You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Glasgow Live Update

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,046

The cardroom is now starting to populate. It's the so-called Old Firm derby today, Celtic v Rangers, about which the locals get a little excited.

There are a dozen or so plasma screens dotted around the cardroom, all on max volume, groan, & little groups of fans are gathered around each one, hooting & hollering & generally getting overly excited.

Football fans, huh. Its not like it's a proper local derby, Arsenal v Spurs or Brum Villa, is it?
  • Options

Rose, Sid & Craig have all arrived from various destinations, & players are generally gathering around. There is a seat draw up on the plasma, but it's very blurred so I can't take a photo of it, sorry. Shame, as it would have been very handy for me, too, as I'm struggling to put faces to names today.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,174
    Tikay10 said:

PJDIVO said:

Had a brilliant day yesterday, my first sky live event. Playing a very short stack today but hopefully il get a double up and can play a bit. Thank you all for a great experience so far!

Morning PJ @PJDIVO

Glad you enjoyed it.

I can't guess which of the shorties you are from the list, but whoever you are, hope you get that early double up & go on to have a deep run.

Live poker is the nuts, isn't it? Especially if everyone, or almost everyone, is playing the game in the right spirit, as most were yesterday. There's always a few with THUTA of course.

We may even have shared tables, I was the middle-aged chap in the sky Poker hoodie & cap.

Anyway, VBOL today mate.
    My guess would be Paul Divers :)

....and I presume Andy Shottas is SidV79 (Andy Shotton)....hope so. Nice stack Andy and Best of Luck today mate.... Take it Down for ALL us 'Ageing Punks' B);)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

PJDIVO said:

Had a brilliant day yesterday, my first sky live event. Playing a very short stack today but hopefully il get a double up and can play a bit. Thank you all for a great experience so far!

Morning PJ @PJDIVO

Glad you enjoyed it.

I can't guess which of the shorties you are from the list, but whoever you are, hope you get that early double up & go on to have a deep run.

Live poker is the nuts, isn't it? Especially if everyone, or almost everyone, is playing the game in the right spirit, as most were yesterday. There's always a few with THUTA of course.

We may even have shared tables, I was the middle-aged chap in the sky Poker hoodie & cap.

Anyway, VBOL today mate.
    My guess would be Paul Divers :)

....and I presume Andy Shottas is SidV79 (Andy Shotton)....hope so. Nice stack Andy and Best of Luck today mate.... Take it Down for ALL us 'Ageing Punks' B);)
    Ha, yes, of course. I'm a bit out of it today.

He arrived a bit ago, said hi & shook my hand like a proper old-fashioned Gent with manners & social skills. Most unusual.

And yes, correct as to Sid/Andy, who is currently sat right opposite me, as is Craig. My work-station is a sort of babe-magnet, I get them all here.
  • Options

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A crescendo of childish shouting erupts around the cardroom, rather like a junior school playground when Teacher falls over, as Celtic or Rangers - who cares which? - apparently scored a goal thing.

I should add that I'm very tired, very tired indeed, this will be my third 18 hour day without an afternoon nap, & when I'm tired I get grumpy. Exceedingly grumpy. I suppose you may already have noticed that.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Here we go - chip stacks in alphabetical order;

• Options
    edited March 2019

....and by stack size;

G
  • Options

Players are taking their seats, & all of a sudden the atmo has been cranked up as the players open their "bags".
  • Options
    edited March 2019
  • Options

26 places will be paid, & 57 players returned for Day 2.

Soon as I get the Prize Pool, I'll post it up in here.
  • Options

Play has begun.....

• Options

...and we lose the short-stacked Doug Murdoch very first hand as he jams his 14 Bigs in with A-10 but can't beat 9-9.
  • Options
  • Options

Incoming bad news......
  • Options

Unforch, Rose is BUSTO.

She shoved with 7-7, looked up by A-8, which we like - but the A-A-J flop was a bit of a killer, & A-8 man eventually ended up with a boat.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

And less than 15 minutes after the re-start, 7 tables has (have?) become 6, most of whom can be seen here.

• Options

I'll get the Prize Breakdown up later, but I believe 1st will collect some £13,800.
  • Options

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And Celtic have scored. Or maybe it was Rangers. (The blue ones).
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,229
    It was the Gers...................................YES.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Ouch.

It is always the river......