You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

ALAN18 CASH GAME PROGRESS THREAD 4NL to 50NL IN 6 MONTHS

18910111214»

Comments

• ALAN_18ALAN_18 Member Posts: 225
    BigHawk89 said:

Some good advice on this thread.

If you are wanting to move up to 20nl and have a smallish roll, why don't you just add one table of nl20 and carry on playing nl10? You don't have to tie yourself to one level. This makes it easier to table select too.

Yes I agree mate and think I am going to drop my table count as @Duesenberg said and maybe play something like 2 x 10NL and 2 x 20NL. That way I can start getting a feel for 20NL with a bit more time to think my actions through and also be able to take better notes.
    Having just managed to make priority with an hour left to go this month does anyone know if I will receive my rakeback today or will it be the first working day of the month ?
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You get it some point today, very random as to what time. Could be any time up till 6pm
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited June 2019
    ALAN_18 said:

Having just managed to make priority with an hour left to go this month does anyone know if I will receive my rakeback today or will it be the first working day of the month ?

And you will be in the priority prize draw for £150 on the 1st of July.
    MattBates said:

You get it some point today, very random as to what time. Could be any time up till 6pm

Thanks Matt :smile:

Also do you still get freerolls alongside the priority cash prize draw or is the prize draw instead of them ?
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    ALAN_18 said:

MattBates said:

Thanks Matt :smile:

Also do you still get freerolls alongside the priority cash prize draw or is the prize draw instead of them ?
    prize draw replaced the freerolls
    OK cheers Lads...
    Just got mine there £130 odd
  • 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    To get priority how many hours and how many tables you playing a week?
    68Trebor said:

To get priority how many hours and how many tables you playing a week?

6-8 tables a lot of the time I will of been getting double points for starting tables and also playing in the happy hours promo and I would say roughly 5 hours a day 6-7 days a week, something like that mate :smile:
    edited June 2019
    Had note on villain from when we played 4NL together (couple month ago so he/she could play lot better now) saying that he raises top pair hands and is willing to call shove with tptk or tpgk so didn't want any turn cards coming that may scare villain off from putting his stack in as I now have a lot of equity here. I am a 42/58 underdog against this exact hand but it is more or less a coin flip against his full range.

Am I ever better of flat calling that min raise and evaluating turn ? (I kinda think so now looking at the hand history) but feel I could be missing out on a lot of value against scary turn cards if villain does have top pair as that is really what it seems like when he min raises flop and I don't think I can ever 3bet this flop with the intention of ever folding ?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    The--DonSmall blind£0.10£0.10£19.90
    samibearBig blind£0.20£0.30£15.61
    Your hole cards
    • J
    bricktop05Fold
    ALAN_18Raise£0.60£0.90£24.63
    cj5555Call£0.60£1.50£21.09
    The--DonFold
    samibearFold
    Flop
    ALAN_18Bet£0.75£2.25£23.88
    cj5555Raise£1.50£3.75£19.59
    ALAN_18Raise£5.30£9.05£18.58
    cj5555All-in£19.59£28.64£0.00
    ALAN_18All-in£18.58£47.22£0.00
    ALAN_18Unmatched bet£3.54£43.68£3.54
    ALAN_18Show
    • J
    cj5555Show
    Turn
    • K
    River
    cj5555WinFull House, 5s and 8s£41.88£41.88
    edited June 2019
    Overall first little taster at 20NL went alright, think I dropped about 1.5 buy-ins but played well for the most part. The above hand is the only thing I am not so sure on, maybe another hand where villain raised QQ from BTN I squeezed from blinds, villain 4bet, I shoved. Will post the hand later but in my opinion it kind of played itself as I cant really call a 4bet out of position for 35bb or can I ? I would of thought it is a fold or shove ?

Started off only playing 2 tables which drove me insane so ended up playing a max of 5 which I suppose is better than playing 6-8.
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    I'm not sure I like your logic.

You say you have a read that he doesn't fold top pair type hands and he's giving you an amazing price to draw. If he's not going to fold top pair, or maybe even any pair, then raising doesn't accomplish very much.

If we don't think we have much fold equity, then semi-bluffing becomes a much more dicey prospect. If he had made a more substantial raise that we could overbet jam against, I'd like it a little more as we win more when he occasionally folds and are still in reasonable shape when he doesn't.

I would just have called for sure though against a bad player who overvalues weak made hands and then banked on being able to get some fat value still when we get there.
    The--Don said:

You say you have a read that he doesn't fold top pair type hands and he's giving you an amazing price to draw. If he's not going to fold top pair, or maybe even any pair, then raising doesn't accomplish very much.

If we don't think we have much fold equity, then semi-bluffing becomes a much more dicey prospect. If he had made a more substantial raise that we could overbet jam against, I'd like it a little more as we win more when he occasionally folds and are still in reasonable shape when he doesn't.

I would just have called for sure though against a bad player who overvalues weak made hands and then banked on being able to get some fat value still when we get there.

After re-reading the hand I tend to agree with you.
  • RemainerRemainer Member Posts: 23
    ALAN_18 said:

The--Don said:

After re-reading the hand I tend to agree with you.
    If as you say he's happy to call it off with top pair then I'd rather try and get it in on the flop and realise my equity. If the numbers say it's a coinflip it's never a big mistake to get it in. I'd expect you to be ahead if you plug all the combos of top pair into his range though?