You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2019
    HAYSIE said:

ig

Calling all Brexiteers!

Join The Brexit Party in Lincoln, Durham, Pontefract and Huddersfield for rallies with Nigel Farage and Richard Tice!

Book now whilst tickets last: http://thebrexitparty.org/events

Dumb and dumber.
    Showing yourself up again with insults ! Despite @Tikay10 's constant requests for people to be respectful and polite to each other , once again , you just can't help yourself .
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,470

HAYSIE said:

ig

Calling all Brexiteers!

Join The Brexit Party in Lincoln, Durham, Pontefract and Huddersfield for rallies with Nigel Farage and Richard Tice!

Dumb and dumber.
    Showing yourself up again with insults ! Despite @Tikay10 's constant requests for people to be respectful and polite to each other , once again , you just can't help yourself .
    That is my honest opinion of the pair of them. Other people may not be able to see through them, and I will respect their views, which they are fully entitled to.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

HAYSIE said:

ig

Calling all Brexiteers!

Dumb and dumber.

Credit where it’s due. It had not yet been 24 hours since Nigel Farage had been on the Sunday politics shows, warning of the “final betrayal” that was coming. And here he was, not even waiting for it not to come, but delivering it himself.
    The Brexit Party, the party Farage set up himself to contest the European elections he so desperately does not want to be contesting, was holding a press conference to announce it was betraying its own voters.
    Farage was introduced by the Brexit Party chairman, a man called Richard Tice, who is best known, though nevertheless unknown, for appearing at political events in a white open-topped bus with “Leave Means Leave” painted down the side.
    When it turned up at Tory party conference last year, he promised free non-EU booze to anyone who could spare five minutes to talk to him.
    Two people turned up, and one of them, I must reveal, was your humble sketch writer, there exclusively to take the **** out of the whole thing. It did not prove hard.
    Anyway, I digress. Tice had a message, and that message was that a vote for the Brexit Party in the European elections was a vote for “a WTO Brexit”, which is better known as a “no-deal Brexit” and best understood as a Place-Sanctions-On-Yourself Brexit.

Quite the volte face then. When Farage and co were going round the country three years ago, armed with slightly different lies, no one whispered a word about no-deal Brexit. Asked about it at the time, Farage’s view was that Angela Merkel simply wouldn’t allow it. She would be running for president again in 2017, and the German car makers would be so angry about it, “she would throw the election”.
    And yet, here we are, three years on, and, wouldn’t you know, Farage is betraying himself. Betraying everyone he talked round to his cause three years ago, betraying everything he’s ever said, just for the sake of standing in an election, which, just to be absolutely clear, he absolutely definitely doesn’t want to be standing in. Oh no.
    This was nevertheless, the less startling of the two big announcements. For we also learn that as well as a vote for the Brexit Party being a vote for “WTO Brexit”, it is also a vote for the Brexit Party’s MEPs to be involved in the Brexit negotiations. It is a vote to simultaneously sit down at the negotiating table and turn it over and walk away.
    And who would be doing the negotiating? “The highest quality candidates,” claimed Tice, which are currently not limited to Ann Widdecombe and former Loaded mag editor Martin Daubney, who not so long ago was proud to organise a “straight pride” march through London, fearlessly sticking it to gay pride, standing up for downtrodden straight men everywhere.

The betrayal Farage had been warning about still hasn’t come, by the way. That “betrayal” is a May/Corbyn deal on a temporary customs union, which we are led to believe is imminent but has not yet happened.
    If it does, Farage will have every right to be angry. He warned about this at the time, if you remember. He warned and no one listened. You’ll recall the “Breaking Point” poster, where he stood in front of a non-existent queue of lorries stretching no distance whatsoever up the M20, warning that the British people had had enough of frictionless trade with the European Union.
    That just-in-time supply chain had to be smashed up. It was never about free movement, ended under Theresa May’s deal. Never about payments to the EU, also ended. It was always, always, about the customs union.
    And if that’s not how you remember it, then maybe, just maybe, the betrayers aren’t who Farage says they are.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nigel-farage-betraying-own-voters-154814141.html
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

ig

Calling all Brexiteers!

Dumb and dumber.
    That is my honest opinion of the pair of them. Other people may not be able to see through them, and I will respect their views, which they are fully entitled to.

Chipper Nigel Farage grins and barely tries to sound plausible

It’s no deal or nothing for Nige, and his Brexit party is ready to negotiate the non-negotiable

You have to feel sorry for Nigel Farage. Time and again he has told us how much he despises the EU and how its MEPs are worthless parasites. Yet for the last 20 years he just hasn’t been able to drag himself away. He has been forced against his will to pocket more than £12,000 a month in salary and living allowances, not to mention a generous pension on top, just for making the occasional unhelpful appearance in Brussels. It’s an outrage. And to add insult to injury, now he’s being made to get himself elected to the European parliament yet again. This time as leader of his new Brexit party.
    For a man who clearly suffers so much in the service of his people, Nige was looking remarkably chipper at his latest press conference in London. Suntanned, relaxed and with the blissed-out look of someone whose grin has been stitched in place by a third-rate plastic surgeon operating out of the backstreets of LA, he is not so much a politician as a cable TV evangelist promising salvation in exchange for his followers selling their mothers and their souls.

First though, we were treated to a Robert Kilroy-Silk tribute act, the property developer and man of the people Richard Tice, whose wealth has played no part in establishing him as Farage’s go-to warmup act. “People want change in politics,” said Tice. Which seemed a rash claim given that Nige has been something of a broken record for decades now and was not offering anything very different from before.

No matter how often he tries to reinvent himself, Farage invariably reverts to his default settings. At heart he still has the air of the dodgy financial salesman who mis-sells you an insurance policy then later phones you up to say he is prepared to act on your behalf in reclaiming the money you are owed provided you agree to give him one-third of whatever he can get out of the insurance company. Not content with that, he will then try to get a third hit out of you by persuading you to reinvest the damages in yet another of his iffy schemes.
    Tice went on to outline the new modus operandi. After winning the EU elections, the Brexit party was going to insist that its MEPs be invited to take part in negotiating a no-deal Brexit. Even though the whole point of a no-deal Brexit was that there wasn’t anything to negotiate, the Brexit party’s MEPs were going to be on hand to oversee the negotiations that weren’t going to happen. Like Nige before them, they would be in Brussels to do absolutely nothing whatsoever.
    “We have the highest-quality candidates,” Tice insisted. “People who are far better qualified in negotiations than our current MPs and civil servants.” Because the reason the UK was in its current state of crisis was that no one had asked Annunziata Rees-Mogg, Claire Fox, Ann Widdecombe or Martin Daubney to be involved as its chief Brexit negotiators.

Think about it a minute. What had been missing was a woman who couldn’t even negotiate the family nanny away from her brother, an apologist for IRA killings who holds others to far higher standards than she does herself, a Strictly Come Dancing contestant and a man whose chief contribution to public life had been to edit a lads’ mag. Who knew that the last three years could have been so different if only this quartet had been called into action. It’s a view, I suppose.
    Not that Farage seemed bothered. “This is about democracy,” he declared, without any sense of irony. Nothing Nige has ever done has been about democracy. It’s always been all about him. Ukip was his baby and the Brexit party is much the same. He runs the organisation like a totalitarian regime.
    What he says goes: everyone else is just a satellite orbiting his ego. Useful objects of desire to be used and discarded in the fulfilment of his narcissistic fantasies. Fantasies that change week by week, year by year. Before the referendum he was happy with a Norway-style Brexit. Now it’s no deal or nothing. Regardless of what the majority of the country may want. His is a democracy that tells the people what they are going to get and then sets about giving it to them.

Nige rattled on undeterred. The Brexit party would contest a general election but it wouldn’t have any credible policies. But he wouldn’t seek to become an MP himself. Far too risky. Seven times bitten, eight times shy. Rather he was far better off showing his MEPs the Brussels ropes. How to fiddle expenses. That sort of thing.
    And just because he had previous form on antisemitism and Islamophobia didn’t make him a racist.
    After 30 minutes or so, Farage appeared to lose interest. Enough was enough. It had been a decent morning’s work. The more useless Westminster politicians appeared to be, the easier his job became. And right now it was something of a doddle. He didn’t need to sound even vaguely plausible. All he had to do was stand up and insist he would be different. As long as nobody started to look too closely, all would be well.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/07/chipper-nigel-farage-grins-and-barely-tries-to-sound-plausible

Sorry but I stand by dumb and dumber.

You may have a different view, which of course I respect.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

ig

Calling all Brexiteers!

Dumb and dumber.
    I understand, and appreciate Tikays comments about being respectful and polite to each other.

However, as you well know my comments were directed at the two public figures mentioned in your post, and not at you. So I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

Unless of course you are saying that it is not possible to criticise anyone that is mentioned on the forum?

Nigel Farage is a marmite type character, and people tend to love him or hate him.

I fall into the latter category.

I think it would be fair to say that millions of people can see through him, and think he is an idiot.

To say this, is not passing any comment regarding his fans, or those who post about him, which is what Tikay was referring to.

My comments referred to those that were posted about, rather than the poster.

I have previously referred to the futility of continually, and repeatedly posting the details of every Brexit Party rally, and have no need to do so again.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

ig

Calling all Brexiteers!

Dumb and dumber.
    I understand, and appreciate Tikays comments about being respectful and polite to each other.

However, as you well know my comments were directed at the two public figures mentioned in your post, and not at you. So I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

Unless of course you are saying that it is not possible to criticise anyone that is mentioned on the forum?

Nigel Farage is a marmite type character, and people tend to love him or hate him.

I think it would be fair to say that millions of people can see through him, and think he is an idiot.

To say this, is not passing any comment regarding his fans, or those who post about him, which is what Tikay was referring to.

I have previously referred to the futility of continually, and repeatedly posting the details of every Brexit Party rally, and have no need to do so again.
    You quoted part of a post from me which included 2 letters "i " and " g" from a previous post that I hadn't fully deleted .
    Unfortunately I don't happen to be a part time fortume teller , so If you quote a 2 letter post from from me and follow that by the phrase dumb and dumber ...who exactly am i supposed to think that it applies to ? I would suggest you learn how to quote properly ( If i believe what you say , and thats borderline) .
    You talk about the futility in your opinion of posting details of every brexit party rally , it's an opinion ...one I have no intention of paying any attention to ...this thread is titled, brexit party NEWS and articles . Therefore relevant .
    However what is totally futile and pointless other than to try and get a reaction from me is to constantly duplicate pictures and posts on your redundant thread and this one as well.
    The whole thing is fairly simple really , you show some respect on my thread and ( even though i rarely go onto yours ) , I will do the same ...however If you continually aim to troll this thread by flooding it with repetitive and sometimes crude content then this is a battle which will continue .
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Calling all Brexiteers!

Dumb and dumber.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Calling all Brexiteers!

Dumb and dumber.

A clue might have been that you mentioned two people in your post, to which I responded dumb and dumber.
    The second clue might have been that both the people you referred to were the subject of my two subsequent posts.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

ig

Calling all Brexiteers!

Dumb and dumber.

You quoted part of a post from me which included 2 letters "i " and " g" from a previous post that I hadn't fully deleted .
    Unfortunately I don't happen to be a part time fortume teller , so If you quote a 2 letter post from from me and follow that by the phrase dumb and dumber ...who exactly am i supposed to think that it applies to ? I would suggest you learn how to quote properly ( If i believe what you say , and thats borderline) .
    You talk about the futility in your opinion of posting details of every brexit party rally , it's an opinion ...one I have no intention of paying any attention to ...this thread is titled, brexit party NEWS and articles . Therefore relevant .
    However what is totally futile and pointless other than to try and get a reaction from me is to constantly duplicate pictures and posts on your redundant thread and this one as well.
    The whole thing is fairly simple really , you show some respect on my thread and ( even though i rarely go onto yours ) , I will do the same ...however If you continually aim to troll this thread by flooding it with repetitive and sometimes crude content then this is a battle which will continue .

Five minutes ago you were extolling the virtues of being respectful and polite.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

ig

Calling all Brexiteers!

Dumb and dumber.

Five minutes ago you were extolling the virtues of being respectful and polite.
    That is an extremely polite post ( I don't need to resort to name calling to make my points ) ..obviously , as is apparent , a pointless exercise with you .
    This is definitively the last piece of airtime I give you Haysie ...unfortunately from now on , you will have to argue with and troll yourself .
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Become a registered brexit party supporter >>>>

https://thebrexitparty.org/register/

• Options

Calling all Brexiteers!

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,539
    Remain Party battle Bus. Needs 88 people to get back to the future.

• Options
    goldon said:

Think that's in the museum , alongside the petition that died a death :D
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,539

Brexit for Prime Minister or Democracy is Dead.

Getting excited at the prospect of " New Kids on the Block" wish I was younger to get involved but sadly my get up and go.......... has got up and gone. sob!

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Political revolution on the way .....the European elections , just the start .
    This 2 party system led by dithering career politicians is well past it's sell by date ..brexit illustrates this perfectly ...nothing wrong with the principle , just the people responsible for executing it .
    Put successfull business men and women in charge of negotiating trade deals , people who actually know how to make money and make enterprises financially viable .

If the " enemys " keep tuned in , I might actually come up with more opinions ....might :p

p.s thanks for the 7.1 k views :D
  • Options
    National debt in EU countries in the 3rd quarter 2018 in relation to gross domestic product (GDP)

Statistic: National debt in EU countries in the 3rd quarter 2018 in relation to gross domestic product (GDP) | Statista
    Find more statistics at Statista
  • Options
    goldon said:

PICTURED: Pub landlord's smashed car after it 'was hit by Nigel Farage's chauffeur-driven 4x4' before the Brexit party leader 'upped and left'

Nigel Farage (right inset) has been banned from his local pub in Kent after he allegedly made a swift exit when he was involved in a head on crash (wreckage pictured) with the landlord, Patrick Tranter, 38, and his one-year-old son (pictured together left inset). Mr Tranter said: 'Man of the people my ****. He didn't even bother to see if me and my little boy were OK. He just upped and left. There's no way he'll be welcome back in my pub - which has the most British sounding name going.' Farage will no longer be welcome at Mr Tranter's George and Dragon pub.
  • Options
  • Options
    Brexit causes UK to lose more than 400,000 millionaires
    In the space of 12 months, about £1.2tn has been wiped off the value of household wealth in the UK, as sterling dropped against the dollar

The UK has lost about 15 per cent of its millionaire as the country’s decision to leave the EU rattled the pound and the stock market.
    UK household wealth has plummeted by a combined $1.5 trillion (£1.2tn) in the space of 12 months, according to the Global Wealth report by Credit Suisse - one of the biggest drops in wealth among the major economies.

This contributed to more than 400,000 Britons losing their status as dollar millionaires.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-pound-stocks-millionaires-uk-lose-a7431241.html