You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tommy Robinson

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment
    ^^^^^^

Wonderful post.

Genuine stats, as opposed to plucking figures out of the air, puts everything into its correct perspective.

I have not plucked figures out of the air, they come from a sky news story, so sky news are making up stories, and appear to be bigoted against muslims.
    Sky News is a reporting medium, not a source. What was their source? And if they quote an incorrect source they are not "making up stories" nor are they bigoted.

"84% of child rape gangs are Muslims" might have been preceded by;

"....according to some estimates....."

".....according to Tommy Robinson"

Neither of these are credible sources. So what source were they referencing?

By the way, it's "Muslim", not "muslim", they are entitled to the same respect as Christians, Hindus, Islam, Buddhism & so on.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment
    ^^^^^^

Wonderful post.

Genuine stats, as opposed to plucking figures out of the air, puts everything into its correct perspective.

I have not plucked figures out of the air, they come from a sky news story, so sky news are making up stories, and appear to be bigoted against muslims.
    Sky News is a reporting medium, not a source. What was their source? And if they quote an incorrect source they are not "making up stories" nor are they bigoted.

By the way, it's "Muslim", not "muslim", they are entitled to the same respect as Christians, Hindus, Islam, Buddhism & so on.
    Heres a novel thought then , instead of " news" providers quoting dubious sources , how about just reporting the cold , hard facts . In addition, surely news "reporting mediums " have a moral and legal duty to check the sources they are quoting have some sort of foundation in truth ..if not , they should have !
    As far as capitalising a name is concerned , not sure anyone thinks is a form of respect ( and why would they ? ) , just a grammar principle .

• Options
    Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment
    ^^^^^^

Wonderful post.

Heres a novel thought then , instead of " news" providers quoting dubious sources , how about just reporting the cold , hard facts . In addition, surely news "reporting mediums " have a moral and legal duty to check the sources they are quoting have some sort of foundation in truth ..if not , they should have !
    As far as capitalising a name is concerned , not sure anyone thinks is a form of respect ( and why would they ? ) , just a grammar principle .

I could not agree more with you. I want news provides to provide news, not comment or opinion, & I would like to see them quote credible sources & not have agendas.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment
    ^^^^^^

Wonderful post.

Let's agree to differ on that, I think many people think it's disrespectful not to capitalise. The worst example, which we see in newsprint & Media almost daily, is "gypsies". They are a race of people, & it should be "Gypsies".

Each to their own of course, I'll sail my battered old ship my way, others can do as they wish, obviously.
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    The source is CEOP, an offical government body and Quilliam are they credible enough.
    By the way, i am referring to muslim child rapists, so no they dont deserve the same respect as People that havent raped kids, sorry if this lack of respect upsets anyone,
    sky news have just done an interview with Tommy Robinson they edited the interview down to 8 mins from 60 mins, Tommy was secretly filming interview, and you can watch whole interview on you tube, without edits, not so much a reporting medium,
    Watch both and make up your own mind. EBS.
    p.s If gangs of christian white rapists were targeting young Muslim Girls over same period, what do you think the outcome would be.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment
    ^^^^^^

Wonderful post.

Good evening Dobie.
    Great post, but be careful people on here will label you.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

The source is CEOP, an offical government body and Quilliam are they credible enough.
    By the way, i am referring to muslim child rapists, so no they dont deserve the same respect as People that havent raped kids, sorry if this lack of respect upsets anyone,
    sky news have just done an interview with Tommy Robinson they edited the interview down to 8 mins from 60 mins, Tommy was secretly filming interview, and you can watch whole interview on you tube, without edits, not so much a reporting medium,
    p.s If gangs of christian white rapists were targeting young Muslim Girls over same period, what do you think the outcome would be.

That Tommy Robinson wouldn't give a toss?
  • Options
    Of course Sky news edited the video down. It wasn't a one hour special devoted to your beloved patriot, it was a normal interview that was trimmed down, like millions of interviews are.

I was also unfortunate enough to see his interview with Katie Hopkins. 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Nice tears though, very convincing.
  • Options
    Have you watched both, was going to say watch both and make up your own mind, but you already have.
    EBS.
  • Options
    Rainman, your attempts at trying to come across as a balanced guy are both amusing and pathetic.

Your dislike of Muslims is very obvious. You are more than willing to believe whatever is put in front of you, as long as it conforms to your agenda.

No wonder TR is getting very rich very quick, when his moronic, knuckle dragging followers are stupid enough to donate to his holiday fund legal costs.

Saw an interview the other day where he couldn't even get his words out. Anyone for some coke?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    You donated £11 to his holiday fund,(first pints on hhy) EBS invite still open to meet face to face,
    p.s can you send more money need TCP FOR MY KNUCKLES.
  • Options
    Why on earth would I, or anyone else, want to meet up with someone who thinks a fraudster, woman beating football hooligan is a national hero?
  • Options

Of course Sky news edited the video down. It wasn't a one hour special devoted to your beloved patriot, it was a normal interview that was trimmed down, like millions of interviews are.

I was also unfortunate enough to see his interview with Katie Hopkins. 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Lordy. Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson in the same thread. Our cup runneth over.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Thought so :):):)
    Thanks for donation anyway,
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Lordy. Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson in the same thread. Our cup runneth over.
    It was as bad as you could ever imagine it to be. She's vile, he's odious, what a combo.

• Options

Thought so :):):)
    Thanks for donation anyway,

No worries, please keep the donation. It was years ago so it'll be long gone now.

Years ago, when you used to be liked around these parts. Little did we know that you were actually a raging bigot.

I think even Vespa thinks you're nuts, and that really is saying something.
  • Options
    I would rather be a raging bigot than a nonce,
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

no reply to my earlier post on the 84% from a sky news report.
  • Options

That Tommy Robinson wouldn't give a toss?
    He wouldnt need to as councils and police would of acted years ago, and not turned a blind eye.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Hello again Rainman, Sorry I couldn't stay away, not while this 84% figure keeps being bandied about which must be true because it is the gospel of Tommy Robinson.

In the interest of Exploring Both Sides, I would happy to review the source that TR has that specifically references 84%. Have you found it yet?

I do worry that if someone keeps repeating a single statistic without a source then there is a good chance that statistic doesn't stand up to scrutiny and is either wrong or the one stat they have found that matches their agenda and others are conveniently ignored.

Perhaps you would like to review another source?

This was a study by the Children's commissioner into Child Sexual Exploitation by Groups and Gangs.

https://www.childrenscommissioner.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/I-thought-I-was-the-only-one-in-the-world.pdf

Key extracts...

"White individuals form the largest group of perpetrators in both gangs and groups, BME individuals, particularly those loosely classified as ‘Asian’, are the second largest category of perpetrators reported via the call for evidence"

Figures from this study, out of a total sample of 1514 perpetrators known to be involved in CSE as part of a group or gang...

White 545 (36%)
    Asian 415 (27%)

This discussion has been closed.