You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Brexit

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,052
    Tikay10 said:

Tony,

I do enjoy these round-ups of the morning paper headlines.

Thanks.

Pleasure.
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Do you think this will be well-supported?

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

The worry to me is it could escalate into violence if Team Hate (the far-right, Tommy Robinson & Co etc) get involved.

And you don't think that's exactly what some of the people on this march will actually want ?
    Interesting that you would include TR in this , what basis do you have for assuming he would get involved in a peoples march?
    Tikay10 said:

Do you think this will be well-supported?

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

The worry to me is it could escalate into violence if Team Hate (the far-right, Tommy Robinson & Co etc) get involved.

There were around 700,000 on the last one, I think that there will be more this time.
    If you stop or curtail protests because of the threat posed by Team Hate, then they have won, and that truly is the end of democracy.
    There are about 100 on Nigel Farages march.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    madprof said:

Spot on.
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Is it me? I may have misunderstood some of the timelines...

If we stayed in the EU after May 23rd, weren't we obliged(legally) to participate in European elections?
    If I'm correct in this date scenario, why would TM request a deadline after this date? Which suggest the EU have been sensible in the date they have set
    What they have decided is that she has until 12th April to get her deal through.
    If she does then she has until 22nd May, to get the legislation through.
    If she fails we can have a longer extension, but we would need a reason, and we would take part in the elections.
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

If we stayed in the EU after May 23rd, weren't we obliged(legally) to participate in European elections?
    If I'm correct in this date scenario, why would TM request a deadline after this date? Which suggest the EU have been sensible in the date they have set
    What they have decided is that she has until 12th April to get her deal through.
    If she fails we can have a longer extension, but we would need a reason, and we would take part in the elections.
    Still confused??
    So why did she ask for an extension date of June that further complicated the issue by necessitating further participation in EU elections??-either way, leave/no deal, this seemed like an unnecessary complication...

So in my ever optimistic world, I might go back to my history theory and once it is revoked, either by parliament or a 2nd people's referendum(now we know what we are voting for) in year's to come , TM's procrastinations might be lauded as a political master stroke
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Still confused??
    So why did she ask for an extension date of June that further complicated the issue by necessitating further participation in EU elections??-either way, leave/no deal, this seemed like an unnecessary complication...

So in my ever optimistic world, I might go back to my history theory and once it is revoked, either by parliament or a 2nd people's referendum(now we know what we are voting for) in year's to come , TM's procrastinations might be lauded as a political master stroke
    The end of June date was because the new MEPs don't take their seats until the first week of July.
    So she thought this was the furthest we could go without taking part in the elections.
    I think that she did this to create a proper cliff edge because had they agreed to this, it would have been the end.
    Had we got to the end of June without taking part in the elections, we would have been screwed, nowhere left to go.
    The EU were too clever for that.
    There is no doubt in my mind that she did this on purpose.
    She clearly said in Parliament last week that if her deal got through she would ask for a short extension, if it hadn't got through it would be a long extension.
    David Lidington was in Brussels asking for a long extension, when he received a phone call telling him that he should ask for a short one.
    This came subsequent to threats of Cabinet resignations.

She is very slippery.
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Still confused??

The deadline for registering to take part in the elections is 12th April.
    If we aren't taking part, our seats will be allocated elsewhere.
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Still confused??

Thanks for the clarifications
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Still confused??

Thanks for the clarifications
    No probs.
    Petition
    Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.
    The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's Vote may not happen - so vote now.
    Sign this petition
    3,047,041 signatures
    HAYSIE said:

Petition
    The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's Vote may not happen - so vote now.
    Sign this petition
    3,047,041 signatures

Haysie

You might want to consider posting this again??
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Petition
    Sign this petition
    3,047,041 signatures

Haysie

Petition
    Sign this petition
    3,304,581 signatures
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Petition
    Sign this petition
    3,047,041 signatures

Haysie

Petition
    Sign this petition
    3,304,581 signatures
    teasin.....yeta further 250k agree with us in the 12 mins between posts
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Petition
    Sign this petition
    3,047,041 signatures

Haysie

Petition
    Sign this petition
    3,304,581 signatures
    teasin.....yeta further 250k agree with us in the 12 mins between posts
    its moving fast