You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,985
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    No-deal Brexit plans spark furious backlash from business chiefs

UK prime minister Boris Johnson’s plans for a no-deal Brexit have put him on a collision course with business leaders.

Johnson said on Friday Britain would leave the EU without a trade agreement on 31 December, unless there was a “fundamental” change in the EU’s stance on key issues in the negotiations so far.

He said in a televised speech Britain would prepare with “complete confidence” and would “prosper mightily as an independent free trading nation.”

But the comments sparked a fierce backlash from business leaders, with widespread alarm over the severe economic disruption likely next year.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/brexit-business-reaction-no-deal-economy-impact-153345652.html
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    chilling said:

I’d regard drinking Roederer Cristal as a punishment, if consumed whilst still sober.
    All Champagne tastes shite.

You can get 220 cans of Stella for the price of 1 £200.00 bottle Roederer Cristal. Tough choice. Not.

I would totally agree,Stella for me as well....

but then again I'm not a corrupt Tory Terwat who has had their pockets lined and made sure all their finance mateys will make an absolute fortune post Brexit-let me remind you the estimates are around £165 TRILLION for all these JRM types who are betting on a NO deal

Are any of them gonna be buying chorinated chicken ready meals....like f uck theyre not...Jacob Rees Mogg even has 2 Bentleys so " Nanny can come out on day trips with the family..." says the man who has never changed a nappy of any of his 5 children so you can see what world they live in...and its not the food bank, zero hours contracts etc etc world we all have to endure whilst they....yep feast at the highest of tables...

Even the most fervent of Brexiteers have got to admit 2 things

1) the lowering of food standards/animal welfare in America will be bad for poor people in this country when we trade and buy their sh ite
    2) Michael Gove is a face you want to punch, repeatedly....... they are all liars but the contemptuous way he will barefaced lie-with absolute sincerity- on public record and vote the other way is staggering
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    madprof said:

chilling said:

I’d regard drinking Roederer Cristal as a punishment, if consumed whilst still sober.

You can get 220 cans of Stella for the price of 1 £200.00 bottle Roederer Cristal. Tough choice. Not.

I would totally agree,Stella for me as well....

but then again I'm not a corrupt Tory Terwat who has had their pockets lined and made sure all their finance mateys will make an absolute fortune post Brexit-let me remind you the estimates are around £165 TRILLION for all these JRM types who are betting on a NO deal

Are any of them gonna be buying chorinated chicken ready meals....like f uck theyre not...Jacob Rees Mogg even has 2 Bentleys so " Nanny can come out on day trips with the family..." says the man who has never changed a nappy of any of his 5 children so you can see what world they live in...and its not the food bank, zero hours contracts etc etc world we all have to endure whilst they....yep feast at the highest of tables...

Even the most fervent of Brexiteers have got to admit 2 things

1) the lowering of food standards/animal welfare in America will be bad for poor people in this country when we trade and buy their sh ite
    2) Michael Gove is a face you want to punch, repeatedly....... they are all liars but the contemptuous way he will barefaced lie-with absolute sincerity- on public record and vote the other way is staggering</blockquote

Nobody is corrupt in the Labour Party? Never have been any? Or from other parties in the U.K.?
    Folks can choose what they want to eat. The madness in Wales is obviously reaching pandemic levels.
    The government aren’t responsible for agreements between employers and employees.
    I gather you’re not happy with your motor? Need an upgrade?
    I don’t need any enlightenment on politicians,thanks all the same.

Stay Alert. Lose the gullibility.

• Options
    It’s so easy to choose a news source.

• Options
    HAYSIE said:

How do you think trading on WTO rules will affect us?

Will tariffs mean higher prices for consumers?

Do you think we should be breaking International Law?

What do you think we should do in regard to the Irish border?

Do you think fishing is important, when it turns over less than Harrods?

Do you think Boris is prepared to break International Law because he didnt understand the implications of the Withdrawal Agreement that he signed, or that he understood the implications, but always planned to go back on his word?

What happened to his oven ready deal?

What do you think of the chances of the trade deal with the USA?

How would the EU stop chlorinated chicken, and hormone fed beef entering the single market without border checks?

How do you reconcile taking back control of our borders with not having one?

Passports for truck drivers to get into Kent?

You cant can you?

?
  • Options
    Sorry...totally agree, it just happens to be the Torterwats in power..yes they probably all corrupt*...its where they are on the scale of corruptness they sit!

The level of arrogance/invincibility they have shown towards towards the general public over recent issues is beyond reasonable expectations: so many eg recently

Robert Jenrick? He's not very far down the punch queue either

Overturns a planning decision to save a Tory donor £40m
    Goes to his mansion 'unlawfully' and tells the public its primary residence in Herefordshire, when his children school in London and his constituency is in the frozen middle

sorry forgot... he entered into an 'informal reciprocal' agreement with another MP to ensure their constituencies both received advantageous funding recently

Genuinely- don't you think with just ONE of these allegations of corruption/misuse of power he would have said to himself..." hmmm I think I'd best keep my head down"

another simplistic eg? At one end of the spectrum, Jo Cox( coincidentally Labour) and Gove at the other

Don't get me started on the most influential leader of the country, making all of these decisions..I don't mean the fat philanderer..I mean Dumcummmings!

Yes happy for you to reply with Labour/Liberal eg ( Nick Clegg getting into bed over HE funding for personal gain as deputy leader of ...oh yes the Tories coalition..)

Totally agree with have issues with EU over the food standards you have posted
    ; its unfortunate irony that as a member of the EU we could have continued to have influence to improve food and animal welfare standards.

Every time Trump goes into his pocket and bring Boris out for a chat, do you think he really listens to his pocket puppet on any issues

Reading the thread, probably need to agree to disagree on these issues, though happy for you to respond and some of the last reply made really interesting reading, honest!

GL at the tables! That's at least something we can individually influence.....

*corrupt= use of power to influence decision making for personal gain-either monetarily or other gain

• Options
    edited October 2020

Nobody is corrupt in the Labour Party?
    Never have been any? Or from other parties in the U.K.?

You seem to be attempting to perfect the art of deflection.
    Every time you try to answer a question, which admittedly is very rare, or respond to an opinion, instead of addressing the point in question, you say, well what about the Czech Republic, or Ontario.
    Or in this case instead of debating the points that have been raised, you say well what about the Labour Party.
    Well what about them.
    Just because Jeremy Corbyn is a d1ck, it doesnt make Boris clever, honest, or the government effective, and two wrongs dont make a right.

Folks can choose what they want to eat.

Poorer people clearly have less choice?

The madness in Wales is obviously reaching pandemic levels.

What on earth are you talking about?

The government aren’t responsible for agreements between employers and employees.

They just put all the laws in place that employers must conform to.

I fervently disagree.
    Although you do come across as a know it all.
    I have no idea on how you became so deluded.

• Options
    chilling said:

lucy4 said:
    Here's one for you @HAYSIE tonight Channel 4 at 8 o'clock.
    https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dirty-secrets-of-american-food

Thanks I will have a look.

You are probably too clever, and didnt need to watch the programme before commenting.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Nobody is corrupt in the Labour Party?
    Never have been any? Or from other parties in the U.K.?

Every time you try to answer a question, which admittedly is very rare, or respond to an opinion, instead of addressing the point in question, you say, well what about the Czech Republic, or Ontario.
    Or in this case instead of debating the points that have been raised, you say well what about the Labour Party.
    Well what about them.
    Just because Jeremy Corbyn is a d1ck, it doesnt make Boris clever, honest, or the government effective, and two wrongs dont make a right.

I fervently disagree.

ooof!
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

2) Michael Gove is a face you want to punch, repeatedly....... they are all liars but the contemptuous way he will barefaced lie-with absolute sincerity- on public record and vote the other way is staggering

Well what about them.

I fervently disagree.

I know little.
    But, compared to the likes of yourself, that believe what politicians say, AND what’s in newspapers, I’m turning out to be a f.....g genius.
    Drink up all that Stella, at least you’ll have an excuse.
  • Options
    I think Ive found the level of debate you like, and the tone.

Those who dish it out need to learn how to take it.
  • Options
    You don’t know Boris.
    I don’t know you.
    Snap, all equal.
  • Options
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

Well what about them.

I fervently disagree.

I know little.
    But, compared to the likes of yourself, that believe what politicians say, AND what’s in newspapers, I’m turning out to be a f.....g genius.
    Drink up all that Stella, at least you’ll have an excuse.

You are probably not the best judge of this.

Still cant answer the questions?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The mighty HAYSIE, driver of the rail.

• Options
    Poorer people have less choice? 💡 You’re embarrassing yourself.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    chilling said:

I think Ive found the level of debate you like, and the tone.

Those who dish it out need to learn how to take it.

I can take it, but you think that being personal is debating, when you dont have any answers.

Even worse is that you seem to think you are hilarious. although I am not sure how many others on the forum would share that view.

I would feel embarrassed if I had made some of your recent posts.

You just cant seem to debate.

If someone says Boris is a liar, and refers to specific instances of his lies, your answer is, well what about Jeremy Corbyn?

When someone refers to the governments failings, your answer is, well what about Germany and Italy?

Here are some of your most considered and relevant recent posts.

• Options
    chilling said:

You don’t know Boris.
    I don’t know you.
    Snap, all equal.

I dont have to know Boris, when his lies are well documented.