, or at worse lied about what it meant.

More than likely a bit of each tbh.

The majority of the voting public probably didn't know the intricacies of what they were voting for, why would they, they are regular people, not those that understand what is best for the county and wider world.

It was a bit like asking my Mother on the best way to play a Poker hand. She has never played Poker in her life, but her opinion via a referendum would carry the same weight as Phil Ivey or Phil Helmuth.

Some decisions we should leave for the elected "experts", that's why we have a government.

Anyway this is just a lighthearted tongue in cheek response, not something I'd go back and forth on. The referendum took place, and we should try and get as close to what was expected by the people. Although different "leave voters" had different expectations, so it's not clear.

FWIW, I don't think most people did know what they were voting for, beyond, "Leaving the EU", so the first part of the above statement, for a lot of voters, isn't quite true.

**** **** graham , great post , just shows for all our differences we are very similar
    Absolutely no one is similar on this thread !
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,067

Form your opinions based on polls , you will ultimately be made to look pretty silly

Whether you have really got any opinions or not.

Some things seem obvious.

A no deal Brexit is popular with ERG, Tim Martin, and their supporters. Cutting all ties means being as far away from the EU as possible.

On the other hand Norway plus a Customs Union, means remaining just about as close as possible to the EU.

Both these examples are leave options.

It is unlikely that a single person that was in favour of one option would readily accept the other.

I will go further and say that the alternative option would represent a red rag to a bull, for anyone favouring one of these options, because they are so far apart.

It is fair to say that many leave voters would have been favour of one of these options.

Therefore it will be a fairly small percentage of the electorate that will feel they have got what they voted for.

HAYSIE said:

Form your opinions based on polls , you will ultimately be made to look pretty silly

A no deal Brexit is popular with ERG, Tim Martin, and their supporters. Cutting all ties means being as far away from the EU as possible.

On the other hand Norway plus a Customs Union, means remaining just about as close as possible to the EU.

It is unlikely that a single person that was in favour of one option would readily accept the other.

I will go further and say that the alternative option would represent a red rag to a bull, for anyone favouring one of these options, because they are so far apart.

It is fair to say that many leave voters would have been favour of one of these options.

Therefore it will be a fairly small percentage of the electorate that will feel they have got what they voted for.

My sincere apologies , that my opinions, which I have posted many times aren't valid , because they don't match your own.

vaigret said:

StayOrGo said:

Probably because the leave campaign, at best were clueless about what leaving the EU meant, or at worse lied about what it meant.

The majority of the voting public probably didn't know the intricacies of what they were voting for, why would they, they are regular people, not those that understand what is best for the county and wider world.

It was a bit like asking my Mother on the best way to play a Poker hand. She has never played Poker in her life, but her opinion via a referendum would carry the same weight as Phil Ivey or Phil Helmuth.

Some decisions we should leave for the elected "experts", that's why we have a government.

Anyway this is just a lighthearted tongue in cheek response, not something I'd go back and forth on. The referendum took place, and we should try and get as close to what was expected by the people. Although different "leave voters" had different expectations, so it's not clear.

FWIW, I don't think most people did know what they were voting for, beyond, "Leaving the EU", so the first part of the above statement, for a lot of voters, isn't quite true.

**** **** graham , great post , just shows for all our differences we are very similar
    That was posted on page one, if you went through 159 pages you might find one that you agree with, or have an opinion on.

HAYSIE said:

My sincere apologies , that my opinions, which I have posted many times aren't valid , because they don't match your own.
    Well you seem to be saying that you couldn't respond because you didn't vote.
    HAYSIE said:

vaigret said:

StayOrGo said:

That was posted on page one, if you went through 159 pages you might find one that you agree with, or have an opinion on.
    Well aware of that , and even if you posted 2,500 pages of your rabid remainer Tory nonsense , I still wouldn't agree with any of it .

HAYSIE said:

vaigret said:

StayOrGo said:

Well aware of that , and even if you posted 2,500 pages of your rabid remainer Tory nonsense , I still wouldn't agree with any of it .
    Well you are not responding much to any of the points being made.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

vaigret said:

StayOrGo said:

Well you are not responding much to any of the points being made.
    Try reading and absorbing ...plenty of opposing views if you didnt have your blinkers on .
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Thats your take , but not what I said . I would suggest you learn how to read .

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

dobiesdraw Posts: 1,251Member
    15:58 edited 15:59
    HAYSIE said:

» show previous quotes
    So if you were a leave voter, that voted on the basis you wanted to leave and have nothing more to do with the EU, and not do any deal.
    If we end up with a Norway deal, would you consider you had got what you voted for?
    Thats an if , not , a this is whats going to happen . And as you know I didnt vote.
    edited February 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

dobiesdraw Posts: 1,251Member
    15:58 edited 15:59
    HAYSIE said:

» show previous quotes
    So if you were a leave voter, that voted on the basis you wanted to leave and have nothing more to do with the EU, and not do any deal.
    If we end up with a Norway deal, would you consider you had got what you voted for?
    Thats an if , not , a this is whats going to happen . And as you know I didnt vote.
    And not for the first time on this thread , your point is ? or are you quoting incorrectly once again ?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    Just received a letter that I feel encapsulates 3,200 Haysie posts. Here goes:

Dear Sirs

I remain.

Yours sincerely

Haysie :)
    Given up all hope of ever agreeing with anything Haysie ever says on anything ....I'm pleased to say ! :)
    Essexphil said:

Dear Sirs

I remain.

Yours sincerely

I can only assume that this an attempt at humour.
    You are a card, Phil.

My sides are splitting.

Given up all hope of ever agreeing with anything Haysie ever says on anything ....I'm pleased to say ! :)

That is very much a two sided story.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Dear Sirs

I remain.

Yours sincerely

You are a card, Phil.

My sides are splitting.
    I'm in training to be a wit.
    I'm halfway there already :)
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Dear Sirs

I remain.

Yours sincerely

You are a card, Phil.

My sides are splitting.
    At last, something we can agree on.
    Amber Rudd accused of cynical plot to force Tory Brexiteers into backing May's 'disastrous' Brussels deal
    ERG said Rudd, Greg Clark and David Gauke should resign after defying May
    But one member of pro-Brexit group admitted their 'cynical' plan could work
    They told MoS: 'I think we'll fold. The prospect of delaying Brexit is just too awful’

Amber Rudd was last night at the centre of claims that she was part of a cynical ‘plot’ to force the capitulation of Tory Brexiteers over Theresa May’s deal with Brussels.
    The Work and Pensions Secretary faced fury after she joined fellow Remainer Cabinet Ministers, Business Secretary Greg Clark and Justice Secretary David Gauke, in signalling publicly that they would force a delay to Brexit to stop a ‘disastrous’ No Deal.
    While some leading figures in the pro-Brexit European Research Group (ERG) said the three Ministers should resign as they were in breach of Cabinet collective responsibility, others said they suspected it was a ruse to scare MPs into backing Theresa May’s deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6738173/Amber-Rudd-accused-cynical-plot-force-Tory-Brexiteers-backing-Mays-Brexit-deal.html
    Labour bullying row ESCALATES as Emily Thornberry MOCKS Chuka Umunna’s HAIR at rally
    EMILY Thornberry has publicly mocked Independent Group leader Chuka Umunna – a day after Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn appeared on TV and denied bullying exists in the party on a “wide scale”.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1091522/labour-bullying-anti-semitism-emily-thornberry-chuka-umunna-jeremy-corbyn
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Dear Sirs

I remain.

Yours sincerely

You are a card, Phil.

My sides are splitting.
    At last, something we can agree on.
    Rugby?