You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tommy Robinson

Comments

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Regarding character witnesses.

All 3 mentioned had character witnesses and written character references at their trials.

All 3 were found guilty. It happens all the time that people of "apparent good character" commit crimes and friends/colleagues do not know about it.

Stuart Hall was given a character reference by Patricia Macmillan, who was chairman of the East Cheshire branch of the NSPCC. Not surprisingly the NSPCC quickly distanced themselves from her and she resigned her post.

Max Clifford had the following character witnesses Des O’Connor, Pauline Quirke, Sky TV sports presenter Clare Tomlinson and former model Jilly Johnson.

For Rolf Harris: Dougie Squires OBE (an artistic director), Rosemarie Ford (who I just about remember from the Generation Game) Edith Lee, a dancer who performed live with Harris and others including a pantomime boss and friend of Harris’ daughter Bindi who all said they only ever saw Harris as a lovely tactile man.

• Options

Essexphil said:

They come over here, stealing our kids....:)

Seriously, Rainman, you just don't get it, do you? You hero-worship a man who used to belong to what was then Britain's leading racist organisation. He then left to found (not join, found) what is now Britain's leading racist organisation. He has now left that to found a new organisation in an attempt to avoid going back to prison for the actions of his supporters.

Tommy said about the bnp, that he regrets joining them in his youth, so we can forgive him for that error in judgement.
    He left the edl when racists and naz is started to get a foothold in the group, the real reason why he left not the blatant lie about avoiding Jail.

Yeah easy mistake not thinking the BNP were at all racist. As for the racist element in the EDL it was clearly the racists who didn't just restrict their views to Muslims that he objected to. Or do you think it is a coincidence that seconds after denouncing the Na zi element in the EDL he says I stand with Israel.
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    So no elected councillors or mps just mainly showbiz types( not the soundest of people).
    So your point is because they had character references, its ok for the 2 councillors to give references. ( 2 wrongs dont make a right.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Essexphil said:

Seriously, Rainman, you just don't get it, do you? You hero-worship a man who used to belong to what was then Britain's leading racist organisation. He then left to found (not join, found) what is now Britain's leading racist organisation. He has now left that to found a new organisation in an attempt to avoid going back to prison for the actions of his supporters.

Tommy said about the bnp, that he regrets joining them in his youth, so we can forgive him for that error in judgement.
    He left the edl when racists and naz is started to get a foothold in the group, the real reason why he left not the blatant lie about avoiding Jail.

Yeah easy mistake not thinking the BNP were at all racist. As for the racist element in the EDL it was clearly the racists who didn't just restrict their views to Muslims that he objected to. Or do you think it is a coincidence that seconds after denouncing the Na zi element in the EDL he says I stand with Israel.
    I was replying to essexphil who on another thread forgave gerry adams an ira terrorist, responsible for the murder of hundreds of Men ,Women and Children.
    We have all done things in our youth that we regret.
    You seem to have a problem with Tommy saying he stands with Israel, any particular reason. you are starting to sound like jeremy corbyn.
  • Options
    I was making a point about character witnesses in general rainman. It is hardly a surprise that people in show business have friends and colleagues in show business.

I am sorry that a Chairman of a regional office of the NSPCC is not a respectable enough comparison to a councillor for you.

My point is - what is your point? Out of all of the Asian gangs convicted over the years, one of them had a reference from 2 councillors. And that is of major significance/importance because?
  • Options

Phantom66 said:

Essexphil said:

I was replying to essexphil who on another thread forgave gerry adams an ira terrorist, responsible for the murder of hundreds of Men ,Women and Children.
    We have all done things in our youth that we regret.
    You seem to have a problem with Tommy saying he stands with Israel, any particular reason. you are starting to sound like jeremy corbyn.
    You tried that line before rainman. I have a problem with TRs highly selective denouncement of racism and his tolerance, encouragement and promotion of Islamophobia. He is clearly only denouncing the racist element in the EDL that are anti-Semitic. He obviously sees Israel as an ally in his fight against Islam.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

I was making a point about character witnesses in general rainman. It is hardly a surprise that people in show business have friends and colleagues in show business.

I am sorry that a Chairman of a regional office of the NSPCC is not a respectable enough comparison to a councillor for you.

My point is - what is your point? Out of all of the Asian gangs convicted over the years, one of them had a reference from 2 councillors. And that is of major significance/importance because?

If a white elected councillor or mp gave a reference for a white nonce who had raped a Muslim Child, what do you think the outcome would be.
    naz shah a labour mp see my earlier post.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Phantom66 said:

Essexphil said:

. He is clearly only denouncing the racist element in the EDL that are anti-Semitic. He obviously sees Israel as an ally in his fight against Islam.

Tommy left the edl because of the racist and na zis not just the anti-semites.
  • Options

Phantom66 said:

If a white elected councillor or mp gave a reference for a white nonce who had raped a Muslim Child, what do you think the outcome would be.
    My point being the same council who turned a blind eye to the rapes, over many years, then 2 of them gave references for one of the rapists.
  • Options
    Here is another one for you phantom, a senior member of the muslim council of Britain wrote a letter saying it was ok to target British Military, the same council who have complained about the Squaddies being photographed with Tommy.
  • Options

Phantom66 said:

I would laugh but the situation is too sad. There are a multitude of cases where white elected councillors and MPs have been convicted as sex offenders. There are also cases where allegations have been made against MPs and Government officials and the cases have been hushed up.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    ''Tommy said about the bnp, that he regrets joining them in his youth, so we can forgive him for that error in judgement''

This is possibly one of the most ridiculous sentences ever posted on the forum. Congrats Rainman, you've somehow managed to outdo yourself in the ridiculousness stakes.

Impressive stuff.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Phantom66 said:

Phantom66 said:

I would laugh but the situation is too sad. There are a multitude of cases where white elected councillors and MPs have been convicted as sex offenders. There are also cases where allegations have been made against MPs and Government officials and the cases have been hushed up.

Read my reply again i said if they gave a ref for a nonce and i agree the government and opposition are full of nonces.
    If my neighbour is a nonce doesnt make it alright for me to be one.
    naz shah retweet shows what she thinks of white working class kids, but she remains in the labour party.
  • Options

Phantom66 said:

Phantom66 said:

Read my reply again i said if they gave a ref for a nonce and i agree the government and opposition are full of nonces.
    naz shah retweet shows what she thinks of white working class kids, but she remains in the labour party.
    So if a councillor gives a reference to a sex offender (believing them not to be a sex offender) that is worse than a councillor or an MP actually being a sex offender or knowingly covering up for a sex offender?

• Options
    edited October 2018

''Tommy said about the bnp, that he regrets joining them in his youth, so we can forgive him for that error in judgement''

This is possibly one of the most ridiculous sentences ever posted on the forum. Congrats Rainman, you've somehow managed to outdo yourself in the ridiculousness stakes.

Impressive stuff.

Your lefty mate essexill forgives gerry adams an ira murdering terrorist, is that ok in your world.
    Tommy is getting more and more followers, including our Brave Men and Women in the Armed services.
    The decent people of this country and most of the civilised World are supporting Tommy, 30,000 turn up for a free Tommy demo,(OR A FEW HUNDRED IF YOUR MATHS IS LIKE DIANE ABBOT) even a police officer at demo said he was impressed by how many turned up at such a short notice.
    632,212 signed a petition(1% of the country lol) . one of the most successful petitions online.
    Tommy used to get assaulted on a regular basis, now he is stop and thanked all over the country.
    Best thing about it the loony left are the ones who are driving people to support Tommy, so keep up the good work.
    The Home secretary agrees with Tommy.
    Quilliam agree with Tommy.
    Sikh Awareness society agree with Tommy.
    The Great British Public agree with Tommy.
    Trevor Phillips agrees with Tommy.
    The Majority of the British Armed Forces agree with Tommy.
    (all the above are racists or bigots lol)
    naz shah agrees with you and all the other liberals on sky poker forum.

p.s Will be meeting Tommy at the Old Bailey with many like minded decent people.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Phantom66 said:

Phantom66 said:

So if a councillor gives a reference to a sex offender (believing them not to be a sex offender) that is worse than a councillor or an MP actually being a sex offender or knowingly covering up for a sex offender?

Character references are only used after pleading guilty or being found guilty, so could of withdrawn ref, again 2 WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT.
    no excuse for naz shah retweet.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111

Impressive stuff.

Your lefty mate essexill forgives gerry adams an ira murdering terrorist, is that ok in your world.
    Tommy is getting more and more followers, including our Brave Men and Women in the Armed services.
    The decent people of this country and most of the civilised World are supporting Tommy, 30,000 turn up for a free Tommy demo,(OR A FEW HUNDRED IF YOUR MATHS IS LIKE DIANE ABBOT) even a police officer at demo said he was impressed by how many turned up at such a short notice.
    632,212 signed a petition(1% of the country lol) . one of the most successful petitions online.
    Tommy used to get assaulted on a regular basis, now he is stop and thanked all over the country.
    Best thing about it the loony left are the ones who are driving people to support Tommy, so keep up the good work.
    The Home secretary agrees with Tommy.
    Quilliam agree with Tommy.
    Sikh Awareness society agree with Tommy.
    The Great British Public agree with Tommy.
    Trevor Phillips agrees with Tommy.
    The Majority of the British Armed Forces agree with Tommy.
    (all the above are racists or bigots lol)
    naz shah agrees with you and all the other liberals on sky poker forum.

p.s Will be meeting Tommy at the Old Bailey with many like minded decent people.
    It's EssexPhil. But then you knew that didn't you. Keep up with the bigoted insults.

Still waiting for the apology for the appalling slurs on Jon. He gets on my nerves at times, but he did not deserve your atrocious comments.

Yes, I have it in me to forgive FORMER racist/religious bigots, when they grow up and join civilised society. I wish the same for you.

You clearly don't understand the first thing regarding how the criminal justice system works in relation to character witnesses. I have been a Solicitor (and before that, a Barrister) for many years. I know how that works-so does your "hero" given his extensive prison record. Why he chooses to lie is his concern. Not helping himself when he is undoubtedly going to need some himself at some stage.

One of the reasons Lawyers are outraged about his latest actions is this. Barristers (and sometimes Solicitors) have to act for all sorts of people. So (for example) I have acted for paedophiles and right-wing hate preachers. Because that has been my job. And I have done it to the best of my ability. Because that has been my job. Whatever my own feelings have been.
    Imagine you work on the checkout at Tescos. And you have to serve a paedophile. You have asked not to, but been told you have to. And then Tommy Robinson comes and films you every day and puts you on the internet, putting your family at risk.

He's not the Messiah. He's NEVER going to be popular other than with extremists and losers. Decent people? Don't make me laugh.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    A character reference is only used after the defendant has been found guilty or pleaded guilty, what is it that i dont understand. please explain. barrister before you become a solicitor isnt that back to front. ( what chambers did you work from)
    Lawyers outraged lol dont make me laugh.
    Yes decent people including members of the Armed forces.
    I will warn Tommy that the lawyers are outraged lol ( did all the lawyers have a poll to say they were outraged) or is that more bu ll s hit.
    I will apologise to hhy when he has the balls to meet in person.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Why would I want to meet a disgusting bigot?

Do you enjoy meeting random people off the internet? Bit weird innit.
  • Options
    I think it's about time this thread took a break.

Rainman if you want confirmation for your beliefs stick to the Tommy Robinson fanboy forum or wherever you drag this nonsense up from.

If you cant even take legal pointers from an experienced solicitor and barrister then there is no hope.
This discussion has been closed.