You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

DYMyna

Comments

• MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 725
    Thank you very much splashies. Will you be having a go at this?

I very much hope the heat is on its way but for now it's more of the same unfortunately, here's one that made me chuckle:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GuySmall blind100.00100.001457.50
    MynaFrettBig blind200.00300.001630.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    The GuyCall200.00500.001905.00
    This GuyFold
    Another GuyFold
    This Guy 2Fold
    GuyFold
    MynaFrettAll-in1630.002130.000.00
    The GuyCall1630.003760.00275.00
    MynaFrettShow
    • A
    The GuyShow
    • J
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    River
    The GuyWinStraight to the Jack3760.004035.00
  • weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,686
    Good luck crush it myna
    It has been people's willingness to limp so wide from EP and snap call shoves (bigger shoves than this one, like 15bb+ sometimes when they only have 15-20bb themselves) that has completely shocked me - I expect to see this sort of thing in bounty hunters but was very surprised to see it so frequently here.

Of course it means the games will be very profitable... once you've ridden out the variance :D
    ...but it will also (surely) make long streaks very difficult to come by if you're frequently having to win so many 60/40's in these micro DYM's (?)
    Paused (possibly quitting) whilst watching the Scotland game - get in there Forrest! I was pretty sceptical/dubious/confused by this Nations League thing at first but I've embraced it now (still don't fully understand it though, despite reading BBC Sports extensive breakdown of its workings several times... :D ).

As things stand then after a super short DYM session tonight (slightly easier to understand on the face of it than the Nations League but this format is causing me all sorts of headaches as well :D ):

£1.10: x
    £2.20: oxo
    £3.30: ox

So, no streaks again for night two so far, great :* .

gl guys and let me know how you are finding the games (are you Streaking?) and if you play them regularly let me know how differently they are playing (if they are playing differently) during this promo compared to a standard night at the DYM tables.

I might also post a hand later if I can find it - not all that interesting but it prompted me to consider whether we should be making tight folds with some clearly profitable shoves on the BTN (and where we draw the line between too good to fold and not strong enough to risk) in an unopened pot whilst 2nd in chips with around 18 bigs and covering both shorter stacked players in the blinds (who are evenly stacked with about 11 bigs) when we don't stand to gain too much from chipping up when we take the blinds uncontested and stand to gain a lot if we allow them the opportunity to clash (by folding our button) AND they already appear to be in a battle of attrition as we are getting a lot of walks in the BB as they continue their folding war and the 1st place stack (who is SB to our BB) doesn't want to clash at all and is clearly looking to lock it down...
    Striker ! James Forrest on fire (and no doubt adding an extra zero to his transfer value)

Streaker ! I have two live streaks to pick up again tomorrow night :o;)

End of play Tuesday:

£1.10: xx
    £2.20: oxooo
    £3.30: oxoo

Night guys, see you tomorrow for another riveting instalment... :|
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    MynaFrett said:

Thank you very much splashies. Will you be having a go at this?

I very much hope the heat is on its way but for now it's more of the same unfortunately, here's one that made me chuckle:

No I don't think I will. I played a few thousand about 7 years ago without much success, will stick to MTT's for now.

Good luck tonight.
    edited November 2018
    Hello again. Hope you all are feeling good and have had an enjoyable time at the tables this evening (feel free to pop in and brag about streaks, post hands/spots, bemoan near misses or whatever else you fancy - it's a bit quiet in here and I don't particularly like the sound of my own voice :D ) Anyway, I think these are going to be my final numbers for tonight's session...

£1.10: ooo{xo} these two were being played simultaneously and I was on for a 5 game streak but I bust AJ < K10 (SB vs BB) just before the 2nd table completed (I had been max tanking on one table where I was shorter stacked and playing as quickly as possible on the other where I was comfortable chip leader so as to at least complete the 4 streak but it wasn't possible in the end :D ) So that was that. 5 game streak would have felt like decent progress.
    £2.20: xoox - lost the first game of the evening to reset last nights 3 streak
    £3.30: oxxx - won the first game of the evening to take the streak to 3 but 3 game (winning) streak seems to be unsurpassable... :)

So I need tips from @mumsie on how to boss the £1.10 games and I see @Kerrnal has been crushing the £2.20's, gg... help me out fella ;)

I have to say that I am really starting to understand the appeal of these games - my enjoyment has increased the more I have played. I believe they are far more complex (and therefore more appealing IMO) than people may give them credit for. I think there is far more going on in these games than just playing tight early doors and having your shoving and calling ranges down pat once the blinds increase...
    I have decided that I shall continue to play these (irrespective of results) for the rest of the series (maybe not every night) and hopefully learn a little more each day about this format that has already begun to grow on me.

gg and gl.

Oh and special mention/shoutout to @Donttelmum who is at every flippin' table I play (obvs) :D glgl
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,746
    Enjoying the updates Myna so keep 'em coming if you can :)

glgl
  • DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    Hiya :)

glgl

Appreciate the support guitar bloke, thanks.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315
    Type your comment

glgl

Seconded.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    MynaFrett said:

Hello again. Hope you all are feeling good and have had an enjoyable time at the tables this evening (feel free to pop in and brag about streaks, post hands/spots, bemoan near misses or whatever else you fancy - it's a bit quiet in here and I don't particularly like the sound of my own voice :D ) Anyway, I think these are going to be my final numbers for tonight's session...

£1.10: ooo{xo} these two were being played simultaneously and I was on for a 5 game streak but I bust AJ < K10 (SB vs BB) just before the 2nd table completed (I had been max tanking on one table where I was shorter stacked and playing as quickly as possible on the other where I was comfortable chip leader so as to at least complete the 4 streak but it wasn't possible in the end :D ) So that was that. 5 game streak would have felt like decent progress.
    £2.20: xoox - lost the first game of the evening to reset last nights 3 streak
    £3.30: oxxx - won the first game of the evening to take the streak to 3 but 3 game (winning) streak seems to be unsurpassable... :)

So I need tips from @mumsie on how to boss the £1.10 games and I see @Kerrnal has been crushing the £2.20's, gg... help me out fella ;)

I have to say that I am really starting to understand the appeal of these games - my enjoyment has increased the more I have played. I believe they are far more complex (and therefore more appealing IMO) than people may give them credit for. I think there is far more going on in these games than just playing tight early doors and having your shoving and calling ranges down pat once the blinds increase...
    I have decided that I shall continue to play these (irrespective of results) for the rest of the series (maybe not every night) and hopefully learn a little more each day about this format that has already begun to grow on me.

gg and gl.

Oh and special mention/shoutout to @Donttelmum who is at every flippin' table I play (obvs) :D glgl

6. The time the first hand is dealt on the DYM will be used to determine the order of results.
    Thank you for seconding that @Tikay10 , much appreciated. I thoroughly enjoyed your daily mini UKOPS updates/reviews once again by the way (and should have posted a message saying as much on that thread tbh).

Haha! Thanks for pointing that out @MattBates I now remember reading that on another thread prior to starting but it appears not to have stuck - such a (gold)fish :D
    ^^^

It was on THIS thread... :s
    Hi guys. So I want to have a quick look at a hand (or a spot) that I really hope I am approaching close to correctly in these unique bubble spots in DYM's and making the right adjustment by playing the hand in a way that I would obviously never play it in an MTT. All feedback welcome and appreciated:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GOLFMAN128Small blind100.00100.004617.50
    blackmar30Big blind200.00300.003695.00
    Your hole cards
    ShouldidoAll-in1025.001325.000.00
    MynaFrettCall1025.002350.001337.50
    GOLFMAN128Fold
    blackmar30Call825.003175.002870.00
    Flop
    blackmar30All-in2870.006045.000.00
    MynaFrettFold
    blackmar30Unmatched bet2870.003175.002870.00
    blackmar30Show
    • K
    ShouldidoShow
    • A
    • J
    Turn
    River
    • K
    blackmar30WinPair of Kings3175.006045.00
    ^^^

I should have deleted the action after my flop fold because I'm not interested in the outcome/result, just the action of making (the counter-intuitive to an MTT player) flat pre and then the (never happening in an MTT) fold on the flop.
    I'm referring to the action from the point of view of having a similar stack to start the hand in an MTT of course
    Oh and the idea is to flat and then fold to shoves behind pre as well :s
    ???