You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2019
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Not going to requote another wall of txt ...but this is what you say about the AFD:

"AFD members are famous for recommending the shooting of refugees"

This is what you said on the petition thread , which unsurprisingly you have distanced yourself from ..your stupid remark relates to what you would like to do to politicians

"I would like to shoot quite a few of them."

JRM would be first.

Founded in 2013, the AfD has provoked outrage in Germany with its stance on race and religion, and came under heavy criticism last year for posters which called for "Islam-free schools".
    In January this year, members of the far-right party also staged a walkout from the Bavarian parliament during a service remembering Holocaust victims.
    The former head of Germany‘s Central Council of Jews Charlotte Knobloch had told MPs the AfD based its policies on “hate and marginalisation”, and said the party had “downplayed the crimes of the **** and has close connections to the extreme right”.
    The anti-EU Conservative had prompted anger after approvingly quoting the leader of the AfD, senior figures from which have called for refugees to be shot.

It follows widespread criticism of Mr Rees-Mogg last week, with the Labour MP David Lammy claiming he was "promoting Germany's overtly racist party", adding: "Our country's proudest moment was defeating the far-right.
    "Now we are supposed to sit back while xenophobes, nativists, nationalists and isolationists do their best to tear Europe apart again. We must not let them win."

Another AFD fan? Or a nice old pensioner that didn't mean any harm?

Man told black woman 'when Brexit comes you will be gone' in racist tirade at London betting shop, court hears
    Seventy-four-year-old denies making comment and calling worker a 'f***ing n*****'

A pensioner told a black woman “when Brexit comes you will be gone” in a racist tirade at a London betting shop, a court heard.
    John Keogh, 74, allegedly called Anneka Davis a “f***ing n*****” at a Coral bookmakers in Peckham, southeast London, on 23 August 2018.

He is alleged to have told her: “When Brexit comes you will be gone.”

Mr Keogh denied one count of racially aggravated public disorder and a second public order offence at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/racism-betting-shop-brexit-peckham-london-john-keogh-a8850901.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1FKWn_F0g5heeuT46FI3qMWgDWZg5b1mvKdmfBUlPLU9TGtoFMjbdfIqw#Echobox=1554219848

Plenty of stories like this to be found , you don't have to look hard .
    Worth noting , that as much as you would have the guy hung , drawn and quartered , he is pleading not guilty and hasn't been convicted yet .
    If he does eventually get convicted , I hope he gets a strong sentence.
    I also think silly old people who post about wanting to shoot politicians on an internet forum , should also be investigated and asked to account for their ridiculous comments to the police.
    That would be valuable use of police time, when they are already under extreme pressure.

Investigate light hearted comments made on forums.

My comment was in response to a post that you made, which may have come from the woman who started the Anti-Brexit petition, in relation to shooting politicians.

The overwhelming majority of people that read my comment, will have taken it in the light hearted way it was meant, and with no serious intent.

I will go further and say that I would suspect that you are the only person that would have taken it seriously.

I will save this post and intend to use it in my defence, if required.

I have popped out to my garden, and it would appear that I am not currently under surveillance.

However I will remain vigilant.

Despite my current frustrations regarding the way politicians have behaved regarding Brexit, I have never seriously considered shooting, or causing harm, to any of them.

I regret my comment because it just gave you an opportunity to cause an argument.

This seems to be your sole purpose on this forum.

You never seem to wish to actually debate anything.

You prefer the pantomime. Oh no he didn't, oh yes he did, oh no he didn't. Rather than a genuine debate on anything.

There are lots of important things happening on Brexit at the moment.

Yet you choose to have an argument on the least important of topics.

You are defending a rabid, no deal supporting, Brexiteer for retweeting videos from a racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic, political party with the most extreme far right views, that approve of murdering refugees.

I make no apology for having absolutely no interest in anything the AFD have to say, and neither would any self respecting MP of any party.

JRM only lost his cool because he was caught out in an act of stupidity.

I hope my comments have made my position clear, in addition to my reluctance to continue this silly argument.

Breaking News! Following your disgraceful slur and attempted assassination and Little Lord Fauntleroy-sorry I mean JRMogg, just found out you will be appearing on next week's episode of Line of Duty!

Also agree- you really must listen to talksport 1600-1900 to hear more contentious, provocative ramblings without any foundations in reality
    Always nice to hear more pertinent and well thought out responses from my resident stalker , whos daily mission is to seek out my posts and pounce on them . All a bit sad and a bit sinister to be honest .
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,315

Final word; I think @Haysie hit the nail on the head below

I regret my comment because it just gave you an opportunity to cause an argument.

You prefer the pantomime. Oh no he didn't, oh yes he did, oh no he didn't. Rather than a genuine debate on anything.

You are defending a rabid, no deal supporting, Brexiteer for retweeting videos from a racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic, political party with the most extreme far right views, that approve of murdering refugees.

I make no apology for having absolutely no interest in anything the AFD have to say, and neither would any self respecting MP of any party.

I hope my comments have made my position clear, in addition to my reluctance to continue this silly argument.
  • Options
    madprof said:

Final word; I think @Haysie hit the nail on the head below

As you seem intent on involving yourself in everything I type ...here's a recap on my response to that ...right to reply

To start with , no right minded person , will view a comment like " I would like to shoot quite a few " as being funny or clever , especially in the light of previous events involving politicians. It's just downright ignorant.

Despite you wishing to deflect from the this topic , the evidence is clear for all to see the numerous posts I have made on this very thread, in the spirit of debate ...which is painfully difficult when all you want to do is highlight " if's and maybe's" with no real substance or fact attached to it and post nonsense inflammatory journalism. The only people you want to " debate " with are people who share your blinkered views ..and that is NOT a debate , it's one sided rhetoric.

Yes lots of important Brexit issues going on and you choose to promote a non story , simply because it is against a Brexiteer . Once again , him highlighting a section of a video , is so far detached from him supporting the ideology of that group , its painful to read so called journalists suggest anything else .

Finally nothing silly at all in bringing you to task over making stupid and crass remarks
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905
    Despite you wishing to deflect from the this topic , the evidence is clear for all to see the numerous posts I have made on this very thread, in the spirit of debate ...which is painfully difficult when all you want to do is highlight " if's and maybe's" with no real substance or fact attached to it and post nonsense inflammatory journalism. The only people you want to " debate " with are people who share your blinkered views ..and that is NOT a debate , it's one sided rhetoric.

Yes lots of important Brexit issues going on and you choose to promote a non story , simply because it is against a Brexiteer . Once again , him highlighting a section of a video , is so far detached from him supporting the ideology of that group , its painful to read so called journalists suggest anything else .

Finally nothing silly at all in bringing you to task over making stupid and crass remarks .

I shouldnt really reply to your nonsense as it probably gives your comments an air of credibility that they don't deserve.
    Many people threaten to shoot referees every Saturday, when they have no wish or intent to really harm them.
    Many people threaten to kill the spouses, family members, and work colleagues, on a daily basis without any thought of carrying out these threats.

Many people have lost all patience with the current bunch of MPs.

I started a thread about the revoke A50 petition.

It was of interest to me, as at the time it was the fastest going petition ever, and became the biggest ever on the site.

I was interested for these reasons.

I was surprised that so many people were in favour of just knocking Brexit on the head. No new referendum, just cancel it.

I had absolutely no interest in the 77 year old, retired lecturer that started it as this was irrelevant to me. Why would she interest me? Ok she arranged the petition, but had no control over the popularity.

This was not the case for you. You had to knock this woman, in an effort to cause an argument.

You pointed out that she had threatened to shoot someone.

She claimed her Facebook account had been hacked, you disputed this, and I didn't care.

All this had no bearing on the petition, which has grown to well over 6million signatures.

This was a surprising number to me as it represents around half the number of people that voted for the Tories in the last election. It is a huge number of people that would like to just stop Brexit.

So you were attempting to divert attention from the number of signatures, by claiming that she wanted to shoot someone. I had no interest because it wasn't a petition in favour of shooting anyone. I made an off the cuff comment regarding shooting politicians, which years ago could have been referees. The only person that has attached any importance to this comment is you. Everyone else has taken it as an off the cuff, light hearted comment.

I have not subsequently shot any politicians, relatives, or referees and have no intention in doing so. This is also true of the woman that started the petition, as far as I know.

To suggest that such an off the cuff comment warrants a police investigation is pathetic.

To even suggest that there is any link between the comment I made and actually murdering a politician is sick.

If you think that I only highlight ifs and maybes then debate them.

Defending JRM with reference to the AFD puts you in a very small minority.

I think you are deluded in making any claims of your posts being evidence of anything other than your wish to cause arguments. This is not only the case on this thread, but many other threads also bear this out.

I have posted lots of stories with plenty of substance, on this thread today and have not highlighted or promoted the JRM one in any way. You did that.

I didn't initially make any comments, I just posted the article, with the intention of letting any reader make their own mind up. I made no claims about him supporting the ideology of the AFD. However any British MP that quotes them or shares their comments about anything is making a stupid mistake.

The normally ultra cool JRM only lost it in the interview because he had been caught out and probably realised that it was a stupid mistake.

Your reaction is considerably different from the majority of the press.

Jacob Rees-Mogg boils over in live BBC interview after questions over his promotion of far-right...
    The Independent via Yahoo News UK· 1 day ago

Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg lost his customary cool during a live BBC interview after being confronted...

Jacob Rees-Mogg Is Being Hammered For His Tweet About The AfD – Here's Why
    HuffPost UK via Yahoo News UK· 3 days ago

Jacob Rees-Mogg has caused uproar after tweeting and then defending a quote from the co-leader of...

Rees-Mogg and the AfD’s Alice Weidel have a lot in common – all of it nasty | Alan Posener
    The Guardian· 2 days ago

Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg faced heavy criticism on Sunday after he shared a video on Twitter showing the leader of the far-right Alternative For Germany (AfD) party giving a speech in the Bundestag.

Jacob Rees-Mogg boils over in live BBC interview after questions over his promotion of far-right German AfD leader ‘When I quote someone and it’s not my view, that’s a great shock, and that ...

Brexit: Jacob Rees-Mogg defends tweet of far-right AfD clip ...
    www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47770959

Conservative British MP Jacob Rees-Mogg has defended his tweet of a speech made by the co-leader of the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party. The prominent Brexit supporter posted the ...

Rees-Mogg defends promotion of German far-right AfD video ...
    www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/01/jacob...

Jacob Rees-Mogg has defended his decision to tweet a video of a speech by a senior member of Germany’s far-right Alternative für Deutschland (AfD), saying he did not endorse the party’s views ...

We’ve known about Jacob Rees-Mogg’s far-right connections for years. So why do we keep letting him off?
    independent.co.uk

Jacob Rees-Mogg is furious he was called out for retweeting the far right – but his brand is forever tarnished
    independent.co.uk

More Jacob Rees Mogg And AFD videos
    Jacob Rees-Mogg defends AfD tweet – POLITICO
    www.politico.eu/article/jacob-rees-mogg-defends...

Tory MP says he does not support the German far right but ‘it’s important people know this is a strand of German political thinking.’
    Jacob Rees-Mogg’s tweet about the AfD is part of a pattern ...
    preview.independent.co.uk › Voices

In defending his decision to tweet a video of the leader of the AfD (Alternative for Germany) speaking about Brexit in the Bundestag, Jacob Rees-Mogg made two points ...
    Jacob Rees-Mogg Is Being Hammered For His Tweet About The AfD ...
    www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jacob-rees-mogg...

Jacob Rees-Mogg has caused uproar after tweeting and then defending a quote from the co-leader of Germany’s far-right AfD party. On Sunday evening, the arch Brexiteer tweeted a video of AfD ...

Jacob Rees-Mogg: Fury as Tory DEFENDS quoting 'overtly racist ...
    www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/fury-tory-jacob...

Jacob Rees-Mogg News Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) has been branded "far right" after claiming Muslims are "a danger to our state" and calling for police to be able to shoot migrants at the ...

Mr Rees-Mogg, who has not deleted Monday’s tweet, was asked to clarify whether he backed any of the AfD’s views other than Brexit. The AfD is the main opposition in Germany , running on an ...

• Options
    edited April 2019
    15 ministers 'close to quitting' as Philip Hammond says second referendum is credible

Philip Hammond has said a second Brexit referendum is a ‘perfectly credible’ option as warring ministers continue to clash over Brexit.
    The Chancellor warned that UK faces a potentially lengthy delay to Brexit and indicated the Tories could be prepared to compromise on a customs union – an idea that enrages Brexiteer ministers.
    Arch Eurosceptic MP Steve Baker told MailOnline: “The Chancellor has come up with about the stupidest suggestion I could imagine. Look at the rage and despair created by asking Parliament to choose between Brexit in name only or no Brexit, and then imagine the public reaction.
    “Is he trying to destroy all faith in democracy?”
    Theresa May’s decision to meet with Jeremy Corbyn and seek a softer Brexit has already cost her two ministers – with many more reportedly ready to quit.
    According to The Sun, 10 junior ministers and five members of the cabinet are said to be “on the edge” of resigning in protest at the Prime Minister’s plans.
    One of those ministers told the paper: “Many, many colleagues in government are just seething and a lot of us are on the edge now – some over a customs union, others over European Parliament elections.
    “What’s for sure is if she asks for a long extension next week it will mean mass resignations.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/15-ministers-verge-quitting-theresa-mays-plan-softer-brexit-065503678.html
  • Options
    Brexit anxiety: 'I can't sleep because of it'

Tory MP Huw Merriman revealed this week he has lost four inches from his waistline as a result of Brexit-related stress, and it has since emerged that civil servants around the UK were offered counselling to help prepare for no deal.
    But it is not just those directly involved in the political process who are suffering. Many people have contacted the BBC to say how recent political developments - or a lack of - are having an impact on their mental state.
    Paul Groom, 61, had a heart attack two years ago and says both he and his cardiologist believe Brexit-related anxiety contributed towards it.
    "I think about Brexit every day, no matter what," says Mr Groom, who retired to France with his wife two years ago.
    "We were living in Devon. We planned to sell our UK house and put the equity into our future financial plan. Then came Brexit.
    "Our whole lives have been put on hold since then. We, along with many others, have no idea of where our lives are going to end up."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47812780
  • Options
    Brexit: Cross-party talks enter second day

Talks between Conservative and Labour teams are taking place for a second day as they try to end the Brexit deadlock.
    It follows discussions between Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn on Wednesday, which were described as "constructive".
    Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer said the idea of a "confirmatory" referendum on any Brexit deal would be discussed.
    MPs backed a bill, which would force the PM to seek a new delay to Brexit. Peers are due to debate it later

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47815599
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    HAYSIE said:

Finally nothing silly at all in bringing you to task over making stupid and crass remarks .

I shouldnt really reply to your nonsense as it probably gives your comments an air of credibility that they don't deserve.
    Many people threaten to shoot referees every Saturday, when they have no wish or intent to really harm them.
    Many people threaten to kill the spouses, family members, and work colleagues, on a daily basis without any thought of carrying out these threats.

It was of interest to me, as at the time it was the fastest going petition ever, and became the biggest ever on the site.

I was surprised that so many people were in favour of just knocking Brexit on the head. No new referendum, just cancel it.

I had absolutely no interest in the 77 year old, retired lecturer that started it as this was irrelevant to me. Why would she interest me? Ok she arranged the petition, but had no control over the popularity.

This was not the case for you. You had to knock this woman, in an effort to cause an argument.

She claimed her Facebook account had been hacked, you disputed this, and I didn't care.

All this had no bearing on the petition, which has grown to well over 6million signatures.

This was a surprising number to me as it represents around half the number of people that voted for the Tories in the last election. It is a huge number of people that would like to just stop Brexit.

So you were attempting to divert attention from the number of signatures, by claiming that she wanted to shoot someone. I had no interest because it wasn't a petition in favour of shooting anyone. I made an off the cuff comment regarding shooting politicians, which years ago could have been referees. The only person that has attached any importance to this comment is you. Everyone else has taken it as an off the cuff, light hearted comment.

I have not subsequently shot any politicians, relatives, or referees and have no intention in doing so. This is also true of the woman that started the petition, as far as I know.

To suggest that such an off the cuff comment warrants a police investigation is pathetic.

To even suggest that there is any link between the comment I made and actually murdering a politician is sick.

I think you are deluded in making any claims of your posts being evidence of anything other than your wish to cause arguments. This is not only the case on this thread, but many other threads also bear this out.

I have posted lots of stories with plenty of substance, on this thread today and have not highlighted or promoted the JRM one in any way. You did that.

I didn't initially make any comments, I just posted the article, with the intention of letting any reader make their own mind up. I made no claims about him supporting the ideology of the AFD. However any British MP that quotes them or shares their comments about anything is making a stupid mistake.

The normally ultra cool JRM only lost it in the interview because he had been caught out and probably realised that it was a stupid mistake.

Jacob Rees-Mogg boils over in live BBC interview after questions over his promotion of far-right...

Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg lost his customary cool during a live BBC interview after being confronted...

Jacob Rees-Mogg has caused uproar after tweeting and then defending a quote from the co-leader of...

Rees-Mogg and the AfD’s Alice Weidel have a lot in common – all of it nasty | Alan Posener
    The Guardian· 2 days ago

Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg faced heavy criticism on Sunday after he shared a video on Twitter showing the leader of the far-right Alternative For Germany (AfD) party giving a speech in the Bundestag.

Jacob Rees-Mogg boils over in live BBC interview after questions over his promotion of far-right German AfD leader ‘When I quote someone and it’s not my view, that’s a great shock, and that ...

Conservative British MP Jacob Rees-Mogg has defended his tweet of a speech made by the co-leader of the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party. The prominent Brexit supporter posted the ...

Jacob Rees-Mogg has defended his decision to tweet a video of a speech by a senior member of Germany’s far-right Alternative für Deutschland (AfD), saying he did not endorse the party’s views ...

We’ve known about Jacob Rees-Mogg’s far-right connections for years. So why do we keep letting him off?
    independent.co.uk

Jacob Rees-Mogg is furious he was called out for retweeting the far right – but his brand is forever tarnished
    independent.co.uk

Tory MP says he does not support the German far right but ‘it’s important people know this is a strand of German political thinking.’

In defending his decision to tweet a video of the leader of the AfD (Alternative for Germany) speaking about Brexit in the Bundestag, Jacob Rees-Mogg made two points ...

Jacob Rees-Mogg has caused uproar after tweeting and then defending a quote from the co-leader of Germany’s far-right AfD party. On Sunday evening, the arch Brexiteer tweeted a video of AfD ...

Jacob Rees-Mogg News Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) has been branded "far right" after claiming Muslims are "a danger to our state" and calling for police to be able to shoot migrants at the ...

Mr Rees-Mogg, who has not deleted Monday’s tweet, was asked to clarify whether he backed any of the AfD’s views other than Brexit. The AfD is the main opposition in Germany , running on an ...

Lot of nonsense points to counter there , which I will, when I have more time , but for now the bolded part :

More than happy that my views and opinions differ to the gutter press .

• Options
    Brexit: DUP accuses government of U-turn

The DUP has accused the government of preparing for a Brexit U-turn after the chancellor suggested another referendum would be a "credible proposition".
    The DUP has also insisted that it does not support the UK joining a customs union with the EU.
    On Wednesday, chief whip Sir Jeffrey Donaldson hinted the DUP might be open to a customs union.
    But on Thursday, he criticised "halfway houses" and "staging posts", saying it was not the Brexit people voted for.
    Meanwhile, his DUP colleague Sammy Wilson hit out at Chancellor Philip Hammond for suggesting another referendum would be a "credible proposition", before signing off on a deal.
    Speaking in the Commons on Thursday, Mr Wilson said: "Are we beginning to see yet the start of another U-turn by a government which has abandoned all of its promises to go forward with a no deal, to have no border down the Irish Sea and to ensure we leave the EU on 29th March?"
    Labour has called for a permanent customs union with the EU and is in talks with the government about reaching a compromise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47812667
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

The Guardian· 2 days ago

independent.co.uk

independent.co.uk

Lot of nonsense points to counter there , which I will, when I have more time , but for now the bolded part :

More than happy that my views and opinions differ to the gutter press .

Very predictable.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    Brexit R.I.P. Left to die, abandoned and helpless by those entrusted with its care.

The ultimate betrayal, bestowed by the cowards of Westminster who flock to the siren call of Brussels and The Hague in pursuit of personal preferment oblivious to the hidden cancer they are leaving to fester and mutate.

Like the greatest betrayer of all they will find that their reward is shallow and brings not happiness but despair and gloom and maybe when the magnitude of the event becomes too much they will find their figurative Judas tree.

And as Britannia weeps and the lion sleeps
    The Dragon no more fire breathes
    St David turns his face away
    St George his mighty sword he sheaths
    And on our green and scepterd Isle
    Betrayal was done with hidden smile
    Now look to the future with fates chill shudder
    Democracy just lost its mother.

Mark
  • Options
    Newport West by-election: Polls close

The polls have closed in the Newport West by-election.
    The seat in south east Wales became vacant following the death of veteran Labour MP Paul Flynn in February.
    A total of 11 candidates are standing and a result is expected in the early hours of Friday.
    Labour are defending a 5,658 majority over the Conservatives at the 2017 general election. Mr Flynn had held the seat since 1987.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-47786885
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    HAYSIE said:

Newport West by-election: Polls close

The polls have closed in the Newport West by-election.
    The seat in south east Wales became vacant following the death of veteran Labour MP Paul Flynn in February.
    A total of 11 candidates are standing and a result is expected in the early hours of Friday.
    Labour are defending a 5,658 majority over the Conservatives at the 2017 general election. Mr Flynn had held the seat since 1987.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-47786885

This is a thread about Brexit. This is not relevant.
  • Options
  • Options
    Leo Varadkar REJECTS House of Commons Brexit plot - 'We don't negotiate with YOU!'
    Leo Varadkar has rejected efforts from the House of Commons to come up with a Brexit plan this week, insisting EU leaders will not negotiate with the UK's MPs.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1109923/brexit-news-latest-leo-varadkar-angela-merkel-theresa-may-deal-house-of-commons
  • Options
    BREXIT STITCH-UP: May Cabinet split over second Brexit vote – ‘Look at rage and despair'
    A CABINET split over calls for a second EU referendum was laid bare yesterday as senior ministers discussed the proposal with Labour frontbenchers.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1109964/brexit-news-latest-theresa-may-deal-second-referendum-peoples-vote-geoffrey-cox
  • Options
    May to ask EU for Brexit delay TODAY: PM requests 'long' extension to Article 50 to prevent No Deal next week in letter to Tusk – but wants get-out clause to go on May 22 if she can do deal with Corbyn
    Theresa May will write to EU Council President Donald Tusk to request extension to Article 50 beyond April 12
    Prime Minister wants 'termination clause' to leave EU on May 22, day before European elections if deal passes
    AG Geoffrey Cox we need to use 'any means to secure an ends' and cross-party talks are vital for securing deal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6888031/Attorney-General-defends-inviting-Jeremy-Corbyn-Brexit-talks.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Theresa May's Brexit ministers have discussed the possibility of second referendum with Labour

Theresa May's ministers have discussed the possibility of giving MPs a vote on a second referendum during talks aimed at agreeing a Brexit deal with Jeremy Corbyn, it has emerged.
    A team of four ministers led by David Lidington, the Cabinet Office minister, held four and a half hours of talks with their Labour counterparts on Thursday during which the idea of offering a second referendum was discussed as an option.
    Labour's Keir Starmer is believed to have said that a second referendum had to be one of the options put to MPs in a series of so-called indicative votes which will take place next week if a cross-party deal cannot be agreed.
    Government sources played down the idea that such a plan...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/04/theresa-mays-brexit-ministers-have-discussed-possibility-second/