You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Regarding the foolish woman who started the waste of time petition :

I don't care whether she was hacked or not, and you cant prove it either way. Nor do I have an interest in the reality of her death threats.

You are in no position to criticise my posts on this thread

You seem to have a very casual attitude to death threats all round really ....I have every right to criticise your posts as a reader and contributor of an internet forum , if you don't like that concept , then don't post or accept that comes with the territory . simple really !
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,904
    edited April 2019

|Another point dealt with >>>
    "Youre not arrogant, but other posters are village idiots. You cause rows on a regular basis. It obviously hasn't crossed your mind that others may think that you are a village idiot."

I could care less what anyone thinks of me , certainly not you or your small band of smug supporters . I will continue to say what I think and argue against what I believe is incorrect , you can continue being a sheep .

The way you behave makes that blatantly obvious.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

|Another point dealt with >>>
    "Youre not arrogant, but other posters are village idiots. You cause rows on a regular basis. It obviously hasn't crossed your mind that others may think that you are a village idiot."

I could care less what anyone thinks of me , certainly not you or your small band of smug supporters . I will continue to say what I think and argue against what I believe is incorrect , you can continue being a sheep .

The way you behave makes it blatantly obvious that blatantly obvious.
    You might wish to edit that , so it at least makes sense
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Remainer said:

Companies leaving. It can't be a coincidence that Brexit is looming.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-companies-leaving-uk-list-job-cuts-eu-no-deal-customs-union-a8792296.html

Medicine shortages
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p075g4j7?fbclid=IwAR3mgVM2k0_CSyjbNGMVXQRx1Z7-hy9QS7shJq4g86foMTT7El51L9_EIds

You have google, takes minutes to see that No Deal will be a disaster.
    CMI/TUC/NFU have all said it will be a disaster.
    I've yet to see any studies or see any business leaders say otherwise.
    I'll take the analysis and opinion of those people over Boris, Rees-Mogg, Farage, Trump and Putin.

While we are at it ...who's saying no deal is a nailed on event ?
    No deal wont happen
    Got a crystal ball have you ? ...I'm inclined to agree , but your new ally seems to think it will , see his previous posts
    It wont.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Remainer said:

Username selected as I find it tilts opponents :)

I see where you have cut n pasted that from.
    https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-behind-claims-uk-influence/
    My 'facts' come from the top half of that same article but I've seen it backed up by some guy on twitter too. He listed all 74 laws and analysed then one by one.
    Exact figures are a grey area I agree, but figures still show that the EU is not the controlling beast it is portrayed as in MSM which a vast of people get their opinion from. I'm not suggesting you.

Personally I'm not happy with a potential 8% drop in GDP (BoE, IMF), companies leaving in droves, less safety, lower food standards, medicine shortages etc resulting from a potential no deal. Also having 2 young kids I want them to have the freedom to work and study in Europe should they wish.
    We had 2 world wars with our neighbours only in the last century and I believe working together as closely as possible with our European neighbours can only be progress, why try to dismantle it? Yes, the EU has it's problems but we are a major player in the EU and can change things, isolating ourselves is a step backwards.
    Just my 2c.

Ok wheres the evidence for companies leaving in droves as a direct result of Brexit ? Wheres the evidence for less safety being the case as a result of Brexit? Where is the evidence of lower food standards being applicable to Brexit ? Where is the evidence of medicine shortages? , let alone if true as a result of Brexit .
    Wheres the evidence that your 2 kids won't have the freedom to to work and study in Europe post Brexit ?

All supposition , and zero fact .
    There is evidence of companies leaving in droves in the press every day.
    Theresa May has commentated on us being less safe many times.
    Lower food standards come into play with a US trade deal.
    Newsnight have been reporting on the medicine shortages for the last 2 weeks.
    Do you have any knowledge of Freedom of Movement?
    You just don't seem to know very much.
    And there were companies leaving long before Brexit ...once again just because the press say something , doesn't mean it's true ...the link of this to Brexit , is in the least tenuous .
    If Theresa may has said it , it must be true , once again , noone can say with fact , how things will be post brexit , so more speculation that remainers love to jump on
    Lower food standards come into play with a US trade deal ...really ? provide evidence to support this .
    The BBC have reported lots of things , not all of them are true .
    Do you ?
    And nor do you , just full of non facts ...when challenged to back up these outlandish claims all you can do is quote media articles ...its really quite laughable . And you maintain you want a debate ? :D

job already lost through brexit latest
    10,000 finance jobs lost since Brexit? - Full Fact
    fullfact.org/economy/10000-finance-jobs-lost...
    These aren’t jobs that have already moved out—in fact there’s no specific time period provided for when these jobs will be lost by. Separate ONS figures also show that the number of jobs in financial service activities in June 2017 was at a similar level to June 2016, when the Brexit vote occurred.
    Drinks giant Diageo to axe more than 100 jobs because of ...
    www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/15236404.Drinks...
    Drinks giant Diageo is to cut more than 100 jobs across its Scottish operations because of concerns over Brexit, according to the GMB union.
    Job Already Lost Through Brexit News

RICHARD LITTLEJOHN on Fiona Onasanya casting the deciding Brexit vote
    Daily Mail· 18 hours ago
    Like Japanese kamikaze...they’re running out of fuel and they’re coming down to earth regardless, ...

Brexit shambles continues as MPs reject all alternatives yet again
    Daily Mirror· 4 days ago
    Theresa May’s Brexit deal staggered on last night after MPs once again rejected every alternative...

New NMC chief pledges to forge a more caring organisation
    Nursing Times· 1 hour ago
    The former chief inspector of adult social care at the Care Quality Commission brings a wealth of...
    More news for Job Already Lost Through Brexit
    How Brexit has already changed Britain two months after the ...
    www.independent.co.uk › … › Business › Business Comment
    The first post-Brexit data on jobs caught economists by surprise with the claimant count falling by 8,600 to 763,000 in July according to official figures. The city had expected a rise of 9,500 ...
    How big banks are reacting to Brexit: Thousands of UK jobs ...
    www.cityam.com › Business › Banking
    Thousands of banking jobs across London are at risk after the UK voted for Brexit yesterday. JP Morgan, HSBC, and Citibank have warned jobs would be moved in the event of a Leave vote. And other ...
    UK expects to lose 5,000 City jobs through Brexit - BBC News
    www.bbc.com/news/business-45811006
    The UK government expects thousands of financial services jobs to have moved to the European Union by the time of the UK's exit from the bloc. City minister John Glen said that the situation was ...
    1 in 5 UK manufacturing jobs at risk because of Brexit: study
    www.politico.eu/article/brexit-manufacturing-job...
    With less than a year to go before the U.K. leaves the 28-member bloc, 11 percent of local manufacturers already have lost contracts because of the 2016 Brexit referendum, based on a survey of 200 British supply chain managers by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, a trade body.
    Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it ...
    www.gov.uk/government/news/britain-to-enter...
    Britain’s economy would be tipped into a year-long recession, with at least 500,000 jobs lost and GDP around 3.6% lower, following a vote to leave the EU, new Treasury analysis launched today by ...
    Brexit could cost £100bn and nearly 1m jobs, CBI warns ...
    www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/21/brexit...
    Report conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers for the CBI says economy faces irreparable damage if UK leaves European Union
    Third of the British export companies have already lost ...
    www.archynety.com/business/third-of-the-british...
    About 22 percent of them have already lost 10 percent of their exports as a direct result of the Brexit, according to the survey, and another 6 percent lost between 10 and 30 percent of their exports.
    Brexit business impact tracker: jobs, profits and investment ...
    ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-companies
    This page records company announcements about the impact of Brexit on profits, jobs, mergers or investments, whether positive or negative. It does not include companies that say leaving the EU will have no effect on them.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    'No real change or compromise': Brexit talks break down as May fails to win over Labour

Talks between Theresa May and the Labour party to try and break the Brexit deadlock have faltered already.
    The opposition said the Government has failed to offer any compromises over Brexit following three days of talks.
    It comes as it emerged the UK may have to accept a longer one year extension to Article 50, under a proposal put forward by European Commission President Donald Tusk

May and Corbyn both agreed to cross-party talks – but Labour claim negotiations are breaking down (PA)

The two sides are talking in an attempt to break the Brexit deadlock (PA)
    Labour say the Mrs May’s team refused to reopen the ‘political declaration’ – the framework needed for a future trade deal that must accompany the withdrawal agreement.
    Labour claim they were only being offered a ‘memorandum’ that would be placed alongside the withdrawal agreement.
    Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer said Mrs May did not offer any concrete changes to the existing withdrawal agreement.
    Sir Starmer said the Government was ‘not countenancing any changes’ to the wording of the political declaration, which sets out the framework for the future UK-EU relationship

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/no-real-change-compromise-brexit-talks-break-may-fails-win-labour-162757791.html
  • Options
    Scandal of NHS drug shortage: Patients with life-threatening conditions struggle to get medicine in 80% of trusts
    Delays are reported in four out of five trusts because medicines intended for NHS patients are exported to other EU countries
    The Department of Health said it is considering an investigation into the scale of the problem

Patients with life threatening conditions are struggling to get hold of drugs in 80% of NHS trusts in England and Wales, a survey suggests.
    Four out of five trusts are reporting delays because medicines intended for NHS patients are exported to other EU countries.
    Quotas have been introduced to control the amount of drugs set aside for the NHS but this has been found to exacerbate the problem.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163593/NHS-drug-shortage-scandal-Patients-life-threatening-conditions-struggle-medicine.html

• Options

HAYSIE said:

Remainer said:

My 'facts' come from the top half of that same article but I've seen it backed up by some guy on twitter too. He listed all 74 laws and analysed then one by one.
    Exact figures are a grey area I agree, but figures still show that the EU is not the controlling beast it is portrayed as in MSM which a vast of people get their opinion from. I'm not suggesting you.

Personally I'm not happy with a potential 8% drop in GDP (BoE, IMF), companies leaving in droves, less safety, lower food standards, medicine shortages etc resulting from a potential no deal. Also having 2 young kids I want them to have the freedom to work and study in Europe should they wish.
    We had 2 world wars with our neighbours only in the last century and I believe working together as closely as possible with our European neighbours can only be progress, why try to dismantle it? Yes, the EU has it's problems but we are a major player in the EU and can change things, isolating ourselves is a step backwards.
    Just my 2c.

Ok wheres the evidence for companies leaving in droves as a direct result of Brexit ? Wheres the evidence for less safety being the case as a result of Brexit? Where is the evidence of lower food standards being applicable to Brexit ? Where is the evidence of medicine shortages? , let alone if true as a result of Brexit .
    Wheres the evidence that your 2 kids won't have the freedom to to work and study in Europe post Brexit ?

And there were companies leaving long before Brexit ...once again just because the press say something , doesn't mean it's true ...the link of this to Brexit , is in the least tenuous .
    If Theresa may has said it , it must be true , once again , noone can say with fact , how things will be post brexit , so more speculation that remainers love to jump on
    Lower food standards come into play with a US trade deal ...really ? provide evidence to support this .
    Do you ?
    And nor do you , just full of non facts ...when challenged to back up these outlandish claims all you can do is quote media articles ...its really quite laughable . And you maintain you want a debate ? :D
    You must have heard of chlorine washed chicken, hormone injected beef, and GM crops?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:
    He is putting the extension in jeopardy.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Will a UK-US trade deal lower food standards in the UK? - BBC Newsnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vhfqE1eR6E

Farmer warns US-UK trade deal could drive down standards in food industry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hdvuMqPkgE

'Where's The Beef? US, Britain Clash Over Post-Brexit Trade Deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKcP_mnSLc

U.S. Says Post-Brexit Trade Deal With U.K. Must Have Lower Food Hygiene Standards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FfryKC8y74

Brexit: A threat to Britain's food security? - Counting the Cost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wftB6SJxA8Q

Trump Tells May To Abandon 'Unjustified' Food Standards For Brexit Trade Deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGU2lOJMSk

The impact of Brexit on the environment, public health & food safety (28.11.2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mszD51LY8

Brexit: The Hidden Danger of Chlorinated Chicken. With Stephen Fry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAMpJ9Yr56Y

Post-Brexit, US Likely To Tell UK "Take Our Food And Love It"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc5HXSLZuno

Professor Tim Lang on Brexit and food standards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u--T9BGX6Xo
  • Options
    Welcome to Project fear , brought to you by Haysie.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:
    Thats good news .

Meanwhile all this nonsense about Chlorinated chicken ...educate yourselves >>>

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/food-safety/chlorinated-chicken-explained-why-do-the-americans-treat-their-poultry-with-chlorine/555618.article
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Remainer said:

Just my 2c.

Do you ?

These aren’t jobs that have already moved out—in fact there’s no specific time period provided for when these jobs will be lost by. Separate ONS figures also show that the number of jobs in financial service activities in June 2017 was at a similar level to June 2016, when the Brexit vote occurred.
    Drinks giant Diageo is to cut more than 100 jobs across its Scottish operations because of concerns over Brexit, according to the GMB union.

Daily Mail· 18 hours ago
    Like Japanese kamikaze...they’re running out of fuel and they’re coming down to earth regardless, ...

Daily Mirror· 4 days ago
    Theresa May’s Brexit deal staggered on last night after MPs once again rejected every alternative...

The former chief inspector of adult social care at the Care Quality Commission brings a wealth of...
    The first post-Brexit data on jobs caught economists by surprise with the claimant count falling by 8,600 to 763,000 in July according to official figures. The city had expected a rise of 9,500 ...
    Thousands of banking jobs across London are at risk after the UK voted for Brexit yesterday. JP Morgan, HSBC, and Citibank have warned jobs would be moved in the event of a Leave vote. And other ...
    The UK government expects thousands of financial services jobs to have moved to the European Union by the time of the UK's exit from the bloc. City minister John Glen said that the situation was ...
    With less than a year to go before the U.K. leaves the 28-member bloc, 11 percent of local manufacturers already have lost contracts because of the 2016 Brexit referendum, based on a survey of 200 British supply chain managers by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, a trade body.
    Britain’s economy would be tipped into a year-long recession, with at least 500,000 jobs lost and GDP around 3.6% lower, following a vote to leave the EU, new Treasury analysis launched today by ...
    Report conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers for the CBI says economy faces irreparable damage if UK leaves European Union
    About 22 percent of them have already lost 10 percent of their exports as a direct result of the Brexit, according to the survey, and another 6 percent lost between 10 and 30 percent of their exports.
    This page records company announcements about the impact of Brexit on profits, jobs, mergers or investments, whether positive or negative. It does not include companies that say leaving the EU will have no effect on them.
    Surveys , speculations and "ifs"and "coulds"
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Remainer said:

Just my 2c.

Do you ?

Daily Mail· 18 hours ago

Daily Mirror· 4 days ago

Surveys , speculations and "ifs"and "coulds"
    In denial.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:
    Thats good news .

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/food-safety/chlorinated-chicken-explained-why-do-the-americans-treat-their-poultry-with-chlorine/555618.article
    The EU wont accept it because they are too picky.

The Soil Association’s Top 10 Food Safety Risks Posed By A Future Transatlantic Trade Deal describes regulatory discrepancies between the USA and the EU and the rational behind Europe’s tighter rules.

First on the list for example is the well-publicised and divisive issue of ‘chlorinated’ chicken. This the document says, is where the US poultry industry ‘uses acid washes to eliminate bacteria at the end of the meat production chain’ rather than ‘preventing infection in chickens across all stages of rearing and slaughter’. “Essentially, chemical washes hope to make up for inadequate hygiene on farms and abattoirs,” it said.

https://www.newfoodmagazine.com/news/64083/food-charity-publishes-top-ten-risks-of-transatlantic-trade-deal/

Top 10 Food Safety Risks Posed By A Future Transatlantic Trade Deal Soil Association policy briefing, January 2018
    The preliminary steps towards a UK/US trade deal are currently being taken. Secretary of State for International Trade Liam Fox MP has recently opened preliminary discussions with US officials to consider potential opportunities and risks for the negotiations. Much press emphasis has been placed on chlorine-washed chicken, but there are a host of other regulatory divergences that could undermine UK food standards:

1. Chlorine-washed chicken (BANNED IN THE EU)
    In the US, instead of preventing infection in chickens across all stages of rearing and slaughter, the American poultry industry has resorted to acid washes to eliminate bacteria at the end of the meat production chain. Essentially, chemical washes hope to make up for inadequate hygiene on farms and abattoirs. In contrast, the European Union (EU) has chosen another approach to fighting meat-borne bacteria through the landmark ‘farm to fork’ approach. This approach requires steps all along the production chain to ensure food sold to consumers is safe.

2. Hormone-treated beef (BANNED IN THE EU)
    The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allows a number of steroid hormone drugs for use in beef production. Cattle producers use hormones because they allow animals to grow larger more quickly on less feed, thus reducing production costs. Hormone treated beef has been banned in the EU since 1989. The 2003 EU scientific review concluded that the hormone estradiol-17β was carcinogenic and that there was insufficient data to adequately assess the health risks of five other common beef hormones. As a result, the EU amended the ban to permanently exclude estradiol-17β and provisionally banned the five other hormones. This decision resulted in the US bringing a successful World Trade Organization (WTO) case against the EU in 1998. The EU initially paid a retaliatory tariff to the US to maintain the ban. In 2009, the EU moved to allow some imports of high-quality (non-hormone treated) US beef under a tariff-rate quota and the US tariff was suspended. In 2017, the US took steps to reinstate retaliatory tariffs, which are ongoing.

3. Ractopamine in pork (BANNED IN THE EU)
    An estimated 60-80 percent of US pigs are fed the beta agonist drug, ractopamine, prior to slaughter. The treatment increases protein synthesis, resulting in increased muscle fibre size, weight gain, improved feed efficiency, and increased carcass leanness. When used, it yields approximately three kilograms of additional lean pork and improves feed efficiency by 10%. Ractopamine has been found to cause serious disability in animals, including trembling, broken limbs and an inability to walk. Ractopamine has been banned by the EU since 1996.

4. Chicken litter as animal feed (BANNED IN THE EU)
    In the US, chicken litter (a rendered down mix of chicken manure, dead chickens, feathers and spilled feed) is marketed as a cheap feed product, particularly for cattle. The cost of chicken litter is lower than corn and soy due to the high levels of industrial broiler chicken production in the US. In the US, the use of poultry litter in cattle feed is unrestricted. The use of chicken litter has been banned in the EU since 2001 following the outbreak of foot and mouth disease and BSE. These diseases were attributed to the inclusion of animal protein in industrial animal feed.

https://www.soilassociation.org/media/14610/top-10-food-safety-risks-posed-by-a-us-uk-trade-deal.pdf

• Options
    5. Atrazine-treated crops (BANNED IN THE EU)
    Atrazine is estimated to be the second most heavily used herbicide in the US with 73.7 million pounds used in 2013. It was applied on more than half of all corn crops, and up to 90 percent of sugar cane. Atrazine is a potent endocrine disruptor and reduces immune function in both wildlife and laboratory rodents. The chemical has also been found to possibly induce breast and prostate cancer. Despite these findings, the EPA still allows its use in US agriculture. The EU banned atrazine due to its public health risks and its polluting impact on waterways.

6. Genetically modified foods (RESTRICTED IN THE EU)
    The US has wholeheartedly adopted genetic engineering. In the US, 88% of corn and 93% of soy are genetically modified. New gene-edited products are reaching the market, such as the non-browning Arctic Apple. In the EU, GM is widely rejected. The EU protocol for approval, known as the precautionary principle, requires that products be found safe for human health and for the environment. To date, the EU has approved only one GM crop for cultivation (a maize variety with weevil resistance). That said, imported GM animal feed is common across the EU. Under EU legislation, Member States have the right to ban GM crops inside their territory. Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales have now banned GM crops. The U.S. Trade Representative recently stated that the US is considering bringing a WTO case against countries that currently have import restrictions on GM products.

7. Brominated vegetable oil (BANNED IN THE EU)
    In the US, the synthetic additive Brominated vegetable oil (BVO) is used in many citrus drinks (e.g. Mountain Dew) to keep flavour evenly distributed. However, BVO is also used as a flame retardant. Public health concerns have been raised since chemically similar flame-retardant chemicals disrupt normal hormone function, leading to problems with brain development in children, fertility, thyroid function, and possibly cancer. It is banned in EU since 2008.

8. Potassium bromate (BANNED IN THE EU)
    Potassium bromate is approved by the FDA to strengthen dough and promote rising in baked goods. It has been found to be a possible carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). A 1999 study found that potassium bromate caused kidney and thyroid tumours in rats. This finding by the IARC led the EU, Canada, China, Brazil amongst other countries to ban the use of bromated flour. While the FDA has urged bakers to voluntarily discontinue use of the dough conditioner, it continues to approve the use in the US.

9. Azodicarbonamide (BANNED IN THE EU)
    Azodicarbonamide (ADA) is used as a bleaching agent for cereal flour and a dough conditioner in baking. During baking, ADA breaks down to form a number of different chemicals. One of these chemicals, semicarbizide (SEM), has been found to increase the incidence of tumours in lab rats. The EU currently bans ADA from use. Due to increased public pressure, some US companies have recently begun to voluntarily remove ADA from their products with the sandwich chain Subway announcing in 2014 that it would discontinue using the dough conditioner.

10. Food colourants (BANNED IN THE UK, REGULATED IN THE EU)
    In the United States, products that include Yellow 5 and 6, Red 3 and 40, Blue 1 and 2, Green 3 and Orange B are available for purchase and do not require labelling. In 2008, these artificial colourings were taken off the UK market due to health concerns. The UK banned these food dyes following a 2007 double-blind study, which found that eating artificially coloured food appeared to increase children’s hyperactivity. While banned in the UK, the EU requires mandatory warning on foods that include these colourants.
    Trade Bill must guarantee parliamentary scrutiny of all future trade deals: Any future trade deal between the UK and the US needs to properly protect UK consumers and maintain the current high food safety standards. We need to maintain a safe, nutritious food system that encourages sustainable and environmentally-minded agriculture. To achieve this objective, the Soil Association has been working with the Trade Democracy Coalition. The coalition urges the Government to establish a process that:  Establishes broad principles for all trade policy (aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals);  Requires UK parliamentary approval of negotiating positions before the start of formal proceedings;  Requires impact assessments, which are publicly available;  Includes full and meaningful public consultation, including public hearings;  Makes negotiating texts publicly available and allow for meaningful adjustments;  Requires full parliamentary debate, with the potential to amend terms, and vote on all trade agreements.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:
    Thats good news .

You are a genius no extension will probably mean a no deal Brexit.
    Ignore the evidence.
    Why do they wash them in chlorine?

Why are they banned by the EU?
  • Options

Papers assess Theresa May's request for a second delay to the Brexit process.
    The Daily Telegraph highlights "fears that the EU will try to force through a year-long extension to Article 50, meaning Britain would still be in Europe almost four years after voting to leave".
    However, the Guardian reports that France, Spain and Belgium are arguing that any extension to the Brexit process should be very limited.
    The paper says it's seen a note from an EU27 meeting which suggests allowing Britain to delay its departure by just "a couple of weeks" - well short of Theresa May's suggested deadline of 30 June.
    Meanwhile, the FT Weekend looks at how the uncertainty around the UK's future is affecting the pound.
    It describes sterling as having been "eerily calm" in recent weeks and suggests that's because investors simply don't know what's going to happen and are hedging their bets, rather than a sign of long-term stability.

Time to go?
    Independent Group MP Heidi Allen tells the Times she has no regrets about leaving the Conservatives.
    She accuses Theresa May of being too focused on the Conservative Party, rather than rising above everything and being "the arbiter for the country".
    In its leader, the Telegraph says it's time for Mrs May to resign.
    Until now there has been a lot of sympathy for the prime minister, it says, but any sense that she was doing her best in the name of duty has gone.

The Times reports that Tory leadership contenders are gearing up for the battle to replace her.
    It says Dominic Raab has employed two full-time staff, funded by donors, while Boris Johnson has apparently received more than £60,000 from wealthy backers.
    The Telegraph has drawn a link between what it calls "the kingmakers" of the leadership battle.
    It says candidates are fighting to win the backing of five key MPs, all of whom have a military past, with the likes of Tobias Ellwood, Johnny Mercer and Tom Tugendhat seen as key players because of their tactical know-how and courage under fire.

One cabinet minister, Chancellor Philip Hammond, declares in the Daily Express that austerity is coming to an end.
    He says the public finances have been restored to health and Britain can now start to take advantage of the opportunities that lie ahead.
    In the Telegraph, Conservative backbencher Esther McVey launches a stinging attack on her colleague, Sir Oliver Letwin, accusing him of having ripped the rulebook to pieces by rushing through legislation to stop a no-deal Brexit.
    She says he'll be seen as a "useful idiot" by "the Marxists running the Labour party" and warns a future Labour government could do the same to railroad its agenda through Parliament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-47835791
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Noticed how much Brexit cast resemble Carry On stars? If only both weren't real
    If only the current political comedy was a Carry On film - then Brits could all have a good laugh about it. We imagine it would run something like this

First up, we'd pick Joan Sims to play Theresa May

Starring...

Charles Hawtrey as Jacob Rees-Mogg
    Jim Dale as Jeremy Hunt
    June Whitfield as Andrea Leadsom
    Kenneth Williams as Nigel Farage
    Bernard Bresslaw as Chris Grayling
    Hattie Jacques as Emily Thornberry
    Terry Scott as Mark Francois
    Bernard Cribbins as Jeremy Corbyn
    Patsy Rowlands as Angela Merkel
    Joan Sims as Theresa May
    Sid James as Boris Johnson
    Valerie Leon as Michael Gove

If Brexit were a Shakespeare play, perhaps it would be A Comedy of Errors.
    Most people would agree it certainly hasn't been As You Like It.

And if it was a Carry On episode, well, we think the characters slot straight into place.

Angela Merkel: “I have asked you all here today so we can finally solve the Brexit problem. Do you want it hard or soft?”
    Boris Johnson: “Cor! Steady on, Mrs M. We barely know each other.”

Jacob Rees Mogg: “No, Boris. I believe the Reich Chancellor is simply referring to the Withdrawal Agreement.”
    Boris Johnson: “Oh blast. I’m hopeless at withdrawing. Why do you think I have so many love children?”
    Jacob Rees Mogg: “No, Boris. If you’d let me finish, I think our foreign visitor is simply trying to ascertain what kind of relationship we want to have in future.”

Boris Johnson: “Blimey. Bit forward these krauts, what?”
    Angela Merkel: “Now. One last time. What do you people want from Brexit?”
    Jacob Rees Mogg: “Well, if I may be frank Mrs Chancellor, I’d like nothing more than to see my overseas assets grow without anyone noticing.”
    Boris Johnson: “I knew a girl overseas once who tried to grow her assets without anyone noticing. It was all going fine until she went to the beach in her bikini. Phwoar!”

Jacob Rees Mogg: “No Boris. I’m referring to my secret holdings.”
    Boris Johnson: “I know what I wanted to secretly hold. Phwoar!”
    Angela Merkel: “Hang on, where is Mrs May?”
    Mark Francois: “What’s that got to do with you? You’re not even British. I know 17.4 million people who don’t want you here.”
    Angela Merkel: “Please, I’m not here to fight.”
    Mark Francois: “Good job cos I’m a trained fighter.”

Angela Merkel: “The only thing you are fighting is your blood pressure. And judging by your face you are losing. You look like a large Bavarian ham.”
    Mark Francois: “Watch it, lady. Just remember my grandad won two world wars against your mob.”
    Angela Merkel: “How could I forget? You never shut up about it. Now where is Mrs May?”
    Angela Leadsom: “She’s taking her coat back to Marks & Spencer to be altered.”
    Angela Merkel: “I thought they altered it already.”
    Angela Leadsom: “They did.”
    Angela Merkel: “And?”

Angela Leadsom: “It didn’t look like any different so she’s taking it back again.”
    Angela Merkel: “How many times is she going to take it back.”
    Jeremy Corbyn: “Well, technically she's gone beyond the refund date. But she's hoping for an extension.”
    Boris Johnson: “I knew a chap who had an extension once. Answered a spam email. Nasty business. Couldn’t play polo for weeks.”
    Michael Gove: “Hi, I’m here in Theresa’s place, Mrs Merkel. Or can I call you Ange? Love your work, by the way. I’m only in her place though - not replacing her. Good Lord, no. I’d never dream of taking her job. I’m so not like that.”
    Nigel Farage: “What I want to know is when are we leaving the single market?”
    Boris Johnson: “Singles market? I thought you were shacked up with that little frau from Germany, Nige.

Nigel Farage: “Single market, Bozza. Not singles market. Besides, didn’t you hear? I’ve moved on to a French filly now.”
    Boris Johnson: “Ah, doing the European Tour before while you still can. Good man.”
    Chris Grayling: “Hey everyone, I have some exciting news. I’ve just signed a deal with a wig maker. I’m going to be supplying all their hair in future.”

Emily Thornberry: “But you don’t have any hair, Chris. How can you sign a contract to supply something when you don’t actually have it?”
    Chris Grayling: “I don’t know. I didn’t actually read the contract. Just signed it, then let them fill it in for me.”

Nigel Farage: “Ah, infamy! Infamy! They’ve all got it in for me.”
    Angela Merkel: “That doesn’t even make sense, Mr Farage.”
    Nigel Farage: “Oh, boohoo sucks. It makes more sense than your mates in Brussels, I can tell ya. Anyway, who cares? **** to Brexit. I’m going down the pub. Come on, everyone. Aaron Banks is paying. I just hope the Nag’s Head accepts roubles.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/noticed-how-much-brexit-cast-14242359
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:
    Thats good news .

You are a genius no extension will probably mean a no deal Brexit.
    Ignore the evidence.
    Why do they wash them in chlorine?

Why are they banned by the EU?
    "PROBABLY " ...that's PROBABLY , your favourite word . And as far as a no deal option ..good , sooner the better .
    You and remainers like you are culpable for generating the majority of the ill will in this country , by spreading the scaremongering bs.
    Why do they wash them in chlorine ? To help manage pathogens like salmonella and campylobacter. Incidentally in 2017 America were the 4th highest exporters of fresh chicken , worth $591.7 million and 2nd highest country for frozen amounting to $2.6 billion.
    But guess what post Brexit , if we generally don't like the way the US prepare their chicken , Noone is going to force us to buy them ...I know shocking lightbulb moment eh ?