You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shamima Begum: Ex-Bethnal Green schoolgirl who joined IS 'wants to come home'

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

So, would you allow her to come home to Britain, or would you force her to stay in a refugee camp in Syria?

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    She is British. She has no other nationality.
    Should she be carefully questioned? Undoubtedly.
    Should she be prosecuted? Possibly.
    But she doesn't stop being British just because she has done things that I profoundly disagree with.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    When she chose to join an organisation that was killing our sons & daughters she gave up her right to citizenship in my opinion.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Heres an interesting question , If her overriding motivation for wanting to come back , was the safety of her baby . Would she agree to the child being taken off her ?
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited February 2019
    I would choose the humane path , let her give birth to her innocent baby, then dump her back in Syria, she has shown no remorse only wants to comeback to reap benefits.
    I know a load of liberals will say bring her back, but will expect someone else to go over there to retrieve the evil ****.
    And she will be given a house on benefits while some of our Ex-Servicemen and Women are homeless.
    The Mayor of London will say ok to bring her back, but he wont be her neighbour.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

But she doesn't stop being British just because she has done things that I profoundly disagree with.

Why only possibly she joined a terrorist group?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    if she comes back she should be investigated and prosecuted for acts of terrorism ,she,s a terrorist ,terrorists go jail
  • Options

Essexphil said:

A 15-year-old believed some romanticised bollo from an evil organisation. She has seen 2 of her children die, and one of her schoolfriends die. Has she suffered enough? I don't make that call, but have seen no evidence that she personally helped kill people.

She could be prosecuted, undoubtedly. Will it help in the cause against such fanatical groups? Probably not. Will it give loads of publicity to an organisation desperate for funds? Probably.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

A 15-year-old believed some romanticised bollo from an evil organisation. She has seen 2 of her children die, and one of her schoolfriends die. Has she suffered enough? I don't make that call, but have seen no evidence that she personally helped kill people.

She could be prosecuted, undoubtedly. Will it help in the cause against such fanatical groups? Probably not. Will it give loads of publicity to an organisation desperate for funds? Probably.

She was responsible for the death of her other 2 children, in my view she has not suffered enough, she was a terrorists bride so was aiding and and abetting a terrorist so she did personally help to kill people.
    She only wants to come back now for free NH care and any other benefits.
    Where would you have her live, would next door to you be ok.
    If we let her back the real far right will use that to their benefit.
    She has shown no remorse and even said seeing decapitated heads in bins didnt faze her.
    If you are in favour of her coming back, would you personally collect her and pay for her lifestyle.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726

I would choose the humane path , let her give birth to her innocent baby, then dump her back in Syria, she has shown no remorse only wants to comeback to reap benefits.
    I know a load of liberals will say bring her back, but will expect someone else to go over there to retrieve the evil ****.
    And she will be given a house on benefits while some of our Ex-Servicemen and Women are homeless.
    The Mayor of London will say ok to bring her back, but he wont be her neighbour.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan suggested that Begum, who is now 19, should not be allowed back into Britain if the security services believe that she poses a risk to national security or of committing terrorist offences.
  • Options
    This is a tough one, she is a British National so she has the right to return.,plus she was a child when she left.
    However, now she is older and doesn’t seem to be remorseful.
    I think the best course would be for her to return and face the consequences of her actions.
  • Options

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

She was responsible for the death of her other 2 children, in my view she has not suffered enough, she was a terrorists bride so was aiding and and abetting a terrorist so she did personally help to kill people.
    She has shown no remorse and even said seeing decapitated heads in bins didnt faze her.
    If you are in favour of her coming back, would you personally collect her and pay for her lifestyle.
    You don't quite get how immigration works, do you?
    When an illegal immigrant comes into our country, they normally get sent back to where they are from. Because it is their problem. Quite right too. Same applies elsewhere.

This British person, under the rules of the Syrian government, illegally entered their country. She is being sent back to the country of her birth/her nationality. She is this country's problem-she has no other nationality than British.

At 15, she was groomed to be a bride to someone she had never met. So you now believe that victims of paedophilia should be demonised? Their children deserve to die? Really?

"The real far right"? You know them better than me-I've never gone on marches with them.Some of those people are on the exact same list of terror groups as ISIS. Or do you believe the likes of National Action don't tag along?
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

This is a tough one, she is a British National so she has the right to return.,plus she was a child when she left.
    I think the best course would be for her to return and face the consequences of her actions.

If she is allowed to comeback the real far right will use it as a recruiting tool.
    How many girls returning from islamic state have been prosecuted ?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    https://youtu.be/DG2Us1cLo6Q
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

You don't quite get how immigration works, do you?
    When an illegal immigrant comes into our country, they normally get sent back to where they are from. Because it is their problem. Quite right too. Same applies elsewhere.

This British person, under the rules of the Syrian government, illegally entered their country. She is being sent back to the country of her birth/her nationality. She is this country's problem-she has no other nationality than British.

At 15, she was groomed to be a bride to someone she had never met. So you now believe that victims of paedophilia should be demonised? Their children deserve to die? Really?

"The real far right"? You know them better than me-I've never gone on marches with them.Some of those people are on the exact same list of terror groups as ISIS. Or do you believe the likes of National Action don't tag along?
    You dont know how to read a question, it was would YOU allow her to come back to Britain.
    What evidence do you have that she was groomed ?
    I have never been on a far right march.
    Where did i say her children deserved to die, i said she was responsible for her childrens deaths.

• Options

tomgoodun said:

If she is allowed to comeback the real far right will use it as a recruiting tool.
    I understand your angst, and as I said it’s a tough question.
    You said above you would choose the humane path, you have been a staunch supporter of people who “out” grooming gangs, what Phil said is accurate, I should hardly think a 15yr girl was browsing the internet and thought “ Syria looks nice at this time of year” ( glib, but you get the point)
    Just imagine if it was your daughter, kids do stupid things, this is beyond stupid I know, but we have to maintain our standards and sense of decency , or the terrorists have won, we become just like them.
  • Options
    1bigbluff1bigbluff Member Posts: 69
    Hang her or behead to many people think she can be changed

Her father has been shown to support her views been at several rallies involving high profile hate preachers and also convicted terrorists supporting said terrorists

This makes the grooming claim rubbish more likely daddy sent her because he was to old or scared himself

can those people whose heads she seen in bins come back for second chances or those she helped butcher? soldier

She and all others like her deserve treated as they treat those they have beheaded and tortured with disdain and no remorse.

From a proud parent of a serving soldier

Fracture for fracture eye for eye tooth for tooth
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

I understand your angst, and as I said it’s a tough question.
    You said above you would choose the humane path, you have been a staunch supporter of people who “out” grooming gangs, what Phil said is accurate, I should hardly think a 15yr girl was browsing the internet and thought “ Syria looks nice at this time of year” ( glib, but you get the point)
    Just imagine if it was your daughter, kids do stupid things, this is beyond stupid I know, but we have to maintain our standards and sense of decency , or the terrorists have won, we become just like them.
    So if she comes back and commits a terrorist act, and kills an innocent child over here will you be able to talk to the Parents and say we have to maintain our standards?
  • Options
    I would like to know why Tikay has posted this question on a poker chat thread ?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

I would like to know why Tikay has posted this question on a poker chat thread ?

Posted in error on Poker Chat, my apologies.

Moved now to The Rail.
  • Options
    1bigbluff said:

Hang her or behead to many people think she can be changed

Her father has been shown to support her views been at several rallies involving high profile hate preachers and also convicted terrorists supporting said terrorists

This makes the grooming claim rubbish more likely daddy sent her because he was to old or scared himself

can those people whose heads she seen in bins come back for second chances or those she helped butcher? soldier

She and all others like her deserve treated as they treat those they have beheaded and tortured with disdain and no remorse.

From a proud parent of a serving soldier

Fracture for fracture eye for eye tooth for tooth

Well said, and upmost respect for any members of the BRITISH ARMY, we have homeless vets, but if she comes back she will be housed, at our expense.