You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Glasgow Live Update

Comments

• Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    rabdeniro said:

It was the Gers...................................YES.

+1
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076
    edited March 2019

This was fun, all-in pre.

After the flop, A-3 man was praying for the 3, A-5 man the 5.

The turn changed everything, suddenly they both wanted each others out.

After the river the table went silent, as nobody was quite sure if it was a chop or not. "A-A-Q-7....YES, 5 plays" sorta thing.

No chop, off you go A-3 Man.

• Options

Lots of early departures, and the 57 returnees has already reduced to 45, and as we speak, they are breaking to 5 tables from the original 9.

It's all happening way too fast for me to keep up.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Mr Channing, who has been here an hour or so, chatting, chilling & generally acting as an Ambo should, has now wandered into Town, allegedly to take ride on an open top bus. In Glasgow. On a freezing cold March afternoon.

I mean, really?

I think he's gone on a tour of Ladbrokes & Betfred betting shops, to collect his ill-gotten gains from yesterday's horse racing.

He's a big horse racing punter, very big, but I don't think he bets the football as much.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Sid is still going along OK, but here's a weird thing in the "It's a Small World" dept.

See the smiley tattoo'd Gentleman next to Sid? I don't know him from Adam, never seen him or spoken to him in my life.

And he says "tikay, we have a mutual friend, who I work with, JamieLou, we were talking about you last night".

And who is JamieLou? She is the Degenerate (but lovely degenerate) Daughter of MOTHER, aka @Amarie.

Proper small world.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Aggro shortie shoves, & Sid, in the Big Blind, looks him up with A-7 dd, hopeful that it might be enough.

It's not, not by a long chalk, as he is dominated by A-Q.

But wait.....

Oh my, he loves the door card.

And the next card.

And the card after that.

And the turn.

That's how it's done, apparently.

WAL.

• Options

It's just broken to 4 Tables, so we have gone from 57 to 36 in 1 hour & 40 minutes so far today.

I somehow get the feeling we are headed for a very late night though
  • Options

A couple of readers asked me to get a photo of the famous (?) actor chap who is here, but when I asked him he was not, shall we say, overly keen.

Never mind, if you keep your eyes peeled, I daresay he'll be seen in a photo at some stage.
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Tikay10 said:

Aggro shortie shoves, & Sid, in the Big Blind, looks him up with A-7 dd, hopeful that it might be enough.

It's not, not by a long chalk, as he is dominated by A-Q.

But wait.....

Oh my, he loves the door card.

And the next card.

And the card after that.

And the turn.

That's how it's done, apparently.

WAL.

Go Andy take it down>
  • Options
    bearacebearace Member Posts: 132
    Here is said shy actor about to meet a sticky end in Outlander.

• Options
    bearace said:

Here is said shy actor about to meet a sticky end in Outlander.

Ha, you are the best MrBearrrrrrrrrr
  • Options

Seems to be going quite slowly this afternoon, but with 32 left, from 57 returnees, I guess that's not really true.

They have been playing for around 2.5 hours today (net of breaks).

• Options

Sky_James has joined me now, so that'll be a help with identifying players & watching hands, as I'm struggling to be in 2 places at once.

It'll be fine when they get down to 2 tables though.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Doing a grand job, very impressive stamina for a pensioner.
  • Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    Great updates. Go on Sid you can do it ... good luck mate
  • Options

Bubble time.......

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited March 2019
    A small update for you Tikay from the GPS Mini from Stoke, which should make you smile. Ali Mallu has just gone out in 24th. A good effort, which I am defo not knocking. However....his last two hands were....7, 4 (v Q Q) & 5, 3 (v A 10). He loves a gamble. BTW, a Sky regular (not me, obv) had the QQ hand and is still going well in it. I will let you know if he hits the FT so not to bok him now B)
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

A small update for you Tikay from the GPS Mini from Stoke, which should make you smile. Ali Mallu has just gone out in 24th. A good effort, which I am defo not knocking. However....his last two hands were....7, 4 (v Q Q) & 5, 3 (v A 10). He loves a gamble. BTW, a Sky regular (not me, obv) had the QQ hand and is still going well in it. I will let you know if he hits the FT so not to bok him now B)

Ha, incred.

Love Ali Mallu to bits.

If time permits, I'll tell you a little Ali Mallu tale shortly.

GL to the mystery Sky Regular.
  • Options

Poker players do the weirdest things (Part 732).

So it's hand for hand on 3 tables.

2 Tables have completed their hands, & are sat there patiently, awaiting the 3rd table to complete.

Meanwhile, on the third table, action is on a short-stacked Gent, playing maybe 4 Bigs.

He sits there, doing nothing. Not called, not folded, not nothing. When pressed, he openly admits he is tanking so as to try & ladder.

Eventually "clock" is called, & he mucks, & he is politely reminded that they are H4H, & he can take all day & it won't make a dot of difference.

Inexplicable really, in fact self-defeating, as it makes his position worse as to the Blinds, the longer he tanks the worse it gets for him.

Hope he cashes, obv, but all very odd.

• Options

H4H continues, it's all very tense.

A guaranteed min cash is £worth 450 to the man (or Lady, there is 1 left) who survives the bubble.