You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shamima Begum: Ex-Bethnal Green schoolgirl who joined IS 'wants to come home'

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Tikay10 said:

I would like to know why Tikay has posted this question on a poker chat thread ?

Posted in error

Moved now to The Rail.
    FYP :smiley:
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    1bigbluff said:

Hang her or behead to many people think she can be changed

Her father has been shown to support her views been at several rallies involving high profile hate preachers and also convicted terrorists supporting said terrorists

This makes the grooming claim rubbish more likely daddy sent her because he was to old or scared himself

can those people whose heads she seen in bins come back for second chances or those she helped butcher? soldier

She and all others like her deserve treated as they treat those they have beheaded and tortured with disdain and no remorse.

From a proud parent of a serving soldier

Fracture for fracture eye for eye tooth for tooth

And when we all kill each other, what is left to fight for?

Does the one with the biggest armoury deserve victory , or those with the “right morals”

“An eye for an eye” was in the Old Testament ( As far as I remember, could be wrong) but was repudiated by Jesus.
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    tomgoodun said:

1bigbluff said:

Her father has been shown to support her views been at several rallies involving high profile hate preachers and also convicted terrorists supporting said terrorists

This makes the grooming claim rubbish more likely daddy sent her because he was to old or scared himself

can those people whose heads she seen in bins come back for second chances or those she helped butcher? soldier

She and all others like her deserve treated as they treat those they have beheaded and tortured with disdain and no remorse.

Does the one with the biggest armoury deserve victory , or those with the “right morals

“An eye for an eye” was in the Old Testament ( As far as I remember, could be wrong) but was repudiated by Jesus.
    Thats the one.
  • Options

tomgoodun said:

1bigbluff said:

Does the one with the biggest armoury deserve victory , or those with the “right morals

Thats the one.
    Does washing our hands of her sound like having good morals?
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

1bigbluff said:

Thats the one.
    Yes, now can you answer my earlier question please?
  • Options

tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

1bigbluff said:

Thats the one.
    Yes, now can you answer my earlier question please?
    Sorry, I thought it rhetorical
    I don’t know how many have been prosecuted , I think this case is different to most tbh, some would say she’s more culpable than those who returned previously and have a fair point as she stayed TIL the end.
  • Options

tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

This is a tough one, she is a British National so she has the right to return.,plus she was a child when she left.
    However, now she is older and doesn’t seem to be remorseful.
    I think the best course would be for her to return and face the consequences of her actions.

If she is allowed to comeback the real far right will use it as a recruiting tool.
    How many girls returning from islamic state have been prosecuted ?
    I understand your angst, and as I said it’s a tough question.
    You said above you would choose the humane path, you have been a staunch supporter of people who “out” grooming gangs, what Phil said is accurate, I should hardly think a 15yr girl was browsing the internet and thought “ Syria looks nice at this time of year” ( glib, but you get the point)
    Just imagine if it was your daughter, kids do stupid things, this is beyond stupid I know, but we have to maintain our standards and sense of decency , or the terrorists have won, we become just like them.
    So if she comes back and commits a terrorist act, and kills an innocent child over here will you be able to talk to the Parents and say we have to maintain our standards?
    Sorry Tom meant this one.
  • Options
    I also think washing your hands of this girl shows a distinct lack of morals.
    It smacks of “ Let her rot where she is”
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    please don't run the legs of my Puppies........... they are also victims of grooming.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

I also think washing your hands of this girl shows a distinct lack of morals.
    It smacks of “ Let her rot where she is”

What happens when she comes back, and maybe carries out a terrorist attack and kills an innocent child, what do you say to the parents of child, sorry but our morals said to take her back ?
  • Options
    Luckily! it's not for us to decide just live with the consequences.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    The proirity here is an unborn child.

If it was up to me i,d bring her back, lock her up for a lengthy sentence and let the child be fostered.

P
  • Options
    MP33 said:

The proirity here is an unborn child.

If it was up to me i,d bring her back, lock her up for a lengthy sentence and let the child be fostered.

P

Yes agree the child is an innocent, and does not deserve a mother like that.
  • Options
    Echo! Your Mothers your Mother no matter what she's done.
  • Options
    MrModhaMrModha Member Posts: 11
    I have bounced around both options as I believe she has helped make life for Muslims here a lot more difficult with her high profile escape, as well as enabled more attention on a terrorist group that has caused harm to so many. However she is a British citizen and we can't legally leave her stateless as well as allow an innocent child to suffer. We should do the same as we do for any criminal, extradite (or equivalent seeing as we have no diplomatic relations with Syria) and prosecute on criminal charges. Treating her any differently plays into the hands of those who want to cause division.
  • Options
    MrModha said:

I have bounced around both options as I believe she has helped make life for Muslims here a lot more difficult with her high profile escape, as well as enabled more attention on a terrorist group that has caused harm to so many. However she is a British citizen and we can't legally leave her stateless as well as allow an innocent child to suffer. We should do the same as we do for any criminal, extradite (or equivalent seeing as we have no diplomatic relations with Syria) and prosecute on criminal charges. Treating her any differently plays into the hands of those who want to cause division.

The question by Tikay was would you allow her to return or leave her where she is.
    The legal side of it is not the question just what you would decide personally.
  • Options
    Tikay since you raised this question, what would you do ?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    Let the woman come here, be interviewed and if she poses no apparent threat leave her be.

I pay my taxes and dont begrudge one needy person.

• Options
    mumsie said:

Let the woman come here, be interviewed and if she poses no apparent threat leave her be.

I pay my taxes and dont begrudge one needy person.

So if that needy person kills an innocent child what do you say to the parents , i pay my taxes and she was needy ?
  • Options
    MrModhaMrModha Member Posts: 11

MrModha said:

The question by Tikay was would you allow her to return or leave her where she is.
    The legal side of it is not the question just what you would decide personally.
    Thanks, I'm aware what was asked. My answer is I would personally uphold the legal obligations we have and act accordingly.