You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shamima Begum: Ex-Bethnal Green schoolgirl who joined IS 'wants to come home'

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    The other thing is , it brings the vile self publicising Tasnime Akunjee back to the forefront .

• Options
    Also just read this in a BBC news article about it >>>"Ms Begum told the Times she feared her child would be taken from her if she came back to the UK."

Well I'm sorry , but the baby should be taken away from her! Her motivation for wanting to come back to the UK , should be the safety and whats best for the child .
    She will no doubt come back with severe physchological issues and require lengthy de radicalisation . I don't really think it would be in anyones interest to jail her , as she is a victim like many others.
    So to answer the question , let her back , take the child away from her, and ensure that she gets the physchologic treatment she needs, whilst constantly and for evermore evaluing if she any sort of terrorist threat.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,648
    She turned her back on her country ,she worked with the enemy, she's a traitor, traitors go jail, she can get all the psychological help she needs in jail
  • Options
    stokefc said:

She turned her back on her country ,she worked with the enemy, she's a traitor, traitors go jail, she can get all the psychological help she needs in jail

She was a very young girl , who was preyed upon and seduced by a vile organisation .
  • Options
    Her parents should of put a stop to it before it spiralled out of control.
    My daughter is 15 i would know if she was being groomed by some evil organization cuz I make regular checks and talk to her daily about what's going on in her life
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Her parents should of put a stop to it before it spiralled out of control.
    My daughter is 15 i would know if she was being groomed by some evil organization cuz I make regular checks and talk to her daily about what's going on in her life

How ineffective , their parenting was , is a whole different story to discuss and not relative to how she should now be treated . You don't form a sensible opinion on how she should be treated , based on how the parents didn't do their job . Ridiculous !
  • Options
    My opinion is she's a terrorist and a traitor and should be treated as such
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,078

stokefc said:

She was a very young girl , who was preyed upon and seduced by a vile organisation .
    Completely agree with this.

I understand some 800 people from the UK joined this vile organisation, and over 50% have returned already. The vast majority were men who took an active part in killing for their cause.

Of course this woman must be carefully questioned, monitored, and quite possibly prosecuted. What I do not understand is why we are choosing to vilify this particular young woman for marrying an accused terrorist, and want some form of show trial, rather than the terrorists themselves.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    In terms of the parenting, will it not be the case that in a very high % of cases parenting will be at fault because that is the sort of vulnerable child that these groups target?
  • Options
    stokefc said:

And my opinion is shes a victim in every sense . And you help victims , not punish them .
    If this was a conversation about a sexual grooming victim , some of the hardline emotive language we have seen on here wouldnt have appeared .
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,079

Here's Jacob Reed Mogg's take on the situation. (Video is only 1minute & 22 seconds long).

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Here's Jacob Reed Mogg's take on the situation. (Video is only 1minute & 22 seconds long).

Not a fan of his particularly , but he's nailed it completely .!
  • Options
    Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

Not a fan of his particularly , but he's nailed it completely .!
    That was the general view on Twitter judging by the feedback - most people said they dislike him & rarely agree with him, but he got it right this time.
  • Options

The young lady has now given birth to her child. Mother & baby are reportedly both fine.
  • Options
    1bigbluff1bigbluff Member Posts: 69
    Made a journey of over 3000 miles to get there that's some effort for anyone let alone a 15 year old she was not groomed she was radicalized there is difference!

That radicalization began at home and will continue to flourish if she returns
    Look for some stories on her father

Has probably been trained in making ieds and took part in murders and tortures bring her back to radicalized and train others

Also have you heard any remorse no none at all did not bother her walking by dead bodies or heads in bins only thing other than herself and baby she cared about was not seeing her husband again very remorseful

Please share anything that shows any remorse on her part!

To be fair a grooming story would not appear on here but then again was rather surprised to see this but there would be calls for the death penalty and castration for the offender but guess what she is the perpetrator not the victim.

She is only wanting away for the easy life she can have here without the worry off being beheaded burned tortured and mutilated wonder how many she and her husband took the same chance away from?

She made her bed let her lie in it

Her victims can't come back so why should she?

stokefc said:

And my opinion is shes a victim in every sense . And you help victims , not punish them .
    If this was a conversation about a sexual grooming victim , some of the hardline emotive language we have seen on here wouldnt have appeared .
  • Options
    1bigbluff said:

Made a journey of over 3000 miles to get there that's some effort for anyone let alone a 15 year old she was not groomed she was radicalized there is difference!

Has probably been trained in making ieds and took part in murders and tortures bring her back to radicalized and train others

Also have you heard any remorse no none at all did not bother her walking by dead bodies or heads in bins only thing other than herself and baby she cared about was not seeing her husband again very remorseful

To be fair a grooming story would not appear on here but then again was rather surprised to see this but there would be calls for the death penalty and castration for the offender but guess what she is the perpetrator not the victim.

She is only wanting away for the easy life she can have here without the worry off being beheaded burned tortured and mutilated wonder how many she and her husband took the same chance away from?

stokefc said:

Not that it makes a blind bit of difference to how she should be treated now but presumably you can back up the bolded part with proof not speculation ?

Either way , you roll it and whatever language you want to use to describe her life , she is a victim .
  • Options
    1bigbluff1bigbluff Member Posts: 69
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/jihadi-schoolgirl-s-father-marched-at-flag-burning-rally-anjem-choudary-10138591.html

https://www.politicalite.com/latest/updated-revealed-father-of-isis-three-attended-rally-with-anjem-choudary-and-lee-rigby-killer/

1bigbluff said:

Open your eyes but got a feeling yours are wide open and probably enjoy it a little bit

stokefc said:

Not that it makes a blind bit of difference to how she should be treated now but presumably you can back up the bolded part with proof not speculation ?

Either way , you roll it and whatever language you want to use to describe her life , she is a victim .
  • Options
    Something doesn't look quite right with either of those 2 photos , but it's pretty irrelevant who radicalised her or when ....the fact is she has been , and anyone who thinks an impressionable young 15 year old girl is capable of resistance to these terrorist groups , they need their heads read . To also , question why she would not come out straight away and show any form of remorse for being part of that group , equally I would suggest has no idea how radicalisation works and how strongly an ethos would be ingrained into their minds .
    I've made my views clear on what I think should happen next with her and don't really see any further point in reiterating them.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,427
    'I can't stand the thought of her being allowed back': Mother whose 15-year-old daughter was killed in Manchester Arena bombing leads backlash against ISIS bride after she said terror attack was 'JUSTIFIED'

Charlotte Campbell's daughter Olivia, 15, was among those killed in May 2017
    Reveals her horror at thought of Shammima Begum being allowed back in UK
    Begum says air strikes against Syria are 'justification' for Manchester attack
    Survivor Robby Potter has also criticised Begum suggestion she could return

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6719799/Mother-daughter-killed-Manchester-Arena-bombing-leads-backlash-against-ISIS-bride.html
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

'I can't stand the thought of her being allowed back': Mother whose 15-year-old daughter was killed in Manchester Arena bombing leads backlash against ISIS bride after she said terror attack was 'JUSTIFIED'

Charlotte Campbell's daughter Olivia, 15, was among those killed in May 2017
    Reveals her horror at thought of Shammima Begum being allowed back in UK
    Begum says air strikes against Syria are 'justification' for Manchester attack
    Survivor Robby Potter has also criticised Begum suggestion she could return

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6719799/Mother-daughter-killed-Manchester-Arena-bombing-leads-backlash-against-ISIS-bride.html

Is it your opinion she shouldn't be allowed back ?