You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tommy Robinson

Comments

• Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited October 2018
    Good evening Phantom.
    Not the gospel of Tommy Robinson, see my earlier post, sources are CEOP a government body and Quilliam as reported by sky news.
    I didnt get the 84% from Tommy , i got it from sky news.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    Phantom66 said:

Hello again Rainman, Sorry I couldn't stay away, not while this 84% figure keeps being bandied about which must be true because it is the gospel of Tommy Robinson.

In the interest of Exploring Both Sides, I would happy to review the source that TR has that specifically references 84%. Have you found it yet?

I do worry that if someone keeps repeating a single statistic without a source then there is a good chance that statistic doesn't stand up to scrutiny and is either wrong or the one stat they have found that matches their agenda and others are conveniently ignored.

Perhaps you would like to review another source?

This was a study by the Children's commissioner into Child Sexual Exploitation by Groups and Gangs.

https://www.childrenscommissioner.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/I-thought-I-was-the-only-one-in-the-world.pdf

Key extracts...

"White individuals form the largest group of perpetrators in both gangs and groups, BME individuals, particularly those loosely classified as ‘Asian’, are the second largest category of perpetrators reported via the call for evidence"

Figures from this study, out of a total sample of 1514 perpetrators known to be involved in CSE as part of a group or gang...

White 545 (36%)
    Asian 415 (27%)

End thread
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Mumsie.

Interesting choice of headline, considering the article quotes 3 sources of stats.

The Qulliam report "84% are Muslims". Still waiting for a link to the original report - it would be good to know their methodology, data sources, sample size and constraints.

The CEOP stats are lower, 75% are Muslims but they separate "grooming gangs" from "paedophile rings" where paedophile rings are 100% white.

The Children's Commissioner figures are much lower still than the ones I quoted and referenced above. They have a different way of breaking down figures.

A lot of stats depends on sample size and how the assumptions are framed.

But let's all just believe the one that TR quotes.
  • Options
    I'll save you the trouble Rainman, I have found the report for you...

https://www.quilliaminternational.com/shop/e-publications/group-based-child-sexual-exploitation-dissecting-grooming-gangs/

Let me know if you need to borrow a tenner to get a copy (I don't expect it back)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    edited October 2018
    I think I've found

The source is CEOP, an offical government body and Quilliam are they credible enough.
    By the way, i am referring to muslim child rapists, so no they dont deserve the same respect as People that havent raped kids, sorry if this lack of respect upsets anyone,
    sky news have just done an interview with Tommy Robinson they edited the interview down to 8 mins from 60 mins, Tommy was secretly filming interview, and you can watch whole interview on you tube, without edits, not so much a reporting medium,
    Watch both and make up your own mind. EBS.
    p.s If gangs of christian white rapists were targeting young Muslim Girls over same period, what do you think the outcome would be.

That Tommy Robinson wouldn't give a toss?
    He wouldnt need to as councils and police would of acted years ago, and not turned a blind eye.
    Oh, yes. Those white church and school outrages of the 1970s took no time at all to come out....

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...
  • Options
    I believe 100% of the Catholic priests who committed sexual abuse of children were Catholics. The senior members of the church who conspired to cover it up were also Catholics.

Disclaimer:People from other religions, and even those who identify as having no religion also commit sexual offenses against children.

Unfortunately there are no actual stats on religious beliefs of sexual offenders, only ethnicity and that isn't always complete.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I think I've found

The source is CEOP, an offical government body and Quilliam are they credible enough.
    By the way, i am referring to muslim child rapists, so no they dont deserve the same respect as People that havent raped kids, sorry if this lack of respect upsets anyone,
    sky news have just done an interview with Tommy Robinson they edited the interview down to 8 mins from 60 mins, Tommy was secretly filming interview, and you can watch whole interview on you tube, without edits, not so much a reporting medium,
    p.s If gangs of christian white rapists were targeting young Muslim Girls over same period, what do you think the outcome would be.

He wouldnt need to as councils and police would of acted years ago, and not turned a blind eye.
    Oh, yes. Those white church and school outrages of the 1970s took no time at all to come out....

Read my earlier posts on the catholic priest rapists, hhy started this about Tommy Robinson and grooming gangs who happen to be 84% muslim, if he had started it about nonces in the catholic church i would have exactly the same opinion of them.
    2 muslim councillors actually gave character references for a child rapist.
    Police threatenned victims with arrest.
    Sarah Champion Labour M.P, was demoted for speaking up.
    Trevor Phillips the the Home Secretary, Quilliam, know Tommy is right, a few liberals call everyone racist who speaks out, but most people are on Tommy Robinson side, at the Old Bailey liberals numbered about 40 to 60 all very smelly and in need of a good bath,
    Tommy Robinson supporters 1000 to 1500 all very respectable and decent people except for a handful of idiots, which you will get in any big crowd.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited October 2018

Essexphil said:

I think I've found

Read my earlier posts on the catholic priest rapists, hhy started this about Tommy Robinson and grooming gangs who happen to be 84% muslim, if he had started it about nonces in the catholic church i would have exactly the same opinion of them.
    Trevor Phillips the the Home Secretary, Quilliam, know Tommy is right, a few liberals call everyone racist who speaks out, but most people are on Tommy Robinson side, at the Old Bailey liberals numbered about 40 to 60 all very smelly and in need of a good bath,
    Tommy Robinson supporters 1000 to 1500 all very respectable and decent people except for a handful of idiots, which you will get in any big crowd.
    Incorrect.

I started this thread about Tommy Robinson and his court case. It was your bigot mate Vespa who steered the conversation toward Muslim gangs.

• Options

Essexphil said:

I think I've found

Incorrect.

I started this thread about Tommy Robinson and his court case. It was your bigot mate Vespa who steered the conversation toward Muslim gangs.

It takes a special breed of stupid to commit contempt of court, outside a court, whilst on a suspended sentence for contempt of court.

Bangs on about Muslims not following the laws of the land whilst regularly breaking said laws himself.

Incredible how people get taken in by his agenda, and turn out in numbers to march with him or chant for his freedom.

Claims to speak the truth, yet doesn't even use his real name.

A turnip of the highest order.

Wonder how Vespa made that leap from Tommy Robinson,s Court case to muslim rape gangs.
  • Options

Essexphil said:

I think I've found

Incorrect.

It takes a special breed of stupid to commit contempt of court, outside a court, whilst on a suspended sentence for contempt of court.

Bangs on about Muslims not following the laws of the land whilst regularly breaking said laws himself.

Incredible how people get taken in by his agenda, and turn out in numbers to march with him or chant for his freedom.

Claims to speak the truth, yet doesn't even use his real name.

A turnip of the highest order.

Wonder how Vespa made that leap from Tommy Robinson,s Court case to muslim rape gangs.
    Cos he's a racist bigot like you?
  • Options
    You seem upset, quote one thing that i have said that is racist.
  • Options

We've already covered this Rainman.

If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's safe to assume it's a duck.
  • Options

If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's safe to assume it's a duck.
    So no you cannot quote one thing that i have said that is racist.
    Stop having a go at the ducks.
  • Options

So no you cannot quote one thing that i have said that is racist.
    Stop having a go at the ducks.
    It's an internet forum. You're hardly likely to say something that would get you banned. So the ''quote one thing I have said that is racist'' ship just isn't sailing.

Instead, we can look at your general rhetoric and your actions.

Your general rhetoric includes a rather clear and obvious anti - Muslim obsession, and a proclamation that Tommy Robinson is a ''national hero'', to go with your general fanboy stance for the convicted fraudster, hooligan and woman beater.

You have stated that you have also attended his marches. Now considering that Tommy Robinson is an ex BNP member (which I'm sure you'll agree is a racist group), and was the founder and a long standing member of the EDL (which I'm sure you'll agree is a racist organisation), to surround yourself with people of his ilk is understandably gonna make people ask questions. Some of them seem to have a penchant for Nazi salutes, doesn't it make you proud to be British?

Using the power of deduction, we can add your anti-Muslim rhetoric to your love of Tommy Robinson, and we can make a highly accurate assumption that you are, at absolute best, a total idiot, and more realistically at worst a disgusting bigot. Maybe even a mixture of the 2? If the cap fits...

Happy to clear that up for you.
  • Options
    So no you cannot as i said earlier, by the way Muslims are not a race.
    I have been on 2 demos, and 98% of attendees were very respectable and decent people, your friends on the loony left were very racist to a number of people, and looked like they needed a good wash.
    I have never had a go at all Muslims , only the gangs that are raping kids.
    Over 630, 000 have signed a petition to free Tommy, so looks like the Great British Public agree with Tommy.
    SKY NEWS REPORTED 84% OF CHILD GROOMING GANGS ARE ASIAN .
  • Options
    You do realise 630,000 is not even 1% of the population right?
  • Options
    Yes i do, but it is one of the most successful petitions online.
  • Options

Yes i do, but it is one of the most successful petitions online.

Indeed it is.

And the first line of the blurb?

''Tommy Robinson has been arrested and jailed for reporting on Muslim grooming gangs''

I believe the term is fake news.
  • Options
    speak soon bye nonce
This discussion has been closed.